AA vs KK

R

RiverKing422

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm just curious to know how many times you've had aces and the other person had Kings or visa versa where you had kings and they had aces and what was the outcome.. I've had this happen a lot lately it is a setup hand most definitely.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
the logical ... I have won more with AA and I have lost more times with KK, they are also moustrous hands that are very difficult to fold ... and with either of them it is worth losing ... or winning !!!

grumblbrumbl

grumblbrumbl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have not got into such a situation. I think this will fix the fate soon.

Ronaldo7

Ronaldo7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm just curious to know how many times you've had aces and the other person had Kings or visa versa where you had kings and they had aces and what was the outcome.. I've had this happen a lot lately it is a setup hand most definitely.
Hundreds of times... I was even in hands AA KK QQ more than five times, but when you play online you see realy big number of hands so you have to get into those

jrgum25

jrgum25

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seen it plenty of times since I play online and it always winds up a big pot because most players can't fold AA or KK preflop. Usually Aces win but its poker so I've seen Kings win in that situation a handful of times.

B

bagoly696

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been an old poker player already. I've played all in with AA against KK.
Everything can come when K comes to KK then AA ends.
AA vs AA?

Last edited:
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On average a player is dealth KK one time per 52*51/2*6=221 hands, and because of blockers another player will then have AA one time per 50*49/2*6=204 hands. So from this simple math it follow, that in a heads-up math we will run KK into AA one time every 221x204=45.121 hands.

For a 6-max game we can divide this number with 5 and determine, that our KK will run into AA roughly every 9.000 hands. The last calculation is not 100% correct, but its close enough to give an idea. For full ring games the number drop further to 5.600 hands.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Such situations happen to me quite often. The results are also different.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On average a player is dealth KK one time per 52*51/2*6=221 hands, and because of blockers another player will then have AA one time per 50*49/2*6=204 hands. So from this simple math it follow, that in a heads-up math we will run KK into AA one time every 221x204=45.121 hands.

For a 6-max game we can divide this number with 5 and determine, that our KK will run into AA roughly every 9.000 hands. The last calculation is not 100% correct, but its close enough to give an idea. For full ring games the number drop further to 5.600 hands.

These numbers will be correct. But I think that in the evening I see it 2-3 times (with my own cards or with strangers, because these hands often reach the showdown). But I play for the evening much less than 5600 hands. I think it would be correct to say that I see such a situation every 300-400 hands, or even more often.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is one in 5.600 hands for you having KK and someone else AA at a 9 player table. For any player having KK and another AA, its 5.600/9 = 620. So there is nothing unusual about seing this multible times during an online session, especially not if you play full ring.

Last edited:
G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well this is a bit of mathematical poker.
A-A is superior to K-K 80% of the time. However in a pre-flop match between the two, if we think the villain has a pair of kings, the probability of winning now will be 50%
In my experience, about 50% of the time I had kings, I beat a couple of aces, and vice versa.
Greetings.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play about 3 hrs a day on average and I’d say that happens ever 2-4 weeks. Mostly AA hold as they should. Obviously sometimes KK win but nothing that doesn’t follow the odds

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I haven't had this type of hand lately but as i remember usually AA take win in this struggle.

douglaspineu

douglaspineu

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a killer hands, both players pay All-in in pre-flop always.

K

Karl Hernandez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just watched the pokerstars Stream of the EPT MAdrid.

Aces vs Kings preflop all-in.

Aces on the Flop.
King on the Turn

No more King on the River.

So Aces won, Guess that will be the case most of the times. (atleast it should be)

R

rickygstar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker is a cruel game AA VS KK are cold deck hands known as coolers .have won more times with AA than KKack keep a eye on stack sizes

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
AA vs KK , part of the game , when it happens it just happpenned , nothing more nothing less . If I win I am happy , especially when KK prevail with set or other way then LOL big time , if not , to the next hand or tournament . It's just luck , I cannot do anything to prevent it , so why should I get angry :)

What sometimes irritates me is KK vs Arag (A7,A6 , A5 , A4 , etc) , preflop he goes all in or he calls my shove or I raise he shoves I call and he hits Ace on the board ...gggrrrrrrr. :mad::mad: It's part of the game , it's just luck , but still :mad::mad: ........:eek:

R

RiverKing422

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play about 3 hrs a day on average and I’d say that happens ever 2-4 weeks. Mostly AA hold as they should. Obviously sometimes KK win but nothing that doesn’t follow the odds
I play 4-20 hours a day depending on my days, I see it everyday

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This happened to me a few times, but not many. Sometimes I had to win and it was very exciting. Other times I lost and it was really frustrating.
Greetings.

R

RiverKing422

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA vs KK , part of the game , when it happens it just happpenned , nothing more nothing less . If I win I am happy , especially when KK prevail with set or other way then LOL big time , if not , to the next hand or tournament . It's just luck , I cannot do anything to prevent it , so why should I get angry :)

What sometimes irritates me is KK vs Arag (A7,A6 , A5 , A4 , etc) , preflop he goes all in or he calls my shove or I raise he shoves I call and he hits Ace on the board ...gggrrrrrrr. :mad::mad: It's part of the game , it's just luck , but still :mad::mad: ........:eek:

I totally feel you there bro, it happens to me Alllllll the time

hachile1

hachile1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

it happens often especially at the pokerstars site, but playing live tournaments I realized that it's just the game, and it's nothing rigged ... otherwise I think we should never throw a hand such as AA , KK, or QQ you have to take the risk with these hands before the flop ... at the same time if you feel strongly that your hand is losing after the flop, at that moment you have to be calm and throw them

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like AA over KK because of the obvious reason that it is a better starting hand. I've lost many of hands with KK, I don't know why but it happens.