All In Rituals

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All In on televised games the player risking elimination normally stands up. Do you do the same playing on line or might you have another ritual. I found myself standing yesterday and that is what made me think of it. And it worked, I won the hand and placed in the money.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
No. I don't do anything special when I'm all-in. Just sometimes don't look at the board. But it's more accidental, as I have other tables to pay attention to, rather than intentional.

rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Generally I look at the percentages of each player when the cards are dealt I don't look at the cards as they come out.

I do this too especially in multi-way all in situations. The numbers never lie

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think generally, but not always, the standing routine is at the featured TV table. Obviously, the producer instructs the dealer to delay the hand to create tension for the broadcast. Players can pace, turn to the rail etc.

However, it becomes less common when they show outer tables near the bubble when most just sit there and await the cards.

All that said, if you truly subscribe to the 'standing' all-in theory, do not forget there is another flourish or two - that of putting on a jacket and backpack as if you are truly exiting stage left. Some sort of reverse psychology on Lady Luck...perhaps a little unconvincing when you are at home already.

Last edited:
manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some do because of a superstition, if they pretend they are leaving or giving up, there card will come. I do not, I was standing only because it was a make or break moment so any outcome would elicit a response not conducive to being seated. Like yelling yesssss and pumping your arm hahahaha, which I did. I needed the room.

elJenio8

elJenio8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Uhmm rituals i rarely do that.. But i do sometimes when im running deep in an event i really want..

If its a low price tournament i just do nothing, just see the board

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Generally I look at the percentages of each player when the cards are dealt I don't look at the cards as they come out.

I do the same.. Thought I was alone in that... Haha

boo_maju

boo_maju

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that the "ritual" should be mental only. As it is a game of probabilities, I believe that it must be borne in mind that it is not luck but some mathematical points that define victories. Remembering that in a big tournament you will have many "mental rituals" to win if you want to be number 1.
Boo's embrace.

T

TIMURIK007

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey. Yes, my dear friend, when I worry, I also get up from the table or just close my eyes.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not have any ritual especially for online. One time during live game i stood up and prepared to go out because i went all in with A8 and got call from AA. Flop did not change anything so i stood up to go as my chances were very slim. Well two 8s came as turn and river and i stayed in the game. :)

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I have no rituals. I am just trying to be patient, play right and enjoy the game. I only play online, and the online game is fundamentally different from a live game.
Good luck.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That drama helps the TV show, but I doubt it does any good to you, at home :icon_joke

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Haven't developed any rituals yet, but I'm still young so there's plenty of time for that to happen :)

Akinled

Akinled

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is good to have an all-in ritual to avoid the variance and coolers of the MTT. Just something you do before you go all-in. I was finding the MTT variance annoying until I started having an 'All-in ritual'. Now the 'All-in'ritual' reduced my variance

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t get up and I don’t close my eyes ... My adrenaline rises and so I light a cigarette, if it can be called a ritual, then this is it, but in general I love poker for adrenaline racing. Sincerely, Sergey.

m0t22

m0t22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I continue to sit independently of the revealed cards and also maintain my posture.

Trust is everything!

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't believe it works there I don't do anything lol

V

Vlad Nesterenko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All In on televised games the player risking elimination normally stands up. Do you do the same playing on line or might you have another ritual. I found myself standing yesterday and that is what made me think of it. And it worked, I won the hand and placed in the money.

how without it, it helps us to win, I usually close the table after ollin))

N

Naruba

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

My ritual when I go everything is simple, I go anywhere and return 1 minute later, especially when I am near the final table.:D

ulgromkii

ulgromkii

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, of course, there are several rituals, if I'm sober, then I simply cross my fingers, but if in some kind of madness I also get up and show the middle fingers to the caller on the screen of my tablet. I will not say that it always works, more self-hypnosis.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I raise my hands and eyes up, sometimes it helps:D

L

ledris

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use this tactic on intermet, its easier than live poker cause you dont have the pressure of fealimgs like fear which your opononets may takw care of. You just can shove and they could think you are strong but its easy to have A-7 off in this case!