Anybody ever fall asleep during a tourney?

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Guilty. I've fallen asleep more times than I can count. I seem to keep signing up for tourneys late at night under the impression that since the whole household is asleep I'll finally have some peace and quiet and can concentrate. LOL - I usually end up falling asleep at my laptop, wake with a sore neck and no money.

P

PeterGriffin213

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have fallen asleep in many tourneys. There is only one that i can remember off the top of my head. It was the $100 Omaha Freeroll on FT. It was the one that started at 9:00 at night though. I was doing very well in the tourney and had made it to the final table. I was chip leader by alot of chips! I was killin em! There were 6 people left and i was up by like 500k or so. I was soooo tired though and thought i was going to fall asleep any second. Well, i wanted to play another hand. So i did, i called a huge raise preflop. I flopped the best hand possible- a full house. I bet very big and the dude got disconnected, so i had to wait 90 seconds. I ended up falling asleep! I wake up a few hands later and i'm like "wtf". So, i went to last hand history and noticed i had lost that hand. So, i was pissed off and just decided to donk all of my chips and then went to bed. I only ended up getting $2, when i coulda won $15 if i may not have fallen asleep!!

T

TIGERSTUMP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ive lost count ov the times ive fell asleep at mi laptop,,,lol .there have been a few comps were ive bine killin it ,and woke up in the moring with pokerstars empty table,and table closed in the middle ov it.lol

Nigel1963

Nigel1963

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've nodded off a few times. Thank God for that little "your bet" alarm waking me up.

I was gonna say that! lol But I have fallen asleep during tourneys and not been woken by the buzzer. Scared that one day will find the laptop in bits on the floor, fortunately not happened yet.

M

mr go fish

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have fallen a sleep a few times because im allways on my couch plkaying poker allwireless normally is a good tthing but sometimes is bad esp in a heads up

A

aceup21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well Well

LoL, im happy to say that ive never fallen asleep during a tourney, although i have come awfull close im sure. Then again im always either listening to music on my computer at the same time im playing or got the tv turned on. One thing ive noticed is that if i turn the light off when i play, oh goodness i will come very close to wanting to just quit and go to sleep so now i just leave the lights on no matter how late it is. LOL

AND NO DRUNK AND DEAF IS NO WAY TO GO THROUGH LIFE
LOL

Passion_play

Passion_play

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL
I have a laptop now so I can play in bed... hehe
very comfy to fall asleep there :)

imasquare

imasquare

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have left a freeroll i was playing to go to sleep because i was too tired and my eyes kept closing on me, there where 18 players left and i was 5th in chips and top 9 pay,i was hoping to make it itm but i guess i didn't. that game was a whole waste of time.

Dalsue214

Dalsue214

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did a few months ago in a late night private Full Tilt tourney... I believe there was around 60 players... and like.. 12 got paid... i awoke a few hours later and found i had finished 14th... it was only a few dollars buyin.. but i was upset that i spent it because i foolishly fell asleep...

You snooze you lose!

hayes5150

hayes5150

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I think alot of have done it you have to have your volume up loud works like a good alarm clock. I fell asleep playing the bodog freeroll when it was a $1000 I ended up placing 3rd my buddy was watching me and relized i musta fell asleep he called me at 2am to ask me wtf I was doing lmao!

A

akaCLINT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
taking a nap is a very good protection from my inner donk, happend twice in Ft-freerolls last year.
now i just get up and go to bed...
aC

playsuji6

playsuji6

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes ofcourse, as these (ET,PT) times are very strange and about 11hrs below our time. Most of the tourneys will only be on 3am 4am, it is very hard to play these times. I also found many times i fall asleep and suddenly look the laptop and again will sleep!!
bad timings!!!! blame it!!! LOL!!!!

M

macemort

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
well I thought I would have to come back to this post.........

Last night on carbon I am in midnight $10 bounty (one of the biggest donk game on the site for anyone interested) and the $3 ho shortly after. I have 4k or so chips in the bounty with 19 or so left and 29k in the ho with 6 left. Fading in and out next thing I know I have 560 chips left in the bounty with 9 left - $$$$$ nice and 22k in the ho with 4 left. Well I ended up getting up to 3k or so in the bounty but finished like 8th and I ended up winning the HO.

I wonder how often I will have to post here lol......

Tom1559

Tom1559

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think if you are falling asleep during a game then you are not really doing your game justice.

foldy

foldy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No. If I'm really sleepy and If it's a freeroll or a really cheap tournament that I've entered out of foolishness i just quit it and go to bed :)

Crummy

Crummy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Back in my younger years (4 years ago) when I first started playing poker I would do this VERY often. I used to play in the Bodog 9:40pm and 10:40pm, then I'd ussually be up in time to play in the 4:40am one..... Sometimes I'd fall asleep playing in the earlier ones when I made it deep, and almost all the time in the 4:40am (ussually fall asleep around 6:00am).... The only thing that kept me in the tournaments was Bodogs beeping reminder when your starting to time out.

Infamous1020

Infamous1020

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
my friend fell asleep in the 50 50 lol

SydTheCat

SydTheCat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many times when I go to bed, I get the urge to play for about an hour. Kind of like reading before bed. So I pull out the laptop, and before long I'm dozing. I only nod off for a few minutes at a time. But i'll probally do that 3-4 times before I give in and shut it down....I guess my wife is right, I am addicted to poker.

left52side

left52side

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I never really fell asleep at the table,but I have fallen asleep plenty of times waiting on a tourney to start up.
Once it was for a pretty big buy in and I was super pissed.
Wont let that happen again.

JaBone30

JaBone30

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep

LOL
I have a laptop now so I can play in bed... hehe
very comfy to fall asleep there :)

Thats me I've been playin from my laptop here lately and have caught myself driftin off in the bigger MTTs Ferguson and Daily Dollars, LOL.:cool: But I havent fell out yet for any long period of time.:pepsi: :smokin: :stoned:

Crummy

Crummy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the contrary..... I overslept for a tournament once (home tourney with unlimited re-buys for the first hour). I showed up at the first break and had about 2 minutes to buy in, so I did for the minimum ($25) and ended up wining the tournament for $450.... I think the sleep did me good.

M

MENGAOPORRA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes ... Lol
but just once !
and i woke up thinking where am I ??? lol
good to know that i`m not the only one

F

farmyx23

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
not yet but i slept while i was driving a car ....i really dont know how i was able to drive about 50 miles without remembering anything

evildoesit2003

evildoesit2003

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Now that is funny sometimes maybe we are better off not playing in hands lol. I have faded in and out a few times but always seem to come to it is hard sometimes tho.

M

mange

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rule or 8

Remember Daniel Negreanu's rule of 8. That is eight hours sleep before a game. haha.

Easier said than done.

Lots of games are played late at nite when most average working people are ready for bed.

I never fell asleep, but have played so tired and sleepy that it made my game worst than usual. And, that is bad.

LMAO

Good luck,

mange