After taste from a series of failures

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What are your moods and thoughts after you endure a series of failures? Think you are not a very good poker player or do you see strong opponents? And what are you doing, thinking about the reason? I mean online game.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What i usually do is to review some key hands and see if i played correctly but just got unlucky or i simply played bad. Loosing streaks are something that just happens in poker but the analyze of your game is what will help you to improve.

WiredKs

WiredKs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My weird mix of ego and self-doubt seem to let me stay even keel and get me through that sort of thing.

In other words, I don't think I've ever played against someone better than me, but I think I have more to learn. It allows me to brush off most losing sessions as run-bad, but leaves enough room to critically evaluate my own game.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey.
To be honest, I have depression, which is expressed in a categorical refusal to continue the game. I have no desire to play onlain. I fall asleep when it's time to play. I try not to play for several days and not to come into contact with poker at all.
After resting, I usually get up and try not to be nervous when stupid trips are going, knowing that this is my fault. I'm trying to find mistakes in games where I lost, and in the future use these mistakes against other players.

belizebum

belizebum

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
I just keep grinding. Win, lose draw. I do more studying, try to analyze where I went wrong. But at the end of the day, sometimes the cards just aren't there.

Natta777

Natta777

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I always analyze and try not to make any mistakes anymore. But I often blame everything for failure
:joyman:

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on what you mean by failures. After every time you play, you should review the hands you were involved in and figure out whether or not you made mistakes and also if there was a better way you could have played the hand. If you are satisfied with the way you played the hand and ended up losing, then don't beat yourself up over it. Sometimes you just suffer a bad beat. Other times, you get "coolered" like when you get all-in with KK and somebody else has AA. Focus on your decisions and not the outcomes ! Also important ... get other opinions from people you trust. Sometimes you think you played a hand well and another points out something that you didn't think of. Keep fixing your mistakes and eventually you'll get rewarded.

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
When I first started playing, I would just tilt. But after a while you realize that variance is just part of the game and that you'll go on streaks. For example this past weekend, I had a good run, won one tourney, got 3rd in another, and made some smaller cashes. But since Sunday I haven't been able to win a hand to save my life. All you can do is play your hands the best you can, keep making +EV decisions and just grind it out.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For every player, there are such days. Best of all, in such cases, take a break for a few days. If you are sufficiently patient and disciplined, after the break, you will be able to continue the game.

TheRealPage

TheRealPage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since 2 weeks I'm in a sort of break to stop a losing streak on a site.. other then study and review, I watch people playing on streams.. then see that after all, I'm not so bad because what happens to me, happens to them.. some just have a different game preventing them from big damages some times... this is where the learning part starts!

-TRP-

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I mainly do the analysis and look for my mistakes and try to correct them if they are !!!

R

rdpoker5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think a lot about my plays and how I can improve. Doubts also creep into my mind. It is a common thing if you are on a really long downswing (a couple of months). You just have to keep improving your game and mental state and keep pushing. Luck gets erased in poker on a very longterm basis. It can take years to become a winner just like in business.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
If I have a series of failures, I take a break for 1-2 weeks. And I start playing again, only when I feel that I have a good mood and enough patience.
Good luck.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This cannot be avoided. Long failures happen at all. We should take a break. Then make the analysis of your game. And then start playing...and win!!!

B

blackdust_poker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My view is never give up eventually you will break through and when you do just make sure its a super enjoyable time. ;)

W

who115

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lady luck is a fickle mistress... You have to be able to ride the waves of good and bad. If it goes really bad I try and take a little break and catch my breath and refocus. Then come back strong.

TheBandit

TheBandit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends

How did you play? if you followed your strategy but still lost then why? sometimes luck is just not with a person but if you are losing with prime hands then think about how it was played and if you should adjust something

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
After a series of failures, I try to take a break and analyze my game and my mistakes. I am convinced that everything depends on me, on my skills and experience.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
After every failure I try to see what happened , what went wrong . Was it my mistake , was it serious , tilt maybe , a combinations of these , sth else ?? I try to correct it .
If we're talking for massive failures , maybe I 'll take a short or long break to clear up to my mind what's going on overall and fix it .

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After 10 years of playing, I understand that it's just a variance :)

TheBandit

TheBandit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends

depends on what hands were played and how I lost. Seems I am always ahead when I put myself in a position to risk all my chips. but the river.....oh the river....

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
after failures in the game, I take a break to distract from the game and analyze the mistakes.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if I have a lot of unsuccessful poker series, then after the games I’m a little upset with my unsuccessful games, but then I understand that I make a lot of mistakes and I need to do less and play differently, I take small breaks in the game and then continue to play and try play better is more restrained and try to get results in +, but in the game there are different and unpredictable moments in which I can win on very bad cards or play on very good cards, but this is a game and you need to get used to any situations in the game!

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

I usually think when I lose. Why is this happening? Wen I make the same mistake its like an automatic loss for them its a flufe win. The guy just gets to the table I have king nine haven't won in 8 hands you win one in nine. I hit the nine and the opponent who just got there hit two pair with ten nine. I made a pretty good bet and by all rights the ten nine should of folded. Another situation was this. I have king king. I make a good bet. The flop comes up jack nine jack. He checks. The other two cards were meaningless. I think I have him and he shows ace jack. I wouldn't mind but he just won and I plotted the situation just the way it should of been plotted only to lose. After a just win when I bet I lose automatically too.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In such cases, I stop playing poker and do sports. I have been swimming for many years, and sports always help me focus and continue the game with new forces.