about Optimism and pessimism In poker

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
During the time I play, both online and live I have noticed that the luck factor is also related to the optimism of the player, among other things especially those who play live know ... that day when everything goes well, you have a clear mind sober and with high optimism, it changes even the posture at the table. This also happens online when you enter a cycle of pessimism it seems that it attracts bad luck is incredible and infallible, you know when you are winning all streets and on the turn you think only you can't open that card ... and it always opens because the thought is already wrong at the root, the right thing to think about is that you can open every deck that the chances of losing are minimal. So I come to recommend a book that helps me a lot and has nothing to do with poker which is the Book of Saint Germain I will leave a pdf here on this topic but I am not sure if this is the one I am reading, but research on this title helps a lot with high esteem and optimism. As they say: Poker is the game of life and really how your mood is reflected on the tables in the same proportion.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me, poker is a favorite hobby. During the game I get only positive emotions and therefore I always enjoy the game. For me, poker is always a joy.

Benkisto_BR

Benkisto_BR

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This topic was very coincidental, because this week I was analyzing the same thing. I think that is why it is better to stop playing when you are losing successively, you get stressed and start losing even more.

emk4976

emk4976

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree your mood at the tables can and will effect your over all play. For example a loose guy plays every hand and starts putting bad beats on whole table. They effect the whole table on how everyone play verses that player. Some will push when strong and hope there hand holds. Some will play just as loose and try to beat him at his own game. Not letting one player effect your emotions is key to keeping a level head. When this is happing on a table I am on, I just tell myself "skills will when out in the long run so try and wait his hot streak out."

S

Sebarios59

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that when I am in a bad mood or with pessimistic feelings, it is best to stop playing because it is at that moment that I start to make more mistakes and blur the game that I should do.

Deedgee

Deedgee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's dangerous to be too high or low because neither of these emotions represents an accurate reflection of reality. Within the high and lows is a median, which is where the truth resides, outside of the swings that come with the ups and downs.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
A good strategy is to find the right measure to every decision you make. This concerns poker too. You must understand, when you must stop when you are earning and when you must stop when you are losing. This is a key decision. It is connected with psycology and with controlling your passions. It leads you to good results in the long term!:fight:

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you very much for the comments and for my time friends! Very constructive indeed!

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Optimism, pessimism and materiality of thought are not about poker.

In poker, everyone has the same white and black stripes. Usually the money that gets into your bankroll is not the result of big winnings, but the ability not to lose the available money where weak players would have lost.:)

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I totally agree. Poker is a very strategic game but it has a lot of luck. We can play in the best way, with the best cards and still we can lose the hand. That is where we must control the mind because if we continue to play in the right way, the long-term luck decreases markedly. And when we come with a very good streak, we feel that with any card we play the winning hand will come out. The mind is the key to everything.

Gonmar111

Gonmar111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I totally agree that pessimism affects the game, and bad vibes affect, sometimes I have an excellent hand, and when the flop, turn and river are drawn, I think that these cards do not appear and they just appear as I did not want I play like 5 to 10 games a day, and they happen to me if or if in 7 of them, I have to find another distraction at that moment, like listening to good music.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the book, I need it now more than ever.

R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I kind of believe that too, when we are in positive energy and we are willing to play everything goes well, now when we are negative or unmotivated to play, it seems that in a way this interferes in our game in a negative way, so when I am not 100 % to play I don't even register for anything