Bad luck

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems like im in a mille deep hole with poker past couple of months. Totally lost will to play the game. So i took 10 day break from everything that involves poker. And it seems that fire in me is back again. This is advice for everyone having the same problem. Try taking a break for some time.

paulinhlt

paulinhlt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Reminding you that variance sometimes lasts for months or even years at large poker players. That may be what happened to you.
But take a few weeks off and rest and meditate is always welcome.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Another thing you can do is go down to the lowest stakes and freerolls, just play completely randomly and ignore what cards you have. Just have some fun and create some bad beats.

deform fedot

deform fedot

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you mean the game online, then I have watched this many times after withdrawal of money, and this applies to many rooms and 888 and poker stars. I am convinced that this is not just a dispersion, if you have not done it yet again.But in any case, the poker game is part of us as individuals, and once the time will come when you will be in a hurry again.Good luck!

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know how you feel and I agree . When things keep going against no matter how I try to change up my play I take a break also . Then I come back slowly playing some freerolls and try to get the feeling back . Good luck with your comeback .

A

Aca0012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are days when nothing is going for us, but it is definitely an integral part of poker and the lack of happiness is part of the game, and it is up to us to stay strong and try to reduce the tilt at those moments as much as possible or take a break when it does not do well. In addition to knowledge, happiness is also important, but when there is no, we have to be cautious.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Absolutely agree with you. Break also always helps me.
After a short rest, I am more focused on the game, and I always get better results.
Good luck.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i also take such breaks
It helps to reduce the emotional load to gain form and the desire to fight on.
then I am very much attracted to the game again and this has a good effect on the session results

Entrik

Entrik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting advice:) Thanks for the advice:) I had such perehody, but I did not even pay attention to it :( And it was necessary ...

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Thanks for the interesting tips. But I have my own effective method. In such cases, I usually meditate, and it always helps me.

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think everyone has a bad phase in poker and I think you do not have to stop playing for a while, just wait for the bad phase to happen.

neiroob

neiroob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Breaks are necessary if you feel that your game is not optimal, and you have a big losing game, rest a bit and forget about the game until you have a desire to play again.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It helps to get away from something.Helps and understand you have it or not...

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello! It's a good advice. Sometimes this is happens with me. When I take a break, (more than one week) that makes me feel good.

estefanetti

estefanetti

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bad luck tends to dominate my life

Sometimes you are waiting for a good hand in a tournament and playing quietly and suddenly that hand comes and you end the tournament, that happens to me often.
I hope it;s not bad luck.... i think

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually this works, shutting down on many occasions does well, trying to shift focus, for when to come back, back get full of positive energies.
Many poker players do not know the time to stop, they try to recover what they lost during the day, this is the biggest mistake, when things happen this way, the best way to avoid bigger damages is to leave the game aside

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can temporarily switch to poker with virtual chips and regain confidence in the game.

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good advice . I'm in a similar spot , the variance seems to be getting me all the time . When that happens I lose confidence in my game and make mistakes . I take aa break until I can get the feeling back . Sometimes it may only take a day sometimes a week but it helps . Hopefully your advice will help others . Good luck on your comeback .

R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello friend, surely if you are not feeling well for the game the best option certainly and take the time to rethink everything that is doing. Playing without focus or tilt is certainly not a good option, the best thing you did was to take a "vacation" game!

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t know how other players think about bad luck, but for me I think so that if my card plays well and the combinations fall out and I win, that’s great for me, but if the card doesn’t play and I lose during the day, then for me This is bad luck, but when I lose within 2-3 days or a week, then this is a big bad luck and then I take a short break to rest from the game!

M

Mateusss0617

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have bad luck u must take a break, or you might lose your head, if you are in a tournament ofc you have to continue but if you are playing like spin and goes , after u lost like 3 spin and goes take a break like 1 or 2 hours or more