Any poker player millionaires without a 1st place tourney win?

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are there any poker players out there that you guys can name that made millions from either cash games or just in the money or final table appearances from tournaments without 1st place? I'm curious cause the one thing that I learned from poker is that there is so many ways to win in this game and make money without 1st place in tournaments. I do however hope to make bank and win 1st place in these tournaments one day cause it's a goal and dream but at times it's hard lol.

Poker is definitely a hard way to make money but I'm positive I can make a profit in this game. Sometimes I'm decent in tournaments and other times I'm pretty good with cash games. I also make okay profit from heads up poker.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It's quite easy to look up such statistics at The Hendon Mob.

They rank players from their live tournament earnings. Currently 2,154 players are listed as having over $1 million in earnings (without online and cash earnings).

Most of which you would not be familiar with and the majority of which (I believe) have not won a major tournament.

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This way of making money is not for me. I play more for fun.

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

They rank players from their live tournament earnings. Currently 2,154 players are listed as having over $1 million in earnings (without online and cash earnings).

Most of which you would not be familiar with and the majority of which (I believe) have not won a major tournament.

Thanks I'll check out this site

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Making a million dollars of a $10 spin in minutes no long tournament here lol.
Many players have hit these rare jackpots over the years.:eek:

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi Friend.

I can't give them a specific name, but anyone who has achieved second place in a $ 10,000 entry tournament at Scoop has already secured their good money. :D

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't give them a specific name, but anyone who has achieved second place in a $ 10,000 entry tournament at Scoop has already secured their good money. :D

Hmmm that's secretive

T

The Long Shot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol but this is so rare though this happens what one every 5 years?

Back in 2015 this happened 8 times in one month.

That was an anomaly but they do hit way more frequently than twice a decade :)

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
If poker brings you a steady income then that's great. In this case, you need to work and develop in this direction. I think your statistics can help you a lot to minimize costs and increase profits. Play only what brings you the most profit and do not waste time on less profitable games.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

It doesn't actually show if the player is even in profit so they may have actually made nothing... or maybe losing money.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It doesn't actually show if the player is even in profit so they may have actually made nothing... or maybe losing money.

Yes, I was simply pointing out earnings at Hendon Mob.

Regarding P & L...I'll quote myself from the WSOP /news thread

A few years ago I can remember quite a lot of discussion regarding players actually being rated on their buy-ins compared to their cashes as this would produce an accurate reflection of their 'earnings'. As far as I know Daniel Negreanu is the only player that has been transparent in this manner.

Naturally it is quite easy to follow a series such as the WSOP and compute buy-ins against cashes, but outside of this things become hazy because the average player does not want to release such information. Further, most would not like to reveal their backers or friends who have 'pieces'.

It seems like it would be quite easy to follow (the real earnings) until you realize no one is keeping account (that I am aware of) of buy-ins when the player did not cash. Negreanu admitted to as many as 38 (?) re-entries in one tourney some years ago. Fedor Holz looked decidedly our of sorts when in a Macau high roller a few years back with a buy-in of over $250,000 he fired 7 bullets with out cashing. That contributed over $1.8 million to the prize pool. That was insane.

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Are there any poker players out there that you guys can name that made millions from either cash games or just in the money or final table appearances from tournaments without 1st place? I'm curious cause the one thing that I learned from poker is that there is so many ways to win in this game and make money without 1st place in tournaments. I do however hope to make bank and win 1st place in these tournaments one day cause it's a goal and dream but at times it's hard lol.

Poker is definitely a hard way to make money but I'm positive I can make a profit in this game. Sometimes I'm decent in tournaments and other times I'm pretty good with cash games. I also make okay profit from heads up poker.
In the old days, yeah, I'm old, we went to tourneys to get into the cash games on the side. The idea was to take advantage of the fatigued players who had been playing in the tournament all day. Times have changed, but not by much.