Am I playing robotic hold'em

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So you're asking if there is some pre-determined set number of hands that is repeated.

Right you are!

pokerstars talks about their randomization techniques HERE.
1) They use a true hardware random number generator developed by Intel which uses thermal noise as an entropy source.
2) They use "user input, including summary of mouse movements and events timing, collected from client software."

I love that last part. You know what that means, right? Each player, in some small way, controls their own destiny. When/where you move the mouse determines what cards will show up. Now, there's no way of knowing which of the millions of pixel your opponents mouse-arrow will pass though, so you can't predict an outcome, but you're still adding data which will be used toward the outcome.

I admit, when I'm all-in sometimes I'll wave the mouse around randomly, figuring that if I get sucked out on, at least the loss might be partially my own fault. :)

A

Adventurebound2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Used to play at a site that had 3 to 5 bots with bounties on them. The site made sure there was no question which player was their bot and also had different rewards for the player that knocked them out posted in the tourney info. (bounties were bonus points)

They always got knocked out....

To those bots posting here, rotflmao fyi ty gtg cya

rob5775

rob5775

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The cards are random, buddy. They have fancy al-ge-bro and trick-a-no-metry that takes care of that.

But if you are worried about bots... well, I'm a drunk one, so they're out there.

G

gembob13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm still learning also, but have found that play money games are about worthless, no one plays like they would in a real money game. freerolls seem to be all right for learning. Just my thoughts