Angle Shooting in ring Games: 2 annoying Online methods

calibanboy

calibanboy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1) Using the disconect tactically:
Some sites like party offer disconnect protect. this means that if you have invested money in the pot and disconnect and do not return then you hand stands until showdown for the amount of money you have invested already.

I have lost count the amount of times that I have built a pot and then gone all-in knowing on the turn knowing that I am good, and the person I am playing dos not want to rish his entire stack as he only has a drawing hand with 1 card to go. So what does he do? "accidently" discconnect himself. Infuriating. its pure cheating.

I lost count the amount of time I have lost either a) Value or B) to a suckout from a someone who knows that they do not have odds to call.

This is unique to online and not something that can be done in B&M. If someone does it to me I now report to the Site ASAP. Furthermore I now look for games without disconnect protect.

2) Going South:
Applys to ring games: This is when a low stack doubles up. They then leave the table. 20 Seconds later they rejoin with minumim stack again. They do not want to risk anythig above minimum stack. Some sites have a rule that you cannot rejoin a table unless you go back with the same amount that you left with. Some do not. Blooming annoying. People would not do this in person as they know they would get lynched.

your views on either?

pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds like some good tactics to try. Thanks. :icon_porc

pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Remind me not to play with you. You have too good a read!

calibanboy

calibanboy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd turn you into bacon.........

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Stars has rules against both of these, so they have never been a problem for me.

pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i assume no-one cares??

People care about their own pet peeves. Look here for others.
Pet Peeve while playing Poker !!!
We care, we just can't do anything about them. I don't think any site I play on allows leaving a table and coming back with less. Absolute has a time limit before they "forget" that you left on the order of fifteen minutes.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't believe #1 is a problem on Full Tilt - a disconnected player will be left in the hand, but will be automatically folded if anyone raises them.

USFDoh

USFDoh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't believe #1 is a problem on Full Tilt - a disconnected player will be left in the hand, but will be automatically folded if anyone raises them.

Yes, they have a 90 second disconnect time balance per day. When that is used up their hand is check/folded.

Top 10 Games