AK overrated

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK has to be the most overrated hand in all of poker seriously. I cannot remember the last time I won an important flip with it or even get it in good against lower Ax they hit their J or 10 or whatever.
Always against pocket 7s that type of hand when the roles are reversed and Im holding 10s or JJ there's 35 kings and aces in the deck. It's been the Bain of my life lately I'm considering starting to fold it when I'm deep in tourneys it screws me over each and every time.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When is the last time you ran your HH through holdem manager program?

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
A lot of people tend to overrate AK. I mean it is just Ace high until you connect with the board.and a certain amount of time AK will lose against other hands.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
AK has to be the most overrated hand in all of poker seriously. I cannot remember the last time I won an important flip with it or even get it in good against lower Ax they hit their J or 10 or whatever.
Always against pocket 7s that type of hand when the roles are reversed and Im holding 10s or JJ there's 35 kings and aces in the deck. It's been the Bain of my life lately I'm considering starting to fold it when I'm deep in tourneys it screws me over each and every time.

It's my friend the deck sometimes doesn't help, I'm so used to getting hit with AK that lately I'm playing these hands more cautiously. The big pros say to play more aggressive AK, but I have my doubts. I'm not a professional player, I may even be talking nonsense but when I get an AK I play slower, but don't give up that's part of the game. Good luck at the tables.:)

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience is essential in poker and constant study, check how the hand was played, by position, stack, etc. making the right decisions is a matter of time to reverse the situation:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
AK (especially off suit) is just a drawing hand that can be beaten against a tight player with AA KK and big pairs. But against loose and aggressive players I play fast or even all in pre or postflop, considering the stacks. But to call an all in with AKo is another story.

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

absolutely overrated. It's a great pre-flop hand. but I see young internet players playing it all in for tourney life preflop when actually they are losing to a pair of 2s. worth a good size 3 bet, and even an all-in depending on position and opponents. I guess if you like coin flips its a great hand.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I do not agree with you. I think you just lack experience. Do not be sad, if you are patient then in time you will understand how to play with such a hand. There are many factors to consider, and it is impossible to do without experience.

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AK are just 2 high cards and the board is not always with high cards.

P

pokerchallenge

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldn't say overated. Depends on the situation, multi way, heads up, blinds remaining etc

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If you hit you ak youll be though to beat......so i dont think people overrate ak but has to play this hand aggressively

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I agree that many people overplay this hand but still AK is a great hand to go with especially because you block the two hands you don't want to go against for the stacks preflop(aces and kings)- this doesn't mean that your opponent can't have this hands but it's way tougher - also against any other hand you're flipping or you're ahead preflop... It depends on the situation(mtt/ CG/ sng/ stack sizes...), but most of the times I'll gladly take AK and gamble with it and hope for the best BlessRNG

GLGL at the tables $$$

MrrrRock

MrrrRock

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
but dont start to fold it now either

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think it's "overrated" but it's definitely overplayed by less experienced players. It's a hand that's good to have when you need to shove, and it's a good hand to see a flop with and evaluate from there. It's still obviously a premium hand, but I actually have to hit something to play it aggressively in a multi-way pot.

W

whitetailbuck10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I don’t think it’s over rated but I am honestly not sure how to best play AK. In have tried being aggressive, I have tried slow playing it, I just don’t seem to maximize on it when I get it.

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tend to overvalue my AK, I know I'm wrong, many times the flop already tells me to fold, however I don't obey and I get screwed. If we pay attention, we'll see that most of the times we lose to him is more out of stubbornness than out of luck.

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
AK - strong cards, but to make the hand strong you need to hit the board. That's why I don't like playing this hand out of position. I try to knock everyone out of the pot on preflop.

Gutshot Gus

Gutshot Gus

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AK Just call it Anna Kournikova, because just like the beautiful tennis player, it looks good but never wins.

olfabiolo

olfabiolo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play AK very calmly and dynamically, I learned from one of our Brazilian players, Yuri Martins.

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't think they are overrated, just a really nice hand, what is underrated is the pairs, any pair in my opinion.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't think it's an overrated hand. I think that players who overestimate their skills just can't use this hand properly. But we were all beginners once and with experience we improved our game and understanding of the potential of each hand in a particular situation. I recommend that you watch other, more experienced players play with such a hand, and then you will be able to accumulate the necessary experience. Good luck.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Of course overrated. In successful poker, it is important to collect a winning combination of cards, and not to admire aces and kings.

T

Tracker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
ak

Ya I lost my A$$ on AK couple days ago!:mad:

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not agree with you. I think you just lack experience. Do not be sad, if you are patient then in time you will understand how to play with such a hand. There are many factors to consider, and it is impossible to do without experience.
Thanks I was talking about all in play pre flop with it. Not deep stacked play post flop. I have played poker for 20 years so don't agree with you lacking experience. I'm talking about 10-25bb play. Players get excited to see it but for me it has rarely delivered. Everyone has their own opinions on every hand AK for me hasn't been kind. Thanks