kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
No Russians are not banned and most of them are nice people. The only one I would like to see banned are the ones who openly support the invasion and are posting it here in the forum and almost explain to us how nice Putin is. "We must protect the motherland".
So, you only wish to ban those players whose opinions differ from your own...then why be transfixed by nationality ?

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
To be objective.
Poker is not a panacea for anyone. We all play it for fun with the nice bonus of earning some money. But for none of US poker is not bread - it is not our earnings without which our life will become impossible from a financial point of view.
Professionals who really earn money from poker will easily change their place of residence, because their financial situation allows them to do so.

Online is beneficial for a poker rooms. The withdrawal of poker rooms from entire countries is a blow primarily to these poker rooms: they lose clients and their departure is not sanctions and not punishments: these are their forced actions due to changes in legislation.
No one wants to break the law and risk a license. In connection with the above, I exclude the fact that poker rooms will voluntarily ban entire countries.
Confirmation is the fact that, as you say, "sanctions" are not extended to Belarus.

It's not about the attitude of poker rooms to everything that is happening: it's only about the legislation regarding certain countries, in terms of gambling and poker in particular.

If we talk about individual players, then you will never know who they are: you may be playing with pedophiles and rapists every day (for example), but you will never know about it.
So how do you want someone to be banned?
Fools who will systematically be rude to everyone in the chat or use Proxies and VPNs to deceive the system, and so will be banned. And discussions on the topic: let's ban everyone, because that's what we want - it's stupid. At least, if we talk about poker.
No one deserves to be banned for their territorial location, unless it violates the law.
EDIT:
I forgot to add that this is just my opinion.

Last edited:
BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I don't like to mix politics with poker, sports or any other similar activity, so my answer is no... I mean, I hated last year when the Russian tennis players and football players(this is what I follow so I'm not sure about other sports but my guess is we had sanctions everywhere), that worked their ass off for years to archive something were banned from different tournaments/ competitions just because of their nationality(most of this people don't even live in Russia and have nothing to do with Putin...also, this people lost their main income); like other members said here- I agree that the people aren't to blame and there is no winning in war, so hopefully a miracle will happen and things will get better soon...

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Not all people agree with the thinking of their leader, but the rule was made to be followed

Jamil

Jamil

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Of course not. There are governments that do not represent their people, and there are also people that do not represent their government

juan1579

juan1579

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I don't think so, that's something that falls on the person's conscience

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I really think that poker (Well, poker players), should stay away from politics just as we want politicians to leave poker alone.
That said, I don't even agree with sites banning Russian players. They can ban Putin as much as they want, but most players have nothing to do with sending troupes to Ukraine or anywhere else.

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
So, you only wish to ban those players whose opinions differ from your own...then why be transfixed by nationality ?

I do not understand the question . If you live in the UK and support the invasion , yes that is really a crazy thing to do.

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I do not understand the question . If you live in the UK and support the invasion , yes that is really a crazy thing to do.

It wasn't a difficult question to understand.
You said you wanted to ban anyone that does not share your opinion.

The invasion threatens to destabilize the already volatile post-Soviet region.,.clearly, nobody should support the invasion of any country.

I know it's much more complicated of course. But from the Euromaiden protests and the ousting of President Yanukovych. To the Pro-Russian separatist activity in Ukrainian cities like Donetsk and the Donbass region (which then escalated into an armed conflict) the blame can be somewhat directed at those that caused it ....the EU !

The French and German's desire for ever expanding Empire. Mother Merkel, and that tosspot little Napoleon Macron.

NATO is on Russia's border...poking the bear, and it was obvious that was never an acceptable or tenable position.

My sympathy is for those needlessly slaughtered...on both sides.

O

oroochimaru

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's absurd and constitutes a witch hunt. Individuals and the State should be distinguished. Russians as a whole oppose this invasion.
The Russian people do not elect their president. Anyone who thinks elections in russia are legitimate and unrigged is out of his mind.
It is absurd to punish/ban people for the mistakes/wrong doing of their leaders. (n)

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I am in favor of any and all sanctions against Russia, nothing justifies a war, life is the most precious thing we have, international sanctions work very well, I believe they should increase every day.

I understand that many innocent people pay for this, but it is up to the people of their countries to determine their actions, the rulers should only represent the population, so one way to do this is the people, pressing, at some point the government gives in, then pressure on them.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Ofcourse no , do we even have to discuss sth like this ?? Why sb has to starve or lose money and profits , because his county's leadership decided a war ?? All people have to be punished and get banned ? All ? The same for people from countries that support Russia ?? That is fascist imo .

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
No I don't because the "P" stands for "poker" and not "politics". I've played against people from over 100 countries many of which, including Russia, have laws or an economic system that I don't approve of. They are just regular people like myself who enjoy playing tournaments, and I hope that they enjoy playing with me as much as I do with them. :)

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If we talk about individual players, then you will never know who they are: you may be playing with pedophiles and rapists every day (for example), but you will never know about it.
Funny you mention that. One day on ACR I was playing with someone using the screen name "NAMBLAGAMBLA", and asked them what nambla meant. I didn't receive a reply and the only time I've ever heard that word is in regards to an organization of pedophiles. Hopefully that isn't what the player meant, but one way or the other I've never seen them again.

waitandblead123

waitandblead123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think there is no need to ban Russian poker players, first of all, there is a VPN, let them play poker rather than fight.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
wow, you must be confusing, but poker is out of politics, why ban players? because they play poker like you? for me, it's very stupid, then you have to ban everyone))

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
It wasn't a difficult question to understand.
You said you wanted to ban anyone that does not share your opinion.

The invasion threatens to destabilize the already volatile post-Soviet region.,.clearly, nobody should support the invasion of any country.

I know it's much more complicated of course. But from the Euromaiden protests and the ousting of President Yanukovych. To the Pro-Russian separatist activity in Ukrainian cities like Donetsk and the Donbass region (which then escalated into an armed conflict) the blame can be somewhat directed at those that caused it ....the EU !

The French and German's desire for ever expanding Empire. Mother Merkel, and that tosspot little Napoleon Macron.

NATO is on Russia's border...poking the bear, and it was obvious that was never an acceptable or tenable position.

My sympathy is for those needlessly slaughtered...on both sides.

No I did not say that, if you support the invasion, not my opinion. Anyone who supports the invasion should get banned. Clear?

Just like we ban athletes from Russia so they can not participate in sports. Just stop the war and they are welcome back. And this is why a big poker room like Pokerstars has banned all Russian players. This is the opinion of 90 % of the population outside of Russia.

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
No I did not say that, if you support the invasion, not my opinion. Anyone who supports the invasion should get banned. Clear?

Just like we ban athletes from Russia so they can not participate in sports. Just stop the war and they are welcome back. And this is why a big poker room like Pokerstars has banned all Russian players. This is the opinion of 90 % of the population outside of Russia.

Clear from the moment you first said it...appears that you do have an opinion but do not recognize it as such.

Here's mine...punishing Russian people for being Russian will have no impact on the conflict. It will reinforce the feeling that they are despised globally as a people. Such acts are a service to Putin and his propagandizing...no good can come from that.

By all means remove sporting events and business from Russia in protest ...but you and those likeminded (cancel culture) clowns, calling for bans of a whole people, do more harm than good.

This is a card chat forum and everyone should be made to feel welcome.

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
Clear from the moment you first said it...appears that you do have an opinion but do not recognize it as such.

Here's mine...punishing Russian people for being Russian will have no impact on the conflict. It will reinforce the feeling that they are despised globally as a people. Such acts are a service to Putin and his propagandizing...no good can come from that.

By all means remove sporting events and business from Russia in protest ...but you and those likeminded (cancel culture) clowns, calling for bans of a whole people, do more harm than good.

This is a card chat forum and everyone should be made to feel welcome.

Actually this is a very simple question : Do you support the invasion or not ? If you support the Russian invasion , yes I agree they should get banned!

But if they do not support the invasion ,I am your friend.

BTW If anyone in the UK support the invasion, we are not friends.

ledsmith

ledsmith

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I do not see any sense in such actions. At least it won't stop the war, and it won't overthrow Putin. I don't want to explain further...

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Do you support the invasion or not ? If you support the Russian invasion , yes I agree they should get banned!

But if they do not support the invasion ,I am your friend.

BTW If anyone in the UK support the invasion, we are not friends.

Mowgli couldn't be your friend, Baloo....and he likes bears!

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I dont agree with the ban. I live in a counrty that does many things I dont agree with. The problem is I am just one person. If we were banned over something I had no control over I would not like it and feel its unfair.