Not open for further replies.
lightning36

lightning36

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This has been really helpful since I got caught slow playing AA too many times. Got greedy and hoped to lure more players in, then lost to people who hit two runners or had some other hand I guessed wrong on.

G

gradin123

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No. Heads maybe. Full table you'd have to be a little slow in the head to slow play. You need to force out the weak hands. Aces is the best starting hand but that's it. Bet it fairly strong and if you are raised then re-raise.

IrishDave

IrishDave

A Member
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Spent most of the weekend playing $5 and $10 SNGs at Noble and Full Tilt. Got pocket aces 6 times, lost on all of them. Most frustrating was last tourney. I was in 1st position, raised 3xBB, everyone folds to the button who raises me same amount. I push all-in, guy calls with J-5o - yes he wins on the river...

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say yes. You have the best hand before the flop so you are in very good position. But, you also need to know when to fold if the flop is against you. Whenever I'm in a situation where I have little chips left and I get pocket aces, I go all in.

W

WesCharge

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Get it all in as soon as possible (pre flop) ass the more players, the more they will run them down....

L

LimingB

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
chipreese423 said:
Is AA worth slow playing preflop
Lets say u limp and no1 raises and sum1 flops 2 pair like 782 is the flop
and a guy has 78 how do you get away from the aces
you end up trapping urself any1 agree?
AA is good to slow play but I find that you check raise and go for the kill with an ALL IN.

BatistaJJ

BatistaJJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
raise it high, pick up the blinds or only have 1 guy to beat thats the only way or youll get stuck with the 2 pair and have to lay them down so never slow play the AA...its insulting to the kings of poker lol

S

swervin4

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah that is the ????? i am at middle position on this subject !!! allin depends if your at at a 9 or 10 handed table and what the players at table chip stack looks like compared to yours if you can afford to risk tournament life r whether it is ring game!!!also have to take in acctt yor position and what the blinds r if playing in a tourney.. preflop have too raise above the normal 3 times blind if slow playing them if win pot by your bet great but hate losing to some1 limping in in tournament situation!!! ring gaME ACCORDING IF YOU KNOW WHAT THE PLAYERS R LIKE TO GET THE MOST OF YOUR BEST HAND PREFLOP.. YEAH MAKES BIG DIFFERENCE IF IN TOURNAMENT r your in ring game the blinds and position play a very big roll how most players would play them

R

RynoHof05

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I use to slow play AA but not anymore i have found AA either wins a small pot or loses a big one since it is not easy to fold after any flop with AA

O

one 4 u

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
every time i slow play the aces i get burned, ive lost 4-5 hand like that. so any more i come out strong with then.

I

icepari

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should always bet high so only players with big cards or low pairs stay in the game if you don`t you can receive a 333 flop and i sucker with 34 suited hits you bad.Anyway against 2-3 opponents sometimes is better to slow play them cause if you don`t you will most probably get the blinds

R

realbigtall

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I will slowplay aces about 5-10% of the time. Sometimes I check them in BB if it gets folded around to SB who limps.

G

gotti725

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
chipreese423 said:
Is AA worth slow playing preflop
Lets say u limp and no1 raises and sum1 flops 2 pair like 782 is the flop
and a guy has 78 how do you get away from the aces
you end up trapping urself any1 agree?
i think unless you are heads up with someone and its down to the count then u may put all in with Poc A's but not with full table or loose players. Too many people and loose players mean chaser's and if u dont see an A on the borad to help its possible for a str to come for someone or possible 2 pr so it really depnds on the game what to do but i like many others have had Poc A's shoved down my Throat.

N

napoleon12

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I made the mistake of limping in one time with pocket rockets and ended up getting beat by someone with two low pairs in the big blind that got to see the flop for free.

M

MattS05

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
some of the advice on this site is rediculous....you should play AA very aggressively pre-flop, i usually bet 4-6X the big blind with aces......usually this will get your draw chasers out of your way.....i prefer to have aces 2-4 handed

M

masterz27

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, always remember it is better to win a small pot than to lose a big one, slow playing them just increases your chances of getting a bad beat.

D

dee_bug24

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i always all-in AA preflop if i slow play it never fells i get bet :vollkomme

L

Loreto

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play them hard early on also, slow playing them is a kiss of death for me.

W

Wlokos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA is not good to slowplay, because you let lots of straight/flush draw hands get to see the flop when they'd have to fold to a raise.

Raise early and hope for a good flop.

Of course, you've got to lay them down when the board ends up like 5678K... =P

M

methos

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you should play them like any other high pocket pair. Make a big bet, to chase on the people trying to limp in, but never assume it's the winning hand. I've had them at least 6 times this weekend, and they haven't won once. I was watching a game with Todd Brunson, he had them, the other guy had something hearts, and they raised each other til Todd forced him all in. In was obvious from the flop he was in trouble, and the announcers kept insisting he played them perfect. Hello? If he'd called instead of forcing the other guy all in, he could have seen the board go bad and run like hell. Just yesterday (hate to quote the pros, but it's apt) said the best thing u can learn is when to fold, and used AA as the example. People tend to think it's a sure thing. After all, it's just the best pair, nothing more. Course, like some of the other said, the table you're playing has some effect. Heh, oops, I've got AJ, and the flop is AAJ. THIS I think I'll slow play. Gotta go.

Sorry, credit where credits due. The pro I mentioned talking about folding, even if it's AA was Antonio. Flopping the boat threw me. Strangely enough, I won. Didn't make a lot, , can't with that flop, but enough.

Last edited:
P

p0p89

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had AA twice in a freeroll tourny about a week ago. On the first one I went all in pre-flop...everyone folded. I slowplayed the second set and made a lot more off from it. I'm glad to see all of this advice saying to go all in early because otherwise I might have gotten the wrong lesson from my experience. I mean that sincerely; I'm playing freerolls to get some NL tourny experience. This seems to be one of those things that doesn't transfer well from limit games. Thanks all.

J

jayb0ne

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I only slow play AA if I am UTG with 7+ players at the table. Otherwise I don't want that many people getting a cheap flop with calling hands such as k 10 and 67.

C

chpbooks

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a paid entry tourney,play them hard,in a freeroll you may as well slow play them because even if you go all in you're going to get some "quality player"calling with 47 off and hitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.