nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Hello poker family!
I have a rather interesting topic to discuss.
We all know how poker prizes are distributed today. Most often, this is 20% of the total number of players, and the first place is taken by the player who won all the chips in the tournament.
If you take any tournament, let it be the Sunday Million - and slightly change the generally accepted rules.
Now only 1 player will take the entire pot, which is about $1,000,000. Everyone else gets nothing. Do you think you would play by these rules?

These are just my thoughts, nothing more) But I think that I hardly took part in such a tournament.

testing826

testing826

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i would not take a shot at that new rule,nope

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
nope i deffo would not, chances of coming Top N are much greater than my chance of winning

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I definitely wouldn't want to play in tournaments like you described. But for example I like to play in tournaments, "Double or nothing". I like such tournaments.

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very large dispersion. Not interested

Delenia

Delenia

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
No, I would not be willing to put the time in for such a tournament.

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
that would be so ridicolous format of tourney.

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Definitely not, cause in a mtt you could play a perfect game but still lose.
The game would became a lottery.
That's why I'm not use to play some sats that give 1 entry per 10 buy ins or even more.

gena31

gena31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Definitely not. Take a tournament for 1,000,000 you will have 1 chance to win from the number of players + the time spent.

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello poker family!
We all know how poker prizes are distributed today. Most often, this is 20% of the total number of players, and the first place is taken by the player who won all the chips in the tournament.
If you take any tournament, let it be the Sunday Million - and slightly change the generally accepted rules.
Now only 1 player will take the entire pot, which is about $1,000,000. Everyone else gets nothing. Do you think you would play by these rules?

These are just my thoughts, nothing more) But I think that I hardly took part in such a tournament.
ahaha, well, such a format is unlikely to interest anyone, the amount is certainly good, but there is practically no chance to get it, if you calculate mathematically, then there are probably hundredths of a percent + the value of the final table is absolutely leveled

N

NotADonk

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello poker family!

No, I would not play as the odds against winning anything are too great.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I would not like to play in such tournaments. In my opinion, such a game is a waste of time and money, respectively.

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
No, of course I don't agree with something like that or similar.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
I wouldn't play, by the way, pokerstars has a $100 freeroll from uapoker, where the one who takes 1st place also takes all the money, and only 18 players are playing there so far.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldn't play because Sunday Million is a tournament with thousands of players and I would be so frustrated if I finished in 2nd spending hours playing to win nothing. If it was a small tournament like with 15-20 players max, I would play.

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would not want to play in a tourney like this, the risk level is too high. You put in all the hours to make it into the top 5 and get paid nothing, no way!!!

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello poker family!

In a tournament of this magnitude, I think the prize should be more diluted.
I'd rather earn little, earn more, than waste hours in front of a computer and earn nothing.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, if I'm sure I would participate in a tournament with these rules, but only if it was a tournament with free entry so that I could play anyway without financial loss. Nothing is impossible for those who believe!

E

ElietonPKR

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Muito ruim jogar dessa forma, returns to variância muito maior

x patrice x

x patrice x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I think some of those who now say they won't be taking part are getting carried away. Just before registration closes, they jump at the chance due to the low number of participants.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i would try it , but wouldnt play it often . because the chance to win is slim

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello poker family!

I've played several winner take all events, they were fun.

I've also played a top 2 chop 50/50 and nobody else get paid MTT (which I won!). :)

Jdawglet

Jdawglet

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I would play that because it appears that very few others would. I like my chances….