AA or KK: Which Do You Prefer? (edit note: previous title was AK or KK, but original post is AA or KK)

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AA

I have to choose AA over KK. I do like them both but I'll take AA every time I can get them.

S

stamark

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AA for sure.It's best starting hand.There is no doubt about that

G

Gnikace

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol anyone answering KK is an..... well, you know...

Filip Krstevski

Filip Krstevski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would go with AA because not a single hand has better % of winning pre-flop. But suddenly sometimes AA looses aswell, same with KK. But overall every monster hand is for respecting, don't feel good when you lose with monster hand. But after it sometimes you won over monster hand. So that's it, good luck to everybody, play TAG and earnings will join you. :)

C

colbear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No it is a silly idea that any one would like kk more than AA if you lose it doesn’t matter which one you have but before the betting starts if you don’t prefer the best hand it is time to move on and play bingo

luiaguila

luiaguila

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
preflop is very important to play them very strong hands and in the long term you will win more than you will lose AA and KK are hands that preflop you have to play them always even go allin if they force you

Fishmasterbaiter

Fishmasterbaiter

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Aa for sure

For me it's definitely American Airlines. seems every time I get pocket Kings I either get Beat by an odd Ace or pocket Jacks with trips

it may seem obvious but... i may disagree with you. i'm less disappointed with kings when they run into any Ax with an A on the board.... i feel like i should know better.

with aces, i feel like i should win.. and when i don't, well...

what about you?

Ragequit

Ragequit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No no no no. Just no. This is like asking someone if they prefer the number 14 or 15? Each of these two hands has a fixed amount of equity in the game which DOES NOT change preflop. AA has about 85% chance to win against a random hand and KK has 82%. When you have KK, you will face an Ace high flop a fixed number of times. The number of Ace high flops will even out to a fixed frequency in the long run. Even if our KK+ faces a TAG range of 10%-15% the Aces and Kings are still hideous monsters with fangs which are massive favourites (preflop).

Anyone who has been consistently losing with KK to A flops etc has just been getting lower than average results due to variance. Conversely anyone having their AA cracked a seemingly high amount is also experiencing variance. With 85% your hand is expected to win nearly 9 times out of every 10. This is enormous . 82% for KK is also huge equity. You will lose more money in the long run by not getting the money in with Kings than you will save from making horror folds in order to decrease your short term variance. If you have KK+ move in and know you're making a great decision. R

Last edited:
H

hellomynameiswhat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They didn't say preflop. So it depends on where and when. Of course if a K is on the flop then there is that. I tend to worry when the A flops and I have kk. In general I am trying to go all in preflop because I am behind in a tourney or go smaller bc I only hv a pair. Tend to loose too much money to two pair.

Ragequit

Ragequit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They didn't say preflop. So it depends on where and when. Of course if a K is on the flop then there is that. I tend to worry when the A flops and I have kk. In general I am trying to go all in preflop because I am behind in a tourney or go smaller bc I only hv a pair. Tend to loose too much money to two pair.
Preflop, im moving with these hands. Every time. Whatever happens postflop is just statistical noise.

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The obvious math say AA, but with my luck and pokerstars.... i always loose haha. almost like KK more

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
22 would be more fun ))) well, if the flop get))

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like AA more and I win most of them, on KK I often lose to players with cards - AK-AQ-AJ-A10 and so on, so for me it's better when I play AA, I'm sure 70% I will win - but there are also misses, but most of them play well!

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitively Aces... they win more often so why should I prefer
a weaker hand instead...

But that is only true for poker... On PokerStars I would prefer KK...
Just finished another Elementary Tourny there...
Saw AA being played 6 times...
Lost 5 times....

Digitaljesus1

Digitaljesus1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont even understand what is asked here. AA is always better than KK. The only way I can see somebody defending KK over AA is linked with psychology - let's say that it hurts less when you lose hand with KK. On the other hand, if you look at bigger picture here, both hands are really good and losing any of them would hurt anyway, so there is no point in arguing that KK is better than AA.

N

NickNation

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a very good question. I have logged 100s of hands from play online and the winner is ......:fight:

AA 48% wins overall

But wait...

:pcguru:

KK 87% win overall.

Wow! Hands down.

not sure if you're joking, but my stats are telling a similar story. everyone replied like im an idiot, but i never even said which hand is better.. i said what do you like more lol. you dont have to like AA just because its technically better.... in my experience, KK makes more money :)

S

spottedflyer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its about the same for me, i have lost with aces more than i have won, so i guess my favorite are kings :)

F

FreeDom1998

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course AA is superior to KK, but I would like these pocket cards not to lose

freddy66

freddy66

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lmfao.....ok ill share....

im comin off a weekend where i played kk 22 times overall in tournys and got it handed to me an unbeliveable 18 times...had jj to suck j on river....had qq suck out q on river and many more hands i cant remember,although i did keep up with the number of kk hands,because i was getting beat on them so much,lol,so.......id have to say i prefer aa.......LMFAO....good luck on the felts baby!:cool:

ledsmith

ledsmith

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Everyone likes AA more. And I'm no exception.

F

felipeanicio

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The mistake is to think that with AA you should always win, the possibility of gain is greater so I prefer AA to KK, but it goes the way you play and to know how to make a good reading of the table. The great player is the one who knows the time to give up.