All in Idiots

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nothing pisses be off more than a damn donkey who goes all in on every single hand. I was just beat by a guy who went all in six times in a row and won 5 out of 6 without a single face card. I called his all in With A K suited and lost to his poket 6s. I waited to play in that tournament all night and when a donk comes on there who is not serious about it and does that it drives me nuts. Sites should monitor all in % calls and kick the idiots off who aren't doing anything but pissing people like me off.:thumpdown

calibanboy

calibanboy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing pisses be off more than a damn donkey who goes all in on every single hand. I was just beat by a guy who went all in six times in a row and won 5 out of 6 without a single face card. I called his all in With A K suited and lost to his poket 6s. I waited to play in that tournament all night and when a donk comes on there who is not serious about it and does that it drives me nuts. Sites should monitor all in % calls and kick the idiots off who aren't doing anything but pissing people like me off.:thumpdown

AK Suited is not a great calling hand Preflop. YOU are hoping to improve. you did not. get over it.

S

srojitas

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AK Suited is not a great calling hand Preflop. YOU are hoping to improve. you did not. get over it.

ummmmm AKs is good to call pf in my opinion... in late tourny.. but on early i dont like risk game

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
6's are favored slightly against AK pre-flop.
You lost the coin flip this time. It's a 50/50 deal. I think it's best to be reminded that AA, AK, etc... are not a golden hands, most especially in tourney play. You'll play another day. Better luck next time. :)

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every hand? Seriously?

Every single hand?

fcumred

fcumred

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Why bite ?

They do it all the time, and I find the best tactics is to sit and wait. They lose it all eventually ( hoprefully you can pick some bits off him with monster hands )...

Once they've gone you target the people who've got the chips he won and subsequently lost.

roundcat

roundcat

Creature of leisure
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love these people. :love:

They're especially great if you're in a ring game and trying to clear a bonus. Express train to bonusville! You just have to be patient and wait for premium hands. Sometimes they'll get lucky anyway, but that's the price of the golden ticket.

Y

ysmisc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I love these people! You just wait and wait and call when you get a good hand - Most of the time it is the easiest way to double up. You need to wait wait wait.
AK Suited IS a good hand pre flop HU for example AK suited versus any lower than KK pair is almost a coin flip and of course it is stronger than non pair hands.

B

Bluestone

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

The same what I mean. You will play a corret tournament and so a stupid player broks your hole game. Its terrible, shoots the donks out of the games. Its better for them to play with mumbles.

danny021

danny021

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yea it sucks getting beat by idiots who go all in with marginal hands all the time.. but then again.. if an idiot is going all in or raising large amounts all the time.. its only benefitial for you.. he can pick up blinds but as soon as you pick up a monster you're going to get a lot of chips most of the time.. a few bad beats happen here and there but in the long run.. playing against these type of players will only make you richer.. you're going to catch them with hands and they'll go bust..

douglassf

douglassf

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Deadly.

This was a FR tourn or a Real tourn. If was FR is normally donkey all in with nothing at the hand becuase he doesn't losing anything.... just Real it not occured

mirmidwnas

mirmidwnas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes guys like him are all over the poker rooms....Sooner or later they all end up giving their stack to someone more serious...The only thing that matters is to be the one who receives their stack;)

PopeNegro

PopeNegro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Calling all-ins with AKs is really hit or miss. Many times its probably better to simply steal blinds and small pots rather than risk it all on a 50/50. In Tournaments the chips you have are MUCH more valuable than the chips you can win, which make taking coin flip situations -EV. People get lucky, just try to take as much luck out of the equation as possible and you won't get angry at situations like that.

Dias Jr

Dias Jr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate lotto poker as much as the next guy (all in donkeys), but i saw this recently and i found it hilarious. It's Gus hanson going all in for most of a 6 handed game on pokersuperstars 2....

YouTube - Gus Hansen going crazy 1/4

freakin great!! (btw i hope it's ok that i posted the link)

Dias Jr

Dias Jr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah i get that he had to do it for the point system in that competition but it's still entertaining to watch!!

There'll always be all-in guys in tourney's, especially freerolls. But if you're patient and don't get caught up in threeway and four way all-ins you have a great chance at getting their chips... nature of the freeroll beast i guess

O

overtop69

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All-in donks are a pain. But a good, patient, skillful player will beat them most often if they are patient enough. Just remember...without donkeys...there'd be no money for the rest of us to win lol.

G

gns2003

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That last post stole my thrust. You gotta love all-in donks. They are clearing out lots of players very quickly for the rest of the field. And they almost always bust out early. Just let someone else take them on. Or wait for AA, KK and double up. They really help the rest of the field by speeding things along. And they are adding a marginal amount of +EV to your bank long term. Next time you see one just smile and say thank you. Even better is to encourage them to continue playing that way. You don't want them to improve their game.

Good luck.

blade1984

blade1984

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all in clown at ofc at AB

in yesterdays ofc ar AB at my table was a all in clown i was geting hands that you would want to see a flop with but not all in .This went on for about 25 mins then i get KK the all in clowns gose;s all in so i call he has 8 4 os and yes he hits 2 pair and i am out ...but what can you do ...just hope you get a hand like i did and hope you win:mad:

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is my point he went all in with everything and anything there was no telling what he had. He won one hand with 8 3 off. Im just saying that these all in Jackasses really piss me off. The idiot went all in like 6 times in a row.:mad:

K

KingTurd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like how people post threads like this and make the complaint but always seem to forget the numerous amounts of times they chip up on these players.
btw, when you see people at low level blinds and they push all in immediately a lot of the time they have a mid pocket pair and don't know how to play it. just a tip.

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Look here punk. Mr. Poker genius. I was just stating that the all in idiots that go all in all the damn time with nothing, really piss me off. How the hell was I supposed to know that at this particular time the genious had a par of 6 as apossed to the 8 3, and 9 2, he'd been having. Agianst this kind of idiot, apparently much like yourself, its usually a very good call.:thefinger

calibanboy

calibanboy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Look here punk. Mr. Poker genius. I was just stating that the all in idiots that go all in all the damn time with nothing, really piss me off. How the hell was I supposed to know that at this particular time the genious had a par of 6 as apossed to the 8 3, and 9 2, he'd been having. Agianst this kind of idiot, apparently much like yourself, its usually a very good call.:thefinger

Are you aware That had the person had 83 unsuited then you still have a 30% chance of losing? That is nowhere near a forgone conclusion.

If you cannot handle losing an All-in of this nature then I think you may well struggle in the future with basic Tilt mgt. ( or were playing above bankroll??? - or both)

I also see that your suggesting that poker sites should "kick-off" "idoits"..........mmmmmmm I am not too sure this is +ev.

calibanboy

calibanboy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK Suited IS a good hand pre flop HU for example AK suited versus any lower than KK pair is almost a coin flip and of course it is stronger than non pair hands.

AKs is a good hand. But it is not a Good "all-in call" hand preflop. By this I mean it is more vulnerable than people subconciously think.

I understand that you will often be coinflip or better quite a few times. However most often people have KK and AA when the Go "ALL-in" preflop. Hence a high proportion of the time you are calling against KK(33% chance opf winning) and AA(11% chance of winning).

This may not be the case considering the circumstances of this chaps experience where the opponent is pushing anything. The point is that AK is not a made hand.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

It would appear that it doesn't take much to piss you off. If all you can handle is being stroked you might want to consider spending your money in some of Nevadas' other establishments & leave poker to the grown ups. :)

Merlin333

Merlin333

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK all in is dependent on other circumstances (Stack, level,position,bets on the board, etc) as to whether its a good play or not - AK all in is not an automatic winner There are slight differences between different authors but a prior poster gave information that appears correct to me. From the information you gave, your hand was not statistically superior such that the opposition was, as you put it, "a donk" to make the play. If you are serious, my question is do you know the circumstances AK all in the right play - did you consider this information before you went all in? None of this was in your post - just that you hated allinners went all in with AK and got caught by the fact it didn't improve against pocket 6's. I can think of no better way to chip up early than playing strong hands against players going all in with nothing - those who don't both get lucky and slow down never make it far - they always blow their stack in a bad situation against the player who didn't get mad,waited with a clear head and pounced on them with a good/better hand. Sometimes the real "idiot" is not who you think it is.

When I have a situation that I am unable to restrain myself because I'm so anxious to bust someone who clearly is not playing well or has otherwise gotten under my skin - I blame the person who is the real problem - ME - not them (This unfortunately happens less than it used to but still more than I'd like).

Don't fall into the trap of blaming other things for your loss - that's too easy,that's why a lot of people do it and it will not improve your play. An analysis of what happened and how you could have handled it differently will give you options in the future and clarity about what really happened.

In my case the single biggest improvement in my game came when I stopped looking beyond myself for reasons I've not improved. Read the comments you made to people who quoted you factual information that should help you expand your perspective of what happened, look up the math yourself and factually you will find that you are not correct. Then you have to make up your mind do "I want to improve and learn more or just be able to call people names".

Merlin333 :cool:

Last edited: