April results/May goals thread

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok I already posted goals for may in another thread, so I'll post it here as well.

Results in graph form at bottom.

These were my April goals:

1 - Play 50k hands ( probably all 50nl 6max assuming I achieve goal 3)

Goal achieved - played 51k hands, the majority of which was at 50nlFR. I did dabble at min betaments (why oh why? It just puts me on life tilt)

2 - Maintain Platinum status - follows on from goal 1 as I need 45k hands to achieve Platinum.

Acheived quite easily tbh. Took around 3 weeks as I have had most of the last week off.

3 - For the love of god please run goot. I'm sick of running like s**t. The poker gods have an automatic doomswitch set on my account, coz everytime I get my balance up to $2100, I run like crap.

Ran pretty goot
biggrin.gif
, 4ptbb/100.

4 - Post more on CC.

I did to some extent. But I need to contribute more on HA.

5 - Study more and participate in sweat sessions with the study group guys.

Had one session with Chuck, which went really well I thought. Would really like to do more of these as I think it's a far better system to learn techniques, than just reading about them.

Goals for May:

1 - 100K hands at 50nl FR.

2 - Take shots at 100NL

3 - Achieve Platinum

4 - Study more and more sweat sessions.

Ok pretty boring and repetitive, but I really want to push now. I will only go for the 100k hands assuming I run ok for the month.

Attachments

• april 2008.jpg
    april 2008.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 8
tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
April results on my blog......

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
May goals: Actually play 10k hands. But this time at $50NL. And not lose money in the process.

Attachments

• april.jpg
    april.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 10
Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
jag - are you using pt3 full time now? How's the hud work out?
Yep unfortunately I do have to use it full time. The HUD actually looks really good, however, it only works upto 9 tabling. After that all weird s*%t happens, it lags horribly, and the graphics go all over the place. So I'm still statless whilst playing.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
holy moses I have no idea how you handle that with no stats and still manage 4bb :eek:

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You know me Chuck, Im a hopeless luckbox :D.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Goal 1 - Finish main GTA IV story

Goal 2 - Buy new monitor so can 12 table

Goal 3 - Learn how to 12 table (currently 9'ing)

Goal 4 - Finally move up to $25nl and take poker a bit more seriously when playing at 25 as opposed to playing 10 for fun mostly

MrMuckets

MrMuckets

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Goal 1 : Survive on the tables
Goal 2 : Marry Ashley Olsen
Goal 3 : Survive on the tables.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
april goals whas just make a couple of final tables and get my BR from 180 to 300$.
And i got bouth managed to get my br to 650$ and got a lot of FT´s.

My goal this month is taking 250$ out of my acount and try to built from 400$ to 500$

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't think I set any April goals... slack of me.

May goals: have a winning month. Posted a small loss in April, so really wanna move back in the right direction.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On Absolute Poker, my main goals are:

-Increase BR by at least 50%. Im sitting on $230, so I'd like to finish around the $350 mark

-Play 100-200+ $2.4 SNGs. I am properly rolled to play th $5.5 limit, but I dont feel comfortable playing it. I dont want to play at a limit just because I have the money to do so. So, Ill drop down a limit until I feel confident enough that I can beat $2.4 SNGs (on a personal level) before I move up. Also, I'd feel a lot more comfortable playing $5.5 with an even bigger BR, at least $400+

-Play more $1 MTTs. I am rolled to play $2 as well, but I want to focus most of my time on improving my SNG game. I'd say I'll be playing SNGs 90% of the time and MTTs 10%. So, no real goals for MTTs except improve my game, hopefully increase my BR, make a few FTs, and final hit that big win.

-If I manage to build my BR to $500+, I'd like to start playing in .05/.10 NLHE 6-handed ring games. 50 buy-ins might seem like overkill-especially if your name is Bob_Tiger, but Im really not sure how good I am at ring games, so I'd like to have some type of cushion if I do decide to play. The more buy-ins the better. I really dont see this happening this month unless I have an extremely good run on SNGs and place well in MTTs, so its just hopeful wishing.

On PS and full tilt poker, my BRs are pretty small so I'll just play them occasionally to try and rebuild my rolls. Most of my time and efforts will be focused on Absolute.

B

bw07507

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
May Goals:

Play 25-30K Cash game hands (Summer is starting = lots of free time = lots of poker)

Make the move to 50NL 6max (should be able to happen in the next week or so)

Make Gold Star

Buy a new computer with a bigger monitor so I can start trying to 6-table (I feel like this might be my max number of tables that I could play at 6max. 4 even feels hectic sometimes, but Im getting more and more comfortable lately)

Play a few larger buy-in MTTs ($20 buy-in)

April Results:

Ran very, very well in April. Was very pleased with how I did. Here is my graph and I also won ~$200 in tournament winnings.

Attachments

• April.jpg
    April.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 8
SeanyJ

SeanyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just blew $60 in like 300 hands just now so that's the drop at the end. I'm kinda just happy that I managed to even turn a profit after the horrible start but I'm pissed that my bankroll was up to $550 and now it's $490.

My only goal for May is to turn a profit and consistently beat 25NL, I think that was my goal for April too :p
Aprildone.png

Attachments

• Aprildone.jpg
    Aprildone.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 8
  • BAHHHH.jpg
    BAHHHH.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 8
Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
April Goals

1) Play 1250 hands of online cash $.10/$.25 & $.25/$.50 w/ BB/100 of 5 or better Not even close, maybe 500 hands (don't keep Bodog hands) but I did run at >5 BB/100 for what I did play
2) Play 75 combined tournaments & SNGs w/ ROI of 25% or better Not even close, 14 played w/ 54% ROI

3) Build my live bankroll to $800, currently at $360 Almost hit it but then I pulled some $$$ from it for racing so it's only $450 now

Last month was super busy with mucho work buying new used vehicles, house closing, yada yada and racing work increasing.

May Goals

1) Same as last month
2) Play 40 combined tournaments & SNGs w/ ROI of 25% or better
3) Live play, build bankroll to $600

Racing will take out my Sat night live cash play but weekdays should be a much less busy this month.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know why we stopped doing these, so I'll restart:
  • $5k month NO :(
  • 25k hands YES :)
  • final table something with > 500 players YES :)
  • dodge bullets MEH :/
i'll come up with more i suppose, but that's it for now

May:

50k hands
platinumstar
move up up up

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my goal is simple.

Stay disciplined and only play cashgames to make profit.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Goals in my blog, basically just improve and profit. From April I definitely cleared my # of hands goal as I was shooting for maintaining gold and I made platinum. This may have come at the expense of profit as even with my amazing last day I still ran under 1 PTBB/100. Part was a bad run but part was just plain bad play. I'm to the point where I know how to play well, but it's a different thing from knowing it and being able to execute it hand in and hand out on all 12 tables for that many hands in a row. I know I can do it, but I need to work on focus here. Obviously I need to continue to improve in my general poker skills and betting pattern recognition, but most of my goals for this are being able to mentally stay focused when I play. I'll have less getting in my way in other areas of my life (mainly schoolwork) so hopefully I can be successful in this. So basically I want to make platinum again, buy the platinum bonus when I hit it (in another ~25k hands) and continue to go up and make some real money without my level of play suffering.

flint

flint

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok, its time to make some goals. Last month was just horrible, didn't have much time to play and droped from $50 BR to $35. Managed to loose $10 on 5nl today also, so I'll consider to start of May to be after this post.

1. Finally figure cash games out
2. Being unattached from the outcome of hands
3. Play better when on long loosing streaks
4. Center my energy towards winning
5. Win big in the 250k T6poker tournament - Try for atleast two cashes.
6. Get my partypoker BR past 100 dollars
7. Get a entry into the Partypoker 300k

l Love Beer

l Love Beer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
POKER GOALS...

Make gold iron man status (FT)

hit $1200 from current $950...

stop playing drunk

get serious with 50nl...

stop overvalueing pocket pair... (especially >10)

NON POKER GOALS...

get a raise.

stop spending my nightly pay at the bar EVERY NIGHT.

give more attention to my girlfriend...

play less poker

spend more time with the dogs....

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5 - win Sunday Million twice to prove that the first time i do it isn't a fluke

6 - Watch Cardiff beat Pompey

S93