bubba24

bubba24

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all
Whats your thoughts on playing AQs or os......AJ s or os
early in the game pushing? Playing like a small pair?
dont hit flop fold? Same questions for middle game and end game?
What do you think,they are my worst hands and have lost more chips on these then any other hands!

Bubba24

S

sanpatso

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Bubba,

I play only tourneys so I will answer your question as a tourney only player. What hands you play and how aggressive you play them has 2 main factors. Position and stack size. Forget about all aother factors as these 2 are key to success. If you are in early position hands like AJ AQ have a lot less value than if you are in late position. Normally in early position I will call the blind and one small raise. If two raise I will fold unless I am short stacked then perhaps it is time to take my stand why there are chips in the pot. If I am in late position with no or maybe no callers behind me I will push with AQ or AJ and push hard. You want to really pressue those blinds. don't be afraid to fold any hand even if you have a good sized bet out there. Better to lose 1/5 of your stack than to be out of the game.

Grundy

Grundy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree and add that how far you are in the tournament matters too. After playing pre-flop as stated above, I would probably fold to any bet post-flop if you didn't catch and you are early in the tournament. Later in the tourney, you may want to stay with it and bet/raise depending on your opponent--who you should probably know by then.

bubba24

bubba24

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL.....I agree also
MTT $2,25 and this happened tonight on PS...last 20% of the game...stack 14400
AQh.......bet from late pos. $650
bb goes all in i call 2000......he's holding 98 os....
he straights...i'm left pullin my pud.
my luck i guess.....i been folding it all night,thought it might be time to play them......people play JTos.and win......K7 os and win.....AQ s
and i lose 80% of the time.
bubba

bob_tiger

bob_tiger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL.....I agree also
MTT $2,25 and this happened tonight on PS...last 20% of the game...stack 14400
AQh.......bet from late pos. $650
bb goes all in i call 2000......he's holding 98 os....
he straights...i'm left pullin my pud.
my luck i guess.....i been folding it all night,thought it might be time to play them......people play JTos.and win......K7 os and win.....AQ s
and i lose 80% of the time.
bubba

well bubba post some hands in the tourney hand analysis and i'm sure people would take a look and help you. I haven't seen you play so I dont know if you are playing AQ aggresive enough or maybe way to agressive? I believe AQ and AK are most over valued hands online, way just way to many people dont understand how to play these hands. I see people going all in on with AK with huge stack and getting crippled by something like 55 and wandering how 55 could such a big bet, thats just an example, but anyways definitely start posting some hands on cc and im sure we will help you find leaks in your games :)

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Bubba,

I play only tourneys so I will answer your question as a tourney only player. What hands you play and how aggressive you play them has 2 main factors. Position and stack size. Forget about all aother factors as these 2 are key to success. If you are in early position hands like AJ AQ have a lot less value than if you are in late position. Normally in early position I will call the blind and one small raise. If two raise I will fold unless I am short stacked then perhaps it is time to take my stand why there are chips in the pot. If I am in late position with no or maybe no callers behind me I will push with AQ or AJ and push hard. You want to really pressue those blinds. don't be afraid to fold any hand even if you have a good sized bet out there. Better to lose 1/5 of your stack than to be out of the game.
Great advice, and I really like the bit I bolded.

bubba24

bubba24

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok bob,didnt think of that.being new and all...

yes thanks sanpatso great advice.

bubba

brutus

brutus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i seem to always get beat by AQ, if im up against it i lose and if i have it im losin, i try to see the flop as cheap as possible and fold if i dont hit the flop.

as you can see by my signature i am no big fan of AQ, i may even start to fold it preflop:)