Age and Poker

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think that age prevents the game of poker. All depends on the person. Poker is a game of minds, so everyone has the opportunity to continue to play poker even in far not young age, if he can learn the game at the same pace.

Doblador bus

Doblador bus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any age is healthy to play poker having all the senses on alert

G

Gulya

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it does not matter in poker you are young or old, because I know a lot of people after 45 years, and they play well

P

plyto777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Experience matters, and that up to the age of the most important health! increases with age and fatigue weakens concentration. so that the ladies and gentlemen - take care of health)

Valentin Vorobev

Valentin Vorobev

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think age does not affect :) if you're a fool, and then 90 they will :)

Matanzima

Matanzima

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Under equal conditions of technical knowledge the psychological factor makes the difference.

There are defects in this factor that can occur in young people and older people.

M

Mazak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Year is important because experience and controlling emotions is addicted to it

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My reason

Surely the poker player improves a lot more with age, because, he begins to have more perception of the game, reason better for certain plays, tries to enterder the plays of his opponents, feels more at the time to give a bluff and much more.

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
age is not important, important experience. Well, all the same I schetayu that minors should not play

D

Dajamo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it gets worse, there is prolly something wrong.
I could see it getting worse if you dont adjust to the trends and how people play. but if you keep up and still get worse, then thats a little backwards.

If that makes any sense at all I dunno. but thats just what went through my head lol.

RiversRage

RiversRage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm weighing experience over age all day, though some of the younger players don't know any better so they tend to play ultra aggressive which leads to better results in the long run imo

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think age is just a number in poker. It is nothing more than just another number.

warface

warface

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think in poker as a discipline and the work of the ages of all the fit, simply choose for yourself how many tables to play simultaneity is less or more.

S

Sacredoro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess age doesn't matter that much, experience is much more important, counted in number of hands played and not in years.

A

A7472909p

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With the years if you respect the game, you will reach a new, higher level. Age in poker is important ;)

A

Alex12122312

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with others that age does not matter in poker. Experience is more important.

L

ludomaniaco24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not know if there is an age for poker but I think the 22 onwards is the best time to play

SlimHeperpokerstars

SlimHeperpokerstars

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How much does age become a factor in Poker? When we are young our minds are sharp, our memory is better, but, we tend to be more impatient and lack the experience. As we age, we gain experience, we learn from our mistakes, we might become more patient. As we approach our senior years our minds may not be as sharp as when we were young. Do you find your game has become better or worse as you've gotten older?

You have raised a very good topic. I agree with you than you are older than the memory worse and does not have the aggression that was at a young age. But with age comes the qualities of a good player like endurance, self-control and experience. All these advantages are more profitable at the poker table)):angel:

vse i sra3y

vse i sra3y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think age does not matter, there is great importance in nature and the human ability to learn.

A

Ametist17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
main desire

My opinion that it is necessary to develop isn't dependent on age and then chances will be on your party!

fortopyan

fortopyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in my opinion , the age to play poker is not important. poker is an old game with a young face.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think someone said once that no one over 40 could win the world series because it is just so grueling. So while I don't think this is true (And I hope not because I'm over 40 and still want to win it one day :)) I do think that you lose a little energy as you get older which might be a factor if you are playing tourneys that go on for many days.

G

Gimenez56

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe the skill level and the experience are the most important thing, not the age, the age may help to make you a more patient and humble player, but it is not the most important thing