All ins

allinsok

allinsok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You know, I like all ins if the cards are right for me but I really have to question how people can call all ins with a 37os. I was playing yesterday and I called an all in with an AK suited and this guy called also with a 37 off suit. Before the flop I had best hand but after the cards were dealt, you guessed it, the guy with the 37 won with trips. It makes me wonder if there is a program available that tells you when to call with these BS cards. This is not the first time (or the last I am sure) that I have seen this. I know many will say it is just the draw of the cards but I see this all the time! And they win like 90% of the time. These aren't little pots either. I am interested to see the responses to this thread. Let me know what you think.

mbutler007

mbutler007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems like 90% of the time because its memorable and makes you angry. In reality, 37 os wins about 32% of the time against AK suited. Thats poker. 72os beats AA 12% of the time. Just dont let it get to you, keep playing. You want people to call with 37os, it will make you money over time. Good luck!

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems like 90% of the time because its memorable and makes you angry. In reality, 37 os wins about 32% of the time against AK suited. Thats poker. 72os beats AA 12% of the time. Just dont let it get to you, keep playing. You want people to call with 37os, it will make you money over time. Good luck!
Yeah, this pretty much sums it up.

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You know, I like all ins if the cards are right for me but I really have to question how people can call all ins with a 37os.

Playing bad cards is common in free rolls...I hope that's where you see this kind of thing.

PokerPete

PokerPete

RIP Logic And Sanity
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing bad cards is common in free rolls...I hope that's where you see this kind of thing.

Yep....watched it happen...

BTW Allinsok, ya play a nice game...don't let the donks change that.

reality, 37 os wins about 32%.
This means that the low os win 1 for every 2 they lose...long run you win

Having said that.... and I know the "TAG"s on here are gonna beat on me for this, but
I do OCCASIONALLY "donk call".

BUT the situation has to be "just right".

I'm big to mid stack and BB. UTG goes all in with 3BB bet, 7 calls

so I'll buy the "25BB lotto tickect" (3BB x 8 players plus my BB) for an extra 2BB....if I do that 4 times, I'd expect to win 24BB (evryone elses calls minus the BB that I had in there) and lose an extra 4~6BB (the two+ calls where I lose my extra calls)

But then again I "donked out" at 14 last night....

ummmm...I was cooking dinner and got distracted....yeah, that's it...
well at least that's my story.... and I'm stickin' to it! :D

B

brewcrewearl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont know about you, but sometimes even when you know you have a better hand then the guy that guys all-in, you get that weird gut feeling tha says "fold your about to get screwed' I usually go with that cause 90% of the time its right and the other guy sucks out.