joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
whyareunvs said:
joosebuck --

I was playing in the Caesars boat outside Louisville, KY and in a matter of 3 hours, saw quads 4 times, at that same table and three of those four it was 7's. It happens everywhere both the long droughts and the long streaks. Online your number of hands per hour is so high that you're going to see it much more often.

I think you misunderstood me. I was saying people always complain about live tables, and no one seems to complain about cold tables. I wasnt implying that online poker is rigged in any way shape or form.

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
popcash said:
Anyone who thinks the online shuffles are rigged is half right. They are actually random, however the site software evaluates every shuffle to see if there are enough strong hands to make the game exciting and bring conflict to the game. If not, the shuffle is discarded and the next random shuffle is produced. That's why there are so many monster hands in online poker. The sites want quick and fatal conflicts to speed up play... the faster your game or tourney is over, the more games they can run ($$$). The more monster hands out there, the more excitement. If online poker used every single random shuffle produced by the software, it would be so boring no one would play.

These are the simple facts of online play... we simply have to accept it or quit playing.
This doesn't even make sense. The A.I. would have to watch the players at a specific table for thousands of hands in order to be able to determine what players think what hands are strong enough to give action with. Obviously AA/KK/AK, but from there it's all opinion. I've seen one person play JJ completely different than another enough times to know that a computer that is able to determine what my playstyle is along with everyone else's at my table and adjust the cards we are getting accordingly (which is what this software would be doing, throwing out hands we wouldn't play aggressively, or at all) is impossible. Maybe one table. Maybe ten tables. But to the scale that you see in online poker? No. It would be too ineffecient and costly to run the servers, especially since the rake is capped at most tables.

I want to quote something again in specific:

The more monster hands out there, the more excitement. If online poker used every single random shuffle produced by the software, it would be so boring no one would play.
As random as it could possibly be (because there is no such thing as a random number generator) it wouldn't be boring. There are a certain # of cards in the deck, and eventually AAAA will be beaten by a royal flush. Possibly even 100 hands in a row. Possibly not even in your lifetime. For someone that claims to have as much experience in card theory, or at least live poker, you seem to be somewhat daft.

You have no argument, you have no evidence.

Did I leave anything out?

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ah yes. My mistake.

(Update your blog)

F

Fish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Update on Saturday. I have the house to myself all day, so it's nothing but Poker all day! :D

shortstacked

shortstacked

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yesterday I went in with AKo in a game irl. Flop came AA8. I started betting and 'til the river it was a guy and me. There was no flush, no straight, and I had trips with K high. Thought I had it. He shows me... pocket 8's.

Very next hand I was left shortstacked. Got Q9s, went in. Flop came QQ3. I went all-in. Same guy called. Turn came J, river came another 3. He had pocket 3's.

Right after he got me out he got 3 guys out in a 4-way all-in Q-high flush vs K-high flush vs A-high flush vs his full house.

I play alot online and the more you play the more you will see this! eather your get beat or you see other getting beat like you said above, shake it off and go kick some butt