The bads bad feels worst than the goods good.

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anyone else have this mind set?

I am happy when my KKs cracked your AAs. But not nearly as closes as how sucky I feel when my AAs gets cracked by your KKs.

So does it mean collectively poker player feels more shitty than they do happy? Because between a person that gets their AA cracked and the KKs that crack that person it is a net negative feeling.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bads feel worse than the goods..expectations

When you expect to win, and you do, it's no big deal emotionally.
When your expectations are lower, and you win, it is a big deal, the money isn't the thing, it's the juice from being surprised, to the good.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't care if my aces get cracked. I don't care if I lose whenever I'm favorite to win. To me, there's no such thing as a 'bad beat' so, losing a hand doesn't matter. It's standard, it's inevitable, it's whatever.

I do empathize with others when I'm the under dog and I beat their hand because not everyone feels the same as I do in the same situation.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Human nature is such - we remember bad things much easier and for much longer than good ones. :)

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Anyone else have this mind set?

I am happy when my KKs cracked your AAs. But not nearly as closes as how sucky I feel when my AAs gets cracked by your KKs.

So does it mean collectively poker player feels more shitty than they do happy? Because between a person that gets their AA cracked and the KKs that crack that person it is a net negative feeling.

In any case, poker brings me positive emotions. I am just trying to make the right decisions and enjoy the game.

S

supersteve_z

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
it's all about making +ev moves, even if you lose you made a good call

W

wildjoker68

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never Gamble with money you hold dear to your heart.
always expect to lose, that way when you do win, you can enjoy the unexpected.

Cam54

Cam54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is just how it is ... in every aspect of life .... and as of late it has become worse ... I believe mainly because of how children are raised now ... now you don't have to be better... now you do not need to be educated .. you do not have to try harder or work harder .. is any of that true ?? of course not, but people grow up believing that now when kids are passed out trophies for just showing up, and thinking they actually won something ...

It is human nature to forget the good things that have happened ...but hold onto the bad for dear life ... not sure why ..but I have seen it over and over and the more we make our society one big participation trophy the less anyone will accept personal responsibility, or see most things realistically, or even realize through action they can change outcomes ...

It will absolutely get worse .. with people wondering why they didn't win just because they were born .... you just need to inject a little realism and understand everybody gets to lose sometimes, and that is a fine lesson all by itself, and I try to stay aware of the times I was the one who got lucky .. and when it comes to poker, there is a mathematical explanation, when your aces get cracked, well file it away for review, to see if you could have played better in that situation, and on to the next hand, simple ... in poker one of the biggest challenges imo is to not be results oriented, the question isn't why is my luck so horrible .. the question is did I play the hand the best I could and can I improve next time, and at that point you have done your best .... Things will play out in a random fashion at the poker table... just as they are supposed to ... same as the rest of life ....

Last edited:
terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm like whatever when i lose,no big deal,,, :rolleyes: it's just a game,,,

xmuggpokerx

xmuggpokerx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
More like the bad is worse than bad and the great is barely ok. That’s how they keep ya down. I’ll take a dollar and give ya a quarter. Every time.

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
of course is normal to fell a negative emotion after lose with Aces
those who say "I don't care bla,bla,bla" you are all hypocrite!
you're a robot or something without feelings? or you are playing virtual money?

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
of course is normal to fell a negative emotion after lose with Aces
those who say "I don't care bla,bla,bla" you are all hypocrite!
you're a robot or something without feelings? or you are playing virtual money?
I'm a hypocrite because i don't get upset when I lose with aces? Its literally not a big deal. I just say 'nh' and move on.

run187

run187

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
My aa losing to kk I can take but when its some clown pushing 85 off all in and then hits 88 it gets annoying ..

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In order to get good results, you first need to enjoy the game. Obviously, negative emotions affect the outcome and can lead to losses. Therefore, reject the negative emotions and try to play simply for your own pleasure.