Chips
I started playing at the age of 30 and I don't think it's too late

Mamkin_Pokerist

Mamkin_Pokerist

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think age is not important in poker. On the contrary, I think that too young players do not have common sense and lose more money than they win. The older we get, the smarter we are

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
you are never too old to start playing poker i wish you a lot of fun and good luck on your trip to the world of poker

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I started Playing much older than you, and cashed almost U$ 2.000 playing it as a hobby after some years.
I think poker is excellent brain training, which is very good for younger people as well as people who are in their fifties or older.

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I am convinced that your age does not matter. On the contrary, I am probably more inclined to think that with age people only become more patient, disciplined and pragmatic. Although there are exceptions.

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
im afraid to burst your bubble but yes you are too old haha

just kidding go go go

good luck

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
You are very young, you have too much future in front of you! Go for it, go on!

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just a pup! got your wholelife of poker ahead of you. Im like a gazzillion yrs old, and I got time to learn more I hope I hope LOL

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It don't matter how old 1 is, learning is part of an everyday thing and poker isn't no different. Just keep grinding and you'll be up there with the big dogs b4 long. Age is only a number to me. Good luck and remember to have fun crushing it. :D

Uncloggie

Uncloggie

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I say you are too young to play, come back in 20 years or so.... lol

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started in the world of poker about 3 months ago and based on freerolls, raffles and tickets, I was able to build a bankroll of $ 60. Now, I plan to continue like this until I have a budget of $ 500 or more and start this adventure. But I'm worried about age and if it's too late. I don't know what it will be like in poker but I do know that in other disciplines such as basketball or football you have to start very young to go far. I am currently 25 years old. What do you think?:confused::)

First of all, poker has not much business with a physical fitness. They still don't know what time really is. ("Love" the droids with questions "what time is it? , Isnt it too late?" etc. straight away goes to the walking zombie category...)

Generally, you can worry about everything anyway, thats what they want, or p*ss off everything and do whatever you want..... Who says "no, too late" just want to block, pull you back to the miserable sh*t.......

Poker has no age limits......

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very cute thread.
First of all a high five for you as I'm also 25. As its a mind game, and as long as your mind is clean, you can play this game at even the highest level no matter what age do you have. You 'll see the prove on this forum as many people here are meant to be old, but they have young thinking in life and in poker too, and they are having successes. So definitely not late, even years and years of trying and practicing you can change yourself. So good luck.

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
You can be too young to play poker, but too old?? No, never.

badbanking79

badbanking79

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DK
Chips
Never to young... well above 18 is mandatory

But some things are good as well, as tournaments can be long being in good physical shape does not hurt. And being used to concentrating for long time is important. ADHD is probably not a good quality in poker.

Then other thing I find important is to have a good chair and nice atomsphere around me that is calm as it keeps me calm and focused and less likely to make a stupid call or raise as I think thing through first.

But thats just me:)

W

WJMKAM

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never too old. Just have a job that pays enough to keep you funded. Even some pros have commented that they have lost $50K in one night. Some pros have commented they had multiple losing months between million dollar wins.

Personally, I retired and then went back to work in a different industry. In the last 10-12 months of playing poker, I have been up in each of them. But, I only play for fun. Sometimes I call to the river, just to go for the inside straight just for the fun of it.

I can win a tournament and then go off the rails for the next few. Smaller local poker rooms have easier competition in tournaments. They are there to socialize and play. Folding and waiting for good hands are not necessarily in the locals blood. Also, if you play the same people over and over, you can learn their tendencies. Field size and payouts are however much smaller.

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good age to start. If you enjoy the game of poker and you have motivation, your success in this business will be real. Do not give up when the game at the beginning of the path will be without a positive result.

AlexStar1981

AlexStar1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I give poker no age difference. It all depends on the mindset, character, abilities. And of course desires will be trained.

J

jay_nemi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’m a beginner in my late thirties, I think you’re fine to start at any age really. Good luck with your bankroll goals!

wrzlbrnft

wrzlbrnft

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I started in the world of poker about 3 months ago and based on freerolls, raffles and tickets, I was able to build a bankroll of $ 60. Now, I plan to continue like this until I have a budget of $ 500 or more and start this adventure. But I'm worried about age and if it's too late. I don't know what it will be like in poker but I do know that in other disciplines such as basketball or football you have to start very young to go far. I am currently 25 years old. What do you think?:confused::)

I started playing poker one year ago at the age of 59. Also with freerolls and cash microstacks and could increase my bankroll. OK, I do not plan to live from a Poker income, for me its only pleasure.
I would like to have your "age problems"

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

I didn't start playing on-line Poker until I was in my forties, I have built several bankrolls playing free-rolls and my biggest to date is with pokerstars which stands at over $580 Dollars now.
Poker is what you want it to be, It can be a source of extra income, or an enjoyable past time, for me it is the latter, as I don't need an extra income from playing Poker, I just enjoy playing the game, and winning or losing, I really do not care what happens as long as I am enjoying the game.
I am now 66 years old and have been retired for the last 8 years, I can I suppose call my self a Professional Poker player because I don't do any other form of work to support myself, but in all honesty, I just really consider myself to be a fun player, who wants to enjoy his retirement doing what I want to, as long as I don't hurt others.
Playing Poker has no age restrictions, just look at Doyle Brunson, in his eighties and still mixes it up with the best, you don't need to be super fit to play Poker, just a sound mind.
Play sensibly, stick to the 1% bankroll rule, and play games you feel comfortable with, don't try and go up in stakes until you feel you are ready, and enjoy the ride, it isn't only about the money, because you will encounter down swings and some times be on a losing streak, it happen's That's Poker!
On-line will always be for fun, as I never wanted it to be anything else, Live games however I do consider more seriously and because I am not worried about Computer crashes, or internet failures, Glitches and Power cuts, I do play for bigger stakes, but it is like a Professional Racing driver will consider his safety when competing on the race track, and take calculated risk's but playing a race game on a computer will inevitably crash and burn every day because it is fun to play.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is available at any age. The main thing is health and a lot of free time. The rest will be added with experience.

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In fact, age is still important if you are going to play a lot and multitable. Concentration drops faster with age, I have tested it myself.

NiallPlays

NiallPlays

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
At your age you have a lot of time to get experience and no matter the age people are learning more and more each day

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are even some segments where age is relevant, like athletics (not that you still don't want to try) I don't believe that poker is one of them (being able to play online makes this part a lot easier too)

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No, 25 is too late for poker. buy a stroller and eat mashed potatoes.