anxiety, disrupts your poker game.

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
anxiety bothers me a lot in poker, I hate it when a player waits for the time to run out and gives up, it sometimes makes me bet everything to finish the game soon.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont understand what you mean . could you explain ?

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some people think that human life is a never ending process..

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't mind when a player waits for the time to run out and gives up.
What really pisses me off is when a player waits for the time almost run off and make an all in move.
However, I'm not an anxious person.

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to better specify your question, because with the comment you make about the player who runs out of his time bank and bothers you, I think it can be understood that it is due to lack of "patience"

Talking about anxiety and anxieties in the game, you generate it more if you go to the tables, you are an anxious person, personally if I have had those emotions of an anxious player and nervousness at the game table, for example: I anticipate thinking about the results Before playing a hand and it is because I play a hand very hastily with fear of losing so that my opponent does not complete a better hand than mine, that happens because we think a lot in a negative way and that is generated by anxiety.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
anxiety bothers me a lot in poker, I hate it when a player waits for the time to run out and gives up, it sometimes makes me bet everything to finish the game soon.

Hi.
I don't feel anxious when I play poker. The game brings me joy, because I am patient and follow the bankroll management. Obviously, your anxiety is caused by non-compliance with bankroll management.
Good luck.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Obviously, anxiety makes you make mistakes. Through daily meditation, I do not feel anxious, I play calmly and focused.

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If you fell anxiety I would consider moving to a warmer place. Personally I feel much more calm on summer. For example, today, up to +30 C air temperature, +20 C sea water, a lot of vitamins B and D, richest ever harvest this year.

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think our emotions are the basis for a stable and disciplined game. If you feel anxious then it will probably be difficult for you to remain patient.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I understand you and that's one of the reasons why I usually play multiples tables at the same time.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

It's ok to be annoyed by the way another player plays.

But if it "makes" you "bet everything to finish the game soon" then you don't have control of your own emotions.

And that is the first skill to study - in poker - always leave you emotions at the door.

It's up to you.

Nothing you can do about how long a player takes to act - nor what they do in their action.

All you can do is control your emotions.

Good luck !

filippfilm

filippfilm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

It's very annoying . In general, all distractions interfere . Poker and especially tournaments require full concentration at the tables , if you want to win the tournament, any little things at the table are important..Every little thing can become fatal or give you a chip stack. Therefore, it is best to play with concentration and with full dedication :jd4::):jd4:

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
After a while of playing, and tons of hands, such anxiety mostly went away for me. Now its just almost mechanical actions and reactions.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me, poker is a hobby, and I don't feel anxious while playing. I feel pleasant excitement, euphoria, I feel only positive emotions, and that is why the game always brings me pleasure.

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I see what you mean but timing can also be a strategy. So maybe you should work on emotions control. It could improve your confort when playing… and your game. See you at the tables !

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to control yourself. This is one of the ways to get out of balance.

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you have interchanged anxiety with impatience perhaps?
Tip: Find something to do on the side, like watch YouTube? play Sudoku?

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am also annoyed by waiting for a response from the player. In most cases, there is no need to delay the response at all. It seems as if the player uses poker software and spends time on it.

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a mental game. And sometimes we're not emotionally well on certain days to play.

So it's easy to tilt even with the rain that falls.:)

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey! I think anxiety in poker is utopia, if you want to win - be cool and collected.

A

arsenalcho_1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi

and I'm like that, especially at the micro limits where you want to put 2bb and wonder all the time

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It means you can be easily tilted, which is bad.

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, if you are very worried and because of this you can immediately put all the chips, then you are very bad with discipline and patience, you should think about playing with money, since you can lose the whole bankroll due to a mistake that will be caused only by a lack of patience! I believe that every player in the right to do everything he wants with his allocated time, maybe a person thinks about different options for the draw or considers the bank's chances, maybe he just pulls the time to get into the prizes and this is his right and the right of everyone who sits at the table! I wish you only patience and steel nerves, which you would never do because of this mistakes in the game, and I also wish you good luck at the tables and great victories!

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
It is a plan made by the opponent in case he makes you doubt that his hand is stronger than yours, or to fall into the trap of anger, and also to lure you until he sees the Turn and River

Top 10 Games