Am I still on time?

O

Ozymandias912

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I started in the world of poker about 3 months ago and based on freerolls, raffles and tickets, I was able to build a bankroll of $ 60. Now, I plan to continue like this until I have a budget of $ 500 or more and start this adventure. But I'm worried about age and if it's too late. I don't know what it will be like in poker but I do know that in other disciplines such as basketball or football you have to start very young to go far. I am currently 25 years old. What do you think?:confused::)

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The good thing about poker : it is a "sport" for all ages.
And your 25 years are still very young :)
There are for instance finalists in wsop championships who are more than 70 years old.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think it is never too late to start playing poker. And I do not think it is objective to compare poker to sports like basketball, football, or tennis. In poker, the main thing is your desire to learn, develop and progress, and therefore, it is obvious that everything depends only on you.

EmiTou

EmiTou

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is never too late for any discipline and much less for a mental ... success

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh wow!!! 25 years old!! Your just a baby poker player :). You have so very many years ahead to learn and play. I started when I was around 45 and while I might not ever become a pro, I have learned lots but so much more to learn. Look at how well your doing so far......Good on you and good luck!!

Einer777

Einer777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no matter your age, the important thing is how much you like it and the dedication you are going to put into it and study to improve

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
on account of the age in poker, I think it's not important, I know many poker players who began their careers at a more Mature age, about online poker, I think he'll live another 5 years, maybe 10 years, I think it will have to make some changes, at the expense of live poker, in our century it will last 25 years you are still young you have your whole life ahead of you, all will put a goal and achieve it.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Poker is for every one, no matter who you are, young, old, black, white, yellow, short, tall, religious, atheist etc. This is the main beauty of the poker.
And you're still very young, with a long life ahead to master this game. Don't worry.

Threshold2122

Threshold2122

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some great poker players didn't get into the game until much later in life so I would say at 25 you still have plenty left in the tank to make a go of it

Me I only started playing about 6 months ago and I'm 40 so I would say you're never to old to start

Good luck out there

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Am I still on Time?

Hello. Age does not matter. It's great to hear how well you are doing. Keep it up!
Dan'O

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
As for sports such as football, basketball, tennis and so on, a career really starts at 16-18 years old and ends at 30-40. These sports require physical fitness and stamina, which a person loses with age. This does not refer to poker, because poker does not require special physical training, you can start playing poker at any age and play it at least all your life. If you discovered poker at the age of 25, you like the game, you enjoy it, so what's stopping you from playing it? Do not listen to anyone and do not live by stereotypes, do what you like and do not pay attention to age.

carlosnuno

carlosnuno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I think that the new generations can adapt better to changes and even in poker, a game where in recent years -especially online- has become a lot outlined, we can change these "normal" sequences and take players out out of your "comfort zone". I say this because I believe that poker is currently undergoing a lot of changes and I think that the youngest players are the ones who are more capable of "surviving" (Darwin already said it hehehe) On the contrary, and this from my own experience - that I do not even reach twenty - I think that it is much more difficult for us to understand certain aspects or skills necessary for this. I think that depending on what levels and if it is played professionally, a certain mental maturity is needed that the most dwarves may be told more about acquiring. In the case of mental sports, both chess and poker I think are very absorbing games where the study of the game, whether inside and outside the tables, means that in my opinion certain agovios and others occur on many occasions. On top of that if we have to take this more university and other topics I think it could be our Achilles heel. On the contrary, the more experienced players and with a mental maturity much higher than ours could have capacities (patience, concentration capacity, analysis of situations, etc.) that help a lot in the game.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well Doyle Brunson is 87 years old and still plays high stakes so as far as your brain is ok the age is not limit. :)

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play poker at any age. This game will not let your brain grow old. :)

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
never too late, luck knows no time. earn an income and instead of wasting the money on stuff you don't need play poker with it and you might get lucky. playing freerolls and for free or low stakes is a good way to learn. try to learn going up against different styles of play and how to deal with them.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The good thing of poker is that is never too late to start, you can play until you're very old. One of the greatest poker player, Doyle Brunson, only retired from poker tournaments when he was 85 years old, but he probably still play cash games.

Sariane

Sariane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
who determines the top is you, you allowed yourself and everything worked out. congratulations, keep on

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
There are cases when people in their 25s feel like they are in their 70s. So it all depends on how you feel. :)
But if you think that at the age of 25 you are too old to play poker, then I assure you you are wrong.
Good luck.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
"You don't have to be old to be wise"- Judas Priest

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi Friend.

I am 29 years old and the truth is that I am inspired, I know that at first it will be difficult to build a bankroll, but I feel that I am already on my way and I will level up in no time.

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker doesn't have an age so no you arent to late

maybe a little bit of catching up to do yes? but that will come soon so no sweat! just take your time playing freerolls and slowly go your way up when you feel like you are ready to do so!

some poker pros became pro at a later stage cause they took time to work on their game others just were their a little earlier, so if they can do it so can you all it takes is patience and dedication!

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Its never to late to start playing poker but this game is not easy and is ever evolving, It will take work to become good at this game but age is never an issue.

Natta777

Natta777

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
It's a joke? You yourself understand that you are young enough. And if you decide to take up poker professionally, then a coach will not hurt in this matter. I know many successful players with whom the coach worked before they achieved results in poker.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dear friend Ozymandias 912, as a beginner you have already started very well by building a reinforced bankrool. Happy birthday!
As for age, it doesn't matter, the most important thing is to have good logical reasoning to build good plays and win hands.

C

Carlloss

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is certainly never too late to get started in poker. Of course, very few will be really good enough to become very profitable, but age is not a negative or positive factor, it depends a lot on your dedication. Poker requires a huge effort to learn and be disciplined, accept change and learn to adapt. It's an endurance game too, because many players who are very rich today, winning lots and lots of expensive tournaments, have gone through many phases of defeat and discouragement, but if you really want to become a great player, be aware that you are a arduous path full of stones. Good luck on your journey and welcome to the most democratic sport in the world. There's a place at some table for everyone.