Ban players in Russia?

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is unlikely to help those who are suffering right now. If a person supports aggression, then there is no way to convince him. It makes no sense for poker rooms to ban everyone, it is not financially profitable.

nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
No. The players have nothing to do with it, do they have anything to do with politics?

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
If we talk about individual players, then you will never know who they are: you may be playing with pedophiles and rapists every day (for example), but you will never know about it.
Some would say that the same applies towards you and you are actually psychopath :unsure:

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think we shouldn't ban Russian players from playing. I believe that they are not to blame for the decisions that their president makes. But hey, I accept the decision of some of them not to let them play.

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Are they still banned? For me they are still playing from another IP or whatever they need to do so, I don't think pokerstars has the luxury of losing such a number of players

J

James2023

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
BUT it made the number of Russian players on other sites increase dramatically. ACR has more Russians than ever before! And it's helping GGPoker's numbers rise to incredible heights. (I hate country bans though)
GG poker kicks ass. I see them soon replacing Pokerstars hands down. They have steady numbers almost hourly at 130k to 150k users.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont agree with the ban. I live in a counrty that does many things I dont agree with. The problem is I am just one person. If we were banned over something I had no control over I would not like it and feel its unfair.
But what kind of "ban" are we actually talking about here? Sites like PokerStars, 888 Poker, GG Poker, partypoker and many more also dont operate in the USA. So why are they obliged to operate in Russia? But if you are talking about CC banning members because of their nationality then of course not. This is an internet forum, and it should be open to everyone willing to follow its rules.

I have however on one occation suggested moderators to kick out 1-2 forum members, who consistently posted russian war propaganda in the community hangout section. The moderators refused to do this, and I still think, this is a display of misplaced tolerance. But the problem solved itself, since these forum members stopped being active.
Are they still banned? For me they are still playing from another IP or whatever they need to do so, I don't think Pokerstars has the luxury of losing such a number of players
PokerStars still dont operate in Russia and rightfully so in my opinion. Just like McDonald and countless other international companies have also shut down their russian operations. Of course russian citizens can still eat a burger at McDonald, if they are outside Russia, and they can also play on PokerStars, if they reside in a country, where PokerStars operate. Its rumoured, that some russian poker players have moved to Kazakstan and play from there. And while completely subjective I do sense, that there has been an increase in the number of players from Kazakstan since Russias invasion of Ukraine.

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yet such individuals are still blindly voting for him in the elections

Dude, is the only TV news channel in your country RT ?

Widespread electoral fraud, including ballot box stuffing and you seriously think, "no...its not that.... it's people voting for Putin"?

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Poker has nothing to do with wars.
The war of poker is not against our opponents but against our own selves. Our ego is the main enemy we should fight against!
Don’t think that I support Russia or any war, on the contrary, I just don’t give a... whatever for it when I am on the tables.
Last but not least I’m with CardsChat and support their choices.
Peace and love for y’all and let’s not start another war here in the forum.
Love is the only force that builds.

Baurzhan11

Baurzhan11

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I am in favor of any and all sanctions against Russia, nothing justifies a war, life is the most precious thing we have, international sanctions work very well, I believe they should increase every day.

I understand that many innocent people pay for this, but it is up to the people of their countries to determine their actions, the rulers should only represent the population, so one way to do this is the people, pressing, at some point the government gives in, then pressure on them.
I agree with you, we should not forgive killers Putin is a killer, he kills people

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't agree with banning other players just because the leaders of the country do this or that.
For me, poker is a sport, and sports have no place for politics ...

C

Chabita03

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No but there would be an issue with those playing from Russia.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have however on one occation suggested moderators to kick out 1-2 forum members, who consistently posted russian war propaganda in the community hangout section. The moderators refused to do this, and I still think, this is a display of misplaced tolerance. But the problem solved itself, since these forum members stopped being active.
+1

A

alex.dan.90

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
RO
Chips
It is not the peoples fault...be in their situation for a minute. would be ok for you to be excluded from certain activities just because the country you live in makes mistakes against humanity?

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
PokerStars does not yet operate in Russia and, in my opinion, with good reason. Like McDonald and countless other international companies, they have also closed their operations in Russia. Of course, Russian citizens can still eat a hamburger at McDonald's, if they're outside of Russia, and they can also play on PokerStars, if they reside in a country where PokerStars operates. Rumor has it that some Russian poker players have moved to Kazakhstan and play from there. And while it's completely subjective, I have a feeling that there has been an increase in the number of players from Kazakstan since the Russian invasion of Ukraine.
Yes, surely it is so. Regards Fun

P

pokerD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
No, I don't think they should be excluded from the game

papapokera85

papapokera85

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Not! Look what happened to pokerstars after Russia was banned from playing there! He's pissed off lol

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
No I do not agree. It is necessary to distinguish between the state and the people living in it. I am from Belarus, and I do not support russian aggression in any way

H

helen27_7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Everything related to russia should be blocked and restricted, russia has come to our land and is killing our people, so you can't treat russia well. Because of russia, many people die in our country every day, they are barbarians, inhumans, they do not follow the rules of war, therefore russia and their people are involved in this senseless war against us! the people of russia are coming to our land to kill us:cry:

Glory to Ukraine!!! Death to enemies!!!!

H

HeiligerKevin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you agree with banning all players, that their country supports russia in this war?
The problem is that some people don't support the actions of their country.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you agree with banning all players, that their country supports russia in this war?
No/yes, Players from Russia should have to register under a different or generic Country. No player should have a Russian Flag or be associated with Russia. If it was a war, ok but this is an invasion and non military targets like schools, hospitals and apartments are being bombed. Once it is over, change the country's name, as it is very soiled now.

lyudiko

lyudiko

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I am for the ban of players from Russia and Belarus until the end of the war with Ukraine.
Once again I clarify: the ban is only until the end of the war.

Not a single russian or belarusian will write the truth here if he is for a war with Ukraine. They all want to look like the good guys to you.

It's my opinion. I'm being honest with you.
Your loyalty to the players from russia and belarus is another rocket towards Ukraine, this is another death of a Ukrainian

Yes, not all russians and belarusians are bad.
But if all belarusians and russians were good, this war would not have happened

I'm sure that if russia went to war against your country, you would have a different opinion.

You all write ''no, they do not support war''. Damn, what have they done to stop the war? THEY DO NOTHING!

Almost all of my friends are at the front now.
Almost every day I communicate with people who have already buried someone from their family - a brother, son, nephew, father.

Let them stop their government. The people can do it, THEY CAN STOP THE WAR, THERE ARE 140 MILLIONS OF THEM!

You can condemn me, you can condemn my opinion, but I am for it.

You simply cannot imagine how much pain the population of russia and belarus has brought to my Country.
It's not putin who kills people, it's not putin who rapes women. These crimes are done by the hands of the russians. And no one knows, maybe the relatives of one of the players from russia are involved in these crimes.

It is no secret that a new big offensive is expected from russia and belarus.
We have been shelled every day!