Attaining consistency

Lheticus

Lheticus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Soon" is such a delightfully ambiguous word isn't it?

As those of you who read my admittedly rather self serving blog post "On the Outside Looking In" (I meant to change that title before sending it out but it's still okay I guess) will have heard, really I think my poker skills, while perhaps not up to the standard of many professionals, aren't really weak in any major area--except in attempting to use them. I do feel like I have just about everything else, now I just need to bring it all together consistently--to HAVE consistency.

It's difficult for me. Sometimes I get bored, and play wildly because I'm so darn BORED. Sometimes I can use the internet to help me be not bored, but then I'm not focusing on the game enough and make mistakes. And the times when neither of these things happen, I'm not really sure WHAT I'm doing right! So, how to be consistent? The floor is open!

Z

zkel1980

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know this feeling as well (too well!!!!), I love poker, can play to a pretty decent standard, but, some times I'll just play wildly. You definitely need discipline for playing poker and it's one thing I need to work on too.

C

CearaPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Indeed, without discipline it is impossible to be a winner in poker unless you are a very lucky man what face it does not happen often, I for example I always try to play a hand independent time to quarrel a large or small pot, always game it the best way possible with the intention of winning.

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know what to call it, but I went into a time 4 weeks ago where I lost all interest in every thing. And I did nothing. Sometimes I would get on here and register for a MTT and before it started, I would change my mind and not play. Matter of fact, I didn't play much at all during that time, because without a doubt I would lose. And I'm not a loser, but I am experienced enough to realize when I'm not going to play my best because my mind is on what I think is more important that poker. The rest was great and one day it all just went away. And I felt like a ton was off my back. I've done pretty good since then. This is about the same as being bored with the game, and it's a time to take a break or whatever you think will change your mind and be able to play again. Do something positive and don't lose your BR

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To tell ya the truth, it took me years and it only worked for me through a tight schedule. When I first joined CC, my table time was all over the place and so was my consistency.
I changed all that by sticking to a daily schedule. I know some players cant do this, but I got the opportunity because of a change in life and it worked for me.
I ended up playing upto 12 hours a day, even though 6 hours was the plan. I did get addicted, but I ended up being very consistant and made me the player I am today.