Is Adam Rude a liar and a thief???

Jooseme

Jooseme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello poker friends,

A few days ago a friend of mine (we'll call player X) played in a "charity" poker tournament hosted by Adam Rude. The buy-in was $60, $10 to charity, and $50 to the prize pool. The tournament attracted a total of 73 runners with the top 12 ITM.

Player X totally forgot about the tournament until he received an email that reminded him. He responded quickly to Adam asking if he could join the action. Adam asked player X if he paid his entry. Player X told him he did not and would not be able to until his fiance arrived home because he would need to send funds from her account. Adam agreed that was ok and let player X join. About halfway through the tournament Adam reached out to player X asking about the buy-in. Player X let Adam know his fiance was not home yet. Adam continued to let player X play.

Fast forward a bit, player X is now in the money. He hasn't received anything from Adam Rude since their last exchange. Player X assumed he had nothing to worry about because this was his first charity event with Adam and wasn't warned of a rule or consequences if player X did not pay entry given their agreement with player X having to send funds through her account.

Adam went on to let player X ladder up to 6th place. This was around 1:30amCST. Player X went to bed and woke up at 11:45am the following day at which point he asked Adam "what place did I take?" Adam responded 20 minutes later telling player X he would not be paid and his winnings will be donated.

Player X sent me they entire email thread between Adam and himself. Adam even went right to Twitter in an attempt to protect himself. Stating "Player X reached out to me right after the tournament looking for his payout". That is simply incorrect and player X has the emails to prove it. He didn't even reach out until the next day and it wasn't asking about getting paid. I believe it is Adam's fault for agreeing to such terms and player X should not be punished for going with what he was told was allowed.

Let me know your thoughts!!

A

abpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What time did your friend's fiance get home? And did he pay the entry when she did?

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If "player x" paid the buy-in when she got home,like he agreed to,,then 'player x' should be paid.If he didn't,then he should't see a penny. :deal:

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi hi!! :ciao:
who that never heard of him
maybe it safe be cautious of such things?

blond.jpg

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello poker friends,
I believe it is Adam's fault for agreeing to such terms and player X should not be punished for going with what he was told was allowed.
Let me know your thoughts!!

What time did your friend's fiance get home? And did he pay the entry when she did?

If "player x" paid the buy-in when she got home,like he agreed to,,then 'player x' should be paid.If he didn't,then he should't see a penny. :deal:
agreed :) first off adam had no right to let him play before he paid, definitely not fair to the other players.
second, you want him to just take the entry fees out of x's winnings? :rofl::rofl:
if someone is stupid enough to let someone play before paying then it would still need to be paid before getting ITM.
if player x lost, adam would more than likely never get paid.:eek:
hi hi!! :ciao:
who that never heard of him
maybe it safe be cautious of such things?

blond.jpg
your meaning repeated :p
who has ever heard of adam rude?
what idiot sends money to play in a private home game with people they don't know?

I'm having a home game on pokerstars tonight everyone, just send me $100 to join
and the prize pool is a million dollars :eek: I'll get back to you if you win :rolleyes:

KK adam is a poker streamer on youtube, one of thousands :cool:
ScreenHunter 2414 Jan 19 1754

riverlizard3

riverlizard3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow

this seems like a good learning experience, for you and us as well, sometimes we have to see others go through "things" to help remind us that there are better ways to participate in our favorite game.
Maybe im more cautious then others maybe not ,but i would suggest there are better ways to get involved with games and individuals, yes???

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never heard of Adam Rude