Age and Poker

R

rugby0

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It only matters if you do not study the game.

I

igox97

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When i was younger i used to limp a lot, bet with bad hand in bad moments, and now I also analise more, i can calculate percents, outs. So yes when u get older u also can get some benefits.

Ivab

Ivab

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With experience comes understanding of the game. You receive your style of play. I think with age, every player is getting stronger.

F

feecg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It really depends on how prepared you are at the moment. When you`re old, you have more patience to control yourself under some circunstances, and the best part of being old is that you have a lot of experience, that young ones dont have in most cases. But the good part of being young is that you have more energy to learn and play the game for like hours

grinya774

grinya774

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think age is not important. An important experience. And much depends on the nature of man.

K

KALUGAJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
Poker is in the head and not the age.

itarus

itarus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is in the head and not the age.

You think because. you're young!

*But with age - unfortunately - often slows the rate of brain processes and the elderly person more difficult to compete with the young.
Unfortunately. . .

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Age does not matter. It is important to understand the game and its players in the field limit. Age gives experience, and experience brings profit.

itarus

itarus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Age does not matter. It is important to understand the game and its players in the field limit. Age gives experience, and experience brings profit.

have experience - it's wonderful. But when you want to instantly make the right decision, taking into account all the circumstances of the game and of players, need the speed of thought!

*A middle-aged man has often slows down, unfortunately. . .

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
have experience - it's wonderful. But when you want to instantly make the right decision, taking into account all the circumstances of the game and of players, need the speed of thought!

*A middle-aged man has often slows down, unfortunately. . .

I am 40 years old and I am thinking in poker rather quickly. For me there is no problem to play 6-8 tables cache or 4 tables zoom with a + winrate

Svyat66556

Svyat66556

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that age does not affect the image of the game. affects the experience of the game, if a person is interested to learn and improve their skills, it may 60 years learn to play not worse professionals, and if there is no desire to learn, you can play 10 years and is worse than one who plays the first year

itarus

itarus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am 40 years old and I am thinking in poker rather quickly. For me there is no problem to play 6-8 tables cache or 4 tables zoom with a + winrate

Congratulations!

According to the Chinese calculus age: 40 years - the age of the teenager. to 60 years - the age of guy. after 60 - the age of an adult. and after 100 years begins the age of grandfather!

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
POKER IS VICIOUS DANGEROUS?

YOU THINK THAT POKER IS VICIOUS DANGEROUS OR JUST FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT HAVE CONTROL CAN LOSE EVERYTHING I HAVE.

Tinfoilchef

Tinfoilchef

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd say age has nothing to do with one's ability to play. It's more about experience, ability to learn, and focus.

Pierre Neuville 72,
Neil Blumenfield 61

Both wsop 2015 Main Event November Niner's

D

ds276

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Надо быть совершеннолетним, чтобы играть на деньги. И не сильно старым - когда уже плохо с головой.

walluyo

walluyo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The WSOP you are talking about is prob the tour and Im guessing in England. We can play here at 18 as can the rest of Europe (infact majority of countries it is 18).There have been quite a few americans who have come to Europe to play in these events under 21 for their first ever live big tournament.

vadimknyshov

vadimknyshov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think age does not affect the game of poker. Never too late to start playing

SAVag

SAVag

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think to start learning the game all the same age plays a role because it is easier for young people to learn at all. But experienced players can show excellent results regardless of age

C

Chemist

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely no sense, how old are you..
Negreanu more than 40 years, Semion Austrian player, 21 years - more than 3 million dollars in prize money

LOL, kidpoker now being held up as the old timer.

Istvan Gal

Istvan Gal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The skill is more important than age

U

uready4dis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the older you get the more knowledge u have of poker, so you should be better at poker.

B

bigjay2007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that tenure and not age is the most important thing playing poker. The player who has played forever and thinks they know it all tend to fool themselves in my opinion, because they feel they don't have much left to learn. I started playing many years ago, but really committed to trying to learn how to play properly and learn ins and outs of the game about 3 years ago. I feel this has made me a much better player. I think I can match my game up against some decent players. Now if i only had a decent bankroll to work with ;)

Olgert1992

Olgert1992

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In poker players do not age. People are different, as well as different requirements for itself. Someone remembers 20 less than in the old 80. Now I suffer very much because of its nature. Very often tilt. For this I think that the older I will, so will be more disciplined, but with me it is unlikely to pass.))))

S

SweatPea

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think sometimes as we get older we become stubborn into believing what works for us in the post is the best way to do things.. such as poker, and old timers don't put in the work to progress their game, and the newer breed of players are always changing the meta..