About stress

V

volare85

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you win or lose a lot of money,do you have sometimes feeling that you are stressed ,you cant sleep becouse of emotions?

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Loss is always exciting and want or not want and you think about it and analyze it. I had the opposite. I won a good amount and it was difficult to fall asleep. The game ended late at night.

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you win or lose a lot of money,do you have sometimes feeling that you are stressed ,you cant sleep becouse of emotions?

hi hi volare!!!!
seems "lot of money" is be a relative statement?

i no have a lot monies
i no play for lot monies

i have fun!!!!

& i sleep very good

blond.jpg

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It really does happen. At the same time, the euphoria of winning is much harder to bear than losing. This inevitably happens after a long tournament

pro100phil

pro100phil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's hard for me to fall asleep after a big loss and it's hard for me to fall asleep after a big win:D

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I confirm when I am too excited by a victory or by my earnings. I have trouble sleeping because my brain is always in turmoil. however when I lose because of the variance. I always sleep like a baby. but if it is due to an error on my part. I spend a little time thinking about this spot to correct my games.

pokergopher

pokergopher

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I have big rushes of adrenaline in the middle of big hands. The anticipation of a big win are very thrilling. Once the hand is over it doesn't take too long to calm down though. It has not caused any problems with sleeping. If I had trouble sleeping I would just keep playing until I'm truly tired.

F

fernando21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find playing poker more exciting than winning or losing. Winning usually doesn't generate as much excitement or stress as losing, which lasts longer.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
When I win, I am full of positive emotions and sleep very well, wake up in a good mood and with the desire to play again. When I lose, it is very hard for me to fall asleep, and the next morning I wake up in a bad mood. I need to wait a few days for the stress to pass so that I can start winning again.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
win or lose a lot of money does not affect me in sleep or stress, sometimes I am stressed when I have to lose hands in a row, in cash I stop playing for a bad streak and tournaments I listen to music to relax quickly:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

F

futureballoon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely... had a big loss last night... was on the bubble top 4 get paid and 5 people left. Limped in with AA by calling the BB. He was holding 9 4 offsuit and it just so happened the flop included a 9 4... i got taken for a ride.. it's been haunting me for the past 12 hours... rough beat.

linaxmama

linaxmama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when that happens it’s really hard to sleep, i keep thinking about my hands a lot and if it’s too stressful i usually don’t play the other day

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You just need to make a breaks in the game and you will feel comfortable at the game. For sure, if you will play too much poker, you sometimes can feel that stress.
But this will be allright , after you will have a rest.

V

vashsv

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

My problem used to be tilt, devastated my bankroll a few times, didnt have problems with sleep, but made some adjustments. Now if I lose a couple o buyins I stop for a while, listen to music or go for a walk. If I feel that I am ok after that, I might analyze the loosing hands (if there is anything to analyze) and get back in it, or stop for the day.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
When I lose, I get upset, but I don’t think it can be called stress !!! I’m used to it because I understand that poker is not only endless winnings, but also failures !!! Do not play for money that you are not ready to lose, and everything will be fine with your sleep and nervous system))))

O

Oxinthewater

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Life in general has lots of stresses, and if you play poker , you sort of compress all those things into a relatively short game, so really it's to be expected.

But like in life, the stress has to be managed well.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I can't help you essentially because I don't play for big amount of money but what I know for sure is that after every session/game the poker fun must stay there.If you suffer especially by your losing sessions; this is not a good sigh.So I guess your sessions must be within your comfort zone(bankroll).

Can't sleep because of a big win is always acceptable hehe!

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I lose I don’t get nervous, because for many years of the game I got used to it.I get stressed when I go very far.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, I feel emotions, but usually only positive, so I do not feel stress. Sometimes there are problems with sleep but it has nothing to do with poker.

FF2586

FF2586

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Hello

I do stress a lot when I lose! Who doesn't?

It is frustration when we lose, especially when you've playing poker for a long time and taking the time to learn and improve your game!

It is like anything else in life, we want to succeed in!

gl gl gl

F

Fernet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stress

Hello friends, with the topic of stress, it happens to me when I lose a lot, mostly because of situations that shouldn't happen, like with limpers that later show premium hands and lose a lot of money, it really makes me angry and I start to make bad decisions sometimes I am trying to improve in that aspect

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Loss is always exciting and want or not want and you think about it and analyze it. I had the opposite. I won a good amount and it was difficult to fall asleep. The game ended late at night.

I went through that too. Game ended more than midnight, it took me a while to sleep, but it was cool. I want it again.

sarvari_ati

sarvari_ati

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Today I am 8th out of 750
Next tournament 10th out of 650.
First 7 and first 8 place win :D
It is a little stressed :D

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nobody likes to loose money for sure so it is very important to not risk money that you can't afford to loose and to have good bankroll management so that you do not go broke. Follow these two rules and you will not have stress or inability to sleep. :)

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me, poker is just a hobby. I play for fun and I never feel stressed. Even more, I think poker allows me to prevent stress.