ALL in with AA

AllinIgor

AllinIgor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you playing an expensive tournament, or even the wsop main event, 4 players come in all in the first leg of the tournament, and you hold AA, would you call or fold? Good luck at the tables!

S

SharkFinn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely call every time. Against 4 players your equity is still about 60%. You're there to try to finish in the top positions, not to avoid finishing in the bottom positions. You won't get a better opportunity to 5x your stack and set yourself up for a deep run.

AndyFio

AndyFio

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally would fold because I would be less than 50% likely to win preflop almost anyway. Although I understand that my chances are in any case the best, but I would rather definitely take the second place and fight for the first, than with great risk I will fight for the first in an instant.

SecksyGambler

SecksyGambler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally would fold because I would be less than 50% likely to win preflop almost anyway.Although I understand that my chances are in any case the best, but I would rather definitely take the second place and fight for the first, than with great risk I will fight for the first in an instant.

This is the beginning of the tournament, not the final table. You're playing for 5x your chip stack. So long as you expect to win more than 20% of the time (AA is much better odds than that) so it's +Ev, and therefore, you should call. This is an extremely good scenario to get your chips in, I'm sorry if this offends you but, you would be stupid not to call.

xurek

xurek

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it depends on your chips ... the harder it is for me to give allwin from AA it depends on the position. I think it's fair.

MauroMMMM

MauroMMMM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi. AA is not a guarantee of anything. I would have to see how my stack is. You have a 20% chance of winning with AA, and that seems way too low if I'm playing an expensive tournament, for someone to beat me with 555 or a double for anyone. Regards.:cool::cool:

M

martinf1971

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How have you got 20% chance off winning preflop you are probably ahave a 62 percent chance of winning providing no one connects post flop you chances increase. Its a call from me, there will be some hands trying to fish a card or 3

S

SharkFinn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi.AA is not a guarantee of anything.I would have to see how my stack is.You have a 20% chance of winning with AA, and that seems way too low if I'm playing an expensive tournament, for someone to beat me with 555 or a double for anyone.Regards.:cool::cool:

You don't have 20% chance of winning, you have much more because AA dominates lots of other hands that would be going all in. Against 4 opponents playing say a 10% range, AA is 55% to win.

So EV here is +275% of your stack (assuming all stacks are at least as higher as yours, which they are as OP said this is the start of the tournament). For comparison, all in with AA against one opponent on 10% range is 85% to win, so an EV of +170% of stack.

This kind of situation seems to come up for discussion quite a bit, and I can't understand why so many people say they would fold :confused:

skalibur

skalibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
allin AA

Are you playing an expensive tournament, or even the WSOP main event, 4 players come in all in the first leg of the tournament, and you hold AA, would you call or fold? Good luck at the tables!
we really have to study this hypothesis and the profile of the players who gave the initial all in there you with AA really I in particular would go because AA is in the pre flop winning all of them already after the flop for you to go all in with AA table does not have the possibility to leave three of a kind or a straight yet you still have the risk of losing to two pairs more anyway in the preflop i would go because you have a great chance of winning

sara maria

sara maria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would be a fool if I didn't play that AA hand, they come out very little and it is the best hand, it would be a real shame not to play that hand, lose or win would be all in. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always play them, I rarely fold, although they are not immortal, as we all know, if it is possible to bet everything before the flop, much better, play them aggressively, without fear, it is the best hand, after I pass what has happen.

gaarsiass

gaarsiass

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PL
Chips
of course I'm in. You have the best chance of multiplying your stack, I think folding would be the biggest mistake. of course it depends what you have before the tournament, I always assume you will win every tournament in which I participate.

Flower2211

Flower2211

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the goal is to win the tournament, then a call is mandatory, if the fir tree gradually and reliably makes its way to more and more prizes, then fold, everything is simple, as for me. I would fold.

T

tamara822

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In that situation I would definitely go all in. This is a game, and we need chips for it. :)

M

MickGreed

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I should be hesitant an study it, but AA I probably would be excited an Go.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Are you playing an expensive tournament, or even the WSOP main event, 4 players come in all in the first leg of the tournament, and you hold AA, would you call or fold? Good luck at the tables!

You should definitely get in on the action. You have the best pre-flop hand. You will face smaller pairs than yours and AK, AQ, AJ, KQ. It takes courage to play poker. Otherwise you will be skating the whole tournament without leaving the place. Play to win!

D

DavPerz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So in every situation with AA pre-flop, should you try to get all your chips in?

AllinIgor

AllinIgor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for all the comments, this is a somewhat controversial subject, but to my relevant view. I will give my personal opinion: I would definitely call!
Because for me, besides the AA being very favorite, I'd be getting a comfortable stack to play thought of itm or even the final table, someone said here that in this game one can not be afraid, and it is true.
However, making a decision at these times requires a lot of the player to choose which one is best for themselves, if the person does not feel comfortable playing an AA against 4 opponents I respect.
But I ask: if you do not play a preflop AA for fear of losing, with what hand will you play?

Good luck at the tables!

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
In order to answer your question, you need to consider many different components, that is, it depends on many factors. I believe that there is simply no single typical scenario.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Depending on the number of chips, it was a raise or an all-in !!! In late position I sometimes limp if no one raised before me !!!

T

t_flowrin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
by being the best hand preflop i will definetely call and if u lose u know u went in with the best of it.

F

fmbordini

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

every time call....AA never fold pre flop

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Depend on position in the tournament, stage of the tournament, chips, prizes, notes. Sometimes the best solution is to fold.

NickeLine22

NickeLine22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think call with AA is not a mistake, because is the best cards on preflop

demesquita

demesquita

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand that the prospect of getting out of a tournament because of multiple villains is very disturburbing, but you will not have a better spot to potentially have a huge stack this early and even less with such a hand as Aces. The call here is a must!

Either you fall out from a board that was very bad, but making the correct decision, or you get 5x bigger and go hard on your opponents (using the power of the stack and positioning) and aquiring even more chips playing smart. That will surelly help you get to the objective.