AHA moment re: bads beats

N

nameless1537

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was playing some micro limit cash games, just honing some of my skills and getting some bad beats here and there. As I was reflecting on my play... something occurred to me.

Bad beats happen more often to good players than bad players because good players generally play the odds better and set themselves up to be on the right side of the odds most of the time (and knows when to fold when odds are against them). Sucking out comes largely when a bad player calls a raise when they shouldn't have, and they win a hand that no business being in based on the odds.

That's what I'm going to have to remember each time somebody else sucks out on me to fight tilt. The only thing I can check up on is whether I made the best play based on the information available to me at the time. For that, I'll have you guys in the tournament / cash hands analysis. [emoji4]

Anyone else have tilt-busting wisdom to help stay grounded during frustrating runs?

Last edited:
gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I was playing some micro limit cash games, just honing some of my skills and getting some bad beats here and there. As I was reflecting on my play... something occurred to me.

Bad beats happen more often to good players than bad players because good players generally play the odds better and set themselves up to be on the right side of the odds most of the time (and knows when to fold when odds are against them). Sucking out comes largely when a bad player calls a raise when they shouldn't have, and they win a hand that no business being in based on the odds.

That's what I'm going to have to remember each time somebody else sucks out on me to fight tilt. The only thing I can check up on is whether I made the best play based on the information available to me at the time. For that, I'll have you guys in the tournament / cash hands analysis. [emoji4]

Anyone else have tilt-busting wisdom to help stay grounded during frustrating runs?
Very well put Suckouts etc are all just part of the game. I just had my rockets cracked by T9. He called my raise pre, flopped a ten, and rivered a 9 for 2pair. Tourney over lol. But I feel you just gotta move on to the next one. My play was +EV, just wait for next time lol

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I prefer tournaments. For me, the best rule of thumb is to always wait for strong cards and take into account the position at the table.

CptRunBad

CptRunBad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That’s a great mentality to have. Will definitely help avoid tilt.

AgentXtreme

AgentXtreme

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It remains a part of the game even bad player will get bad beats sometimes.