Announcing Cards

Padlington

Padlington

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just been playing on a table admitted its a freeroll my question is that a player was pre announcing his cards in the chat box as far as I know this is not poker etiquette what is the general opinion of this action

mammadduke

mammadduke

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in freerolls.. its either a bluff or they say they wanna give their chips away cause they cant finish tourney.. but in my opinion, if you don't wanna play nomore then jus sit out.. half the time you lose to bs cards anyway in freerolls.

S

Sourtubbie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to warn them and then report them to the site. The one player to a hand rule is usually what I point to in the message.
Its not always just a bored player or a angler,sometimes their skype went down or they are helping a friend in later position that is not answering back in chat.

It breaks down to about 50/50 from my experience in them knowing better or not.
Some have no clue they are breaking a rule. Like when the flop comes and they folded and state they would have had trips!

A

Allmine79

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep freerolls are like bingo..Anything goes most of the time since you can play it 100% correct and still take a horrible beat to some all in madness.

SaintNick1968

SaintNick1968

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had this thing happen a few times when I used to play play money. When people got bored they would announce their hands and go all in just to quit. I think that this is a huge breach of the rules as it obviously effects people's actions, but as people are saying, I would just let it slip in a freeroll against guys who have no idea what they are doing. You don't want to become that guy who reports someone in a freeroll and makes some happy recreational player get his account blocked. 😉

C

coachlary69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've seen this a couple of times, and usually it's a player looking for someone to call so he/she can leave the tournament. I generally just ignore them in case it's a trick, which I've also seen a couple of times. These players are generally losing players on sharkscope.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
That's not good , luckily it happens rarely in freerolls by some idiots ,no cheaters or sth else . If nb pays attention to them very soon they lose going all-in so the game continues uninterupted .

Padlington

Padlington

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did not think that it was allowed in any form of game announcing cards in theory you are playing with only 50 blind cards

CadoARAJ

CadoARAJ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never do this because you show to the remaining players of the hands two cards that can be considered in his/her outs remaining.

T

Two6JJ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You will run into this in the freeroll world from time to time. Not much you can do besides ask them to stop or report them.

Sakolik029

Sakolik029

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's not right but it's found on the Internet

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It is against the rules and TOS on every site.

DonPatron560

DonPatron560

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Late registration is necessary to remove, playing too many people

Padlington

Padlington

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is against the rules and TOS on every site.
this is what I believe
I thought mods who watch the games may of commented during play and warned the player then I suppose it not much of an issue in freeroll

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
Announcing Cards is a No! No! for me is a very bad practice that should be deserved of a disqualification. It is Not Funny, neither should be allowed! :deal: