Ambien and poker?

Tiloke

Tiloke

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last night when I went to sleep I had 49.00 in my bodog account.

This morning when I got up I saw my PC was on and Bodog was opened. Somehow, while I slept, over 500 bodog points and 1,200 dollars was added to my account.

I started taking Ambien by prescription 3 days ago and have read about all sorts of sleepwalking side effects, even sleep-driving.

Was I playing in my sleep? I have requested a hand history and an account audit for the last 2 days sent to me. The fact that my pc was on and bodog was opened when I awoke makes me think it was me. ( I live alone.)

This is really freaking me out. I told my sister and she wants me to set up a camera in case it happens again. I'm thinking I'm just not gonna take it anymore.

eagle jim

eagle jim

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even better, if you can turn 49 into 1200 overnight with Ambien....I say take it and rock on!!!! (Also could you ship me some!!!! lol)

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HUH? You made $1200 in one night and you want to STOP taking it? If it will help me make $1200 in a night, send me what pills you have left. :D :cool:

G

GrisGrisAA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Talk to your doc dude. Thats CRAZY. I'd take that as a blessing and throw out the rest...who knows what else you'll do in your sleep.

Well played though :)

Tiloke

Tiloke

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Talk to your doc dude. Thats CRAZY. I'd take that as a blessing and throw out the rest...who knows what else you'll do in your sleep.

Well played though :)

That's what I thought.

Being an American, I own guns. Although they are all safely locked and stored, I know all the combinations. I am really afraid of what else might happen, especially after reading about what others have done while taking it.

Also, I wasn't very clear. When I went to sleep My pc was off and I don't remember anything from the poker session, in fact, as far as I know, I slept the whole night, very well too.

My ciggarettes are still by the door and I still have the same amount. I chain smoke when playing poker, but apparently didn't last night.

-------------------------EDIT-----------------------

Just got off the phone with docs office. He thinks I should stop taking it and I agree with him.

icecold24k

icecold24k

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow this is very crazy. Like said before though hopefully you didn't do anything else in your sleep like kill someone lol. Anyhow a very interesting thread and please keep us updated and let us know when Bodog gets back to you.

T

trouble92

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I've taken ambien and that never happened to me. I need to get it at your drug store. Are you sure they gave you ambien? LOL

A

AUPhoenix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sleep Playing

My brother was and still is a sleep walker. Mother found him out in the yard on several occasions when we were younger. He was definitely sound asleep, just walking around. I guess anything is possible. There is an old saying about don't knock it until you try it. If you keep playing and winning, enjoy!!!!!!!:)

T

trouble92

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I see you have a cat in your picture. Maybe your cat played. If so open him/her an account. I will back him lol

PokerVic

PokerVic

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If nothing else, you could probably learn a lot from those hand history files. Sounds like you were playing some amazing poker.

RedskinRunner325

RedskinRunner325

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
dude with returns like that, I'll buy you the Ambien and you can get me 50% of the take hahahahahahahaha. Na but if that stuff is really making you sleep poker, you should probably get that checked out. Also, check the credit card statements? if you can sleep play, you can sleep deposit, so I would definitly get that checked up on hahaha.

diamond_06_06

diamond_06_06

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wish I could sleep poker?!*

V

Vizio

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it works that good I am going to ship you my account info and I will like a update after a week. What ever it takes to build a bank roll.

TheNoob

TheNoob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's no way you turned $49 into $1200 playing poker while "sleeping".

If the story is true, you'll find out it was some kind of mistake.

P

Peterr211

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Guns and sleep walking = bad stuff!

But $1200 a night makes it really tempting!!!

Tygran

Tygran

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I *really* want to see those hand histories....

Nickmond

Nickmond

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is some crazy stuff, I took those pills for a while and the only time anything weird happened I woke up on my front lawn...I'd say your experience was better

Tiloke

Tiloke

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dude with returns like that, I'll buy you the Ambien and you can get me 50% of the take hahahahahahahaha. Na but if that stuff is really making you sleep poker, you should probably get that checked out. Also, check the credit card statements? if you can sleep play, you can sleep deposit, so I would definitly get that checked up on hahaha.

You are the MAN!!!!!

According to my CC statement, I deposited $500 last night at 2:41am.
I have requested a cash-out for that 500 as I need it to pay bills. So, my apparent amazing streak is only really a doubling of my money.

Thank you for thinking of that.

That is some crazy stuff, I took those pills for a while and the only time anything weird happened I woke up on my front lawn...I'd say your experience was better

You mean that's the only weird thing that happened to you that you can remember. If you would have woken up in your bed, you never would have known you went outside.

Last edited:
G

glworden

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Still hard to believe that you could do that well and not even know it. Something fishy there.

I once went to bed with $900 in my BODOG account and woke up with zero. I'd been hacked. Bummer.

I used to do ambien. I will certainly attest that it can lead to some strange behavior. My wife said I'd take it and she'd know immediately by the look in my eye that it was going to be a crazy night. I did something called the Bug Dance, and I don't even know what that is. But then for sure it's a deep sleep and it is hard to remember the night before.
GtW

J

janvincent

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It sounds like amnesia can be one of the side effects:
(From the Abien CR website: http://www.ambiencr.com/using-ambien/ambien-cr-side-effects.aspx )

Memory problems
Sleep medicines may cause a special type of memory loss or "amnesia." When this occurs, a person may not remember what has happened for several hours after taking the medicine. This is usually not a problem since most people fall asleep after taking the medicine.
Memory loss can be a problem, however, when sleep medicines are taken while traveling, such as during an airplane flight and the person wakes up before the effect of the medicine is gone. This has been called "traveler's amnesia." Be sure to talk to your doctor if you think you are having memory problems.
Although memory problems are not very common while taking AMBIEN CR, in most instances, they can be avoided if you take AMBIEN CR only when you are able to get a full night's sleep (7 to 8 hours) before you need to be active again.

The good part is the double up was due to your play, now if only you could remember your strategy...

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Last night when I went to sleep I had 49.00 in my Bodog account.

This morning when I got up I saw my PC was on and Bodog was opened. Somehow, while I slept, over 500 bodog points and 1,200 dollars was added to my account.

Okay, I can see Steve Martin taking $500 and turning it into 3x ($1500), and it happened in 1 hour. But playing at the stakes you would've had to be?? No way. And I can see a blackout for an hour. But not for 4 hours or so that it would take even under the best circumstances hand-wise to get up that far.

I'm with 'thenoob' on this one.

PokerVic

PokerVic

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay, I can see Steve Martin taking $500 and turning it into 3x ($1500), and it happened in 1 hour. But playing at the stakes you would've had to be?? No way. And I can see a blackout for an hour. But not for 4 hours or so that it would take even under the best circumstances hand-wise to get up that far.

I'm with 'thenoob' on this one.

As mentioned earlier, Tiloke actually deposited $500, so it's completely do-able. It's also very dangerous, as he could have woken up with a maxed out credit card and an empty poker account.

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As mentioned earlier, Tiloke actually deposited $500, so it's completely do-able. It's also very dangerous, as he could have woken up with a maxed out credit card and an empty poker account.
I'm seeing $49 to start with and 500 points after all was said and done. :confused:

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe Bodog gave you 100% bonus for depositing, making your $500 into $1,000 :questionm