Aggression in poker

protuva35

protuva35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aggression is learning but have time.Much a lot depends of how opponent play.What out in river,a lot of staff depends of opponent.When see how opponent play if opponent sure probably some have and i not aggresive,but if not sure and raise is not sure more uncertain i be aggresive and maybe still pot or check

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you play online is not known what the nature of the enemy. I personally do not play aggressive, and I think that aggression only prevents poker. When large losses will bankroll an aggressive style of play.

K

kaetzchenfg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is a difference between my character and playing poker. Normally I am not a aggressive person but in Poker I could be.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it can be taught. You can make some rules for yourself to make for more aggressive play like if everyone folds to me in late position I'm going to raise regardless of my cards, or I'm going to make a C bet even when the flop doesn't hit me.

Dunc8b

Dunc8b

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it "aggression" or is it another tool in the toolbox?

I have been "positive" and "confident" in raising and re-raising in situations where my opening pair were weak. I have seen/guessed that a hesitant check or raise from someone suggests they have little and decided to raise them. Sometimes it goes against me. That's part of the game

I have gone 3BB when in a late position like Amanda A mentions as a challenge for the remaining players to respond to or fold and stolen the pot. Been burnt a few times too.

I'd say that mixing up your playing options is a better plan than being seen/known as an "aggressive" player.

And I find the terms "aggressive" and "passive" a curious choice of terms. If I am being "passive" I may be observing you and seeing that the "aggressive" players are trying just too often with nothing in their hand. So I wait a while and take their chips in small piles. It's not how you start, it's how you finish that counts.

Alex Batista

Alex Batista

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aggression in poker is based on the nature of man. Aggressive man is also aggressive in poker, or aggression can be learned?

I believe that even the person not being aggressive course, it can play aggressive poker . Because even people who do not play poker and are in social networks , become more aggressive than in person

skavenger

skavenger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, man ! THAT'S Wrong ... I am Pacific :cool: I think aggressive in life are not good poker players ... the aggressiveness of poker is different, clever, at least in good players ! Aggressive without reason are fishs as liabilities.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I believe if you try really hard you can learn how to be aggressive in the right way , raising and reraising by the rules when it's most appropriate but folding and following a passive behaviour when not necessary .:fight:
It's a plus and a positive when someone has aggressiveness in his nature , but not always as many play very loose and they end up being donkeys .
You can learn how to play aggressivelly but you will not be as good as sb who is aggressive by nature and is better in collecting all these stacks of chips in the tournaments and usually is among the chip leaders . The young ofcourse can learn way much more in contrast to people of older age.

YoSoyMarce

YoSoyMarce

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
aggression can be learned and perfectionate this style of game you will be a fearsome player

A

asaell14

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my aggressiveness is only for poker and only use it when it proved necessary when a player enters the game as aggressive and respond aggressively

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aggression can be learned. It should be Part of any players game. It does win pots, but can get burned. Small stack aggression with little value is the sure way to exit a tournament. Large stack aggression has fold equity by nature, best to use aggression then

A

Alex Kleinman

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if agression you mean out betting somone making them fold

you can learn that see how much you can get and average