Back after an 8 month break

thylmanoid

thylmanoid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm just back after an 8-month break with college and work being my main priority. Heading into christmas now and I have a bit of spare time. I'm still an avid poker enthusiast, just wondering what your thoughts are on how to make up for lost time. I'm obviously a little rusty.

I predominately play online. I want to start playing local tournaments though. I'm sure a lot of you have been on extended breaks from poker. I was curious as to how you get back into the swing of things. Is just playing again consistently the only thing you do?

P

PepeTurtle

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I passed 2 years without playing, I re-started playing September 2016.... every good reflex gone, it was terrible. First tourney I had AK got busted like first 2 minutes... everything gone, timing, bet sizing, reading... pifff

I don't know others, seems to me a good idea play some freerolls. Some dollar tourney everyday and pay attention to yourself, watch streamers...

Good luck.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Live tournaments suck compared to online $350 buy-in and lower.

thylmanoid

thylmanoid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah I've just started learning it all over again. Reading Crushing the Micro-Stakes by BlackRain47 and watching Splitsuits videos. Focusing on hand reading again and ranges. Once I get paid I'm going to put €60 into PS and play 2NL for a while until I get up €150 and start 5NL... and so on.