AA or KK: Which Do You Prefer? (edit note: previous title was AK or KK, but original post is AA or KK)

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA is obviously better than KK but will not always beat out KK.

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I lose more often with AA especially against low cards that hit a pair on the flop. KK is easier to hide, but if an ACE shows up on the flop you might as well through the KK away cuz for sure somebody has another Ace to go with it and beat you

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I just do the math, what the chance to win with any hand, so I prefer AA.
With any hand u have a % to lose, so it will always happens, just accept.

kratos

kratos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer KK; I don't know why but I have a special feeling for pocket's kings.Of course AA is stronger than KK but I go with the kings.

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's much better to have a pair of Ace than pair Kings. I already lost some hands for being with a pair of kings and the opponent with Ax and hit the ace. ...

Kingpoetmusic

Kingpoetmusic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always get outdrawn with KK. It seems ace rag always hits an Ace on me. I have lost like a hundred times with KK vs Ax.

Much rather have the rockets. Thank you. Goodluck!

V

vpashuta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA because it's a better hand. Why would anyone like KK better?

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AA or KK

This is a very good question. I have logged 100s of hands from play online and the winner is ......:fight:

AA 48% wins overall

But wait...

:pcguru:

KK 87% win overall.

Wow! Hands down.

guccipix

guccipix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop: AA. I’m always positive about getting it all in pre with aces, when i look at aces and someone shoves I feel like I have a super power ready to be unleashed. Post flop play, I think I actually like KK better. If you flop a set with KK you can still be against an opponent who believes they have the best hand, whereas if you flop a set with AA it’s hard to get action from weaker hands since there’s an ace on the board. Also, I have no problems folding KK post flop if it looks sticky, but AA can be a death sentence.

proud2Bwhack

proud2Bwhack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like 76s better than either. But AA is ahead more, though on a personal note KK has brought me more money somehow...

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Me and KK have a bad relationship and not on speaking terms atm so I would have to go with AA. In fact I would go any premium hand before KK right now give me QQ JJ &1010.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, the obvious is obvious, so it's always better than AA.

Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haha - is this a joke? It's not subjective. AA is a better hand mathematically, and as a poker player you should acknowledge this and use it to your advantage.

I

Igor An

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I KK, almost always someone AA, this love more AA))

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Quite a weird question. Of course I prefer AA

N

NickNation

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi.
It's best to find a job and start making money.
Good luck.

a job? like trolling poker forums? ;)

i guess everyone forgets AA loses one out of every 5 times to other pocket pairs... and its so hard not to hate them for it. when i have kings, i can easily get away from aces preflop when people know what they're doing. when i have aces, i'm reckless and always trying to get it all in preflop.. and i guess call it karma but sometimes it hurts

N

NickNation

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
and yes, this is obviously a weird question but when i was in vegas i saw those souvenir card holders.. you know, the big coins basically... and right beside the AA one there was a KK one.. and it got me thinking....

when i start thinking about poker, i like bouncing my thoughts off of other people. i didnt buy either of them, but if i did i think i may have cowboyed up... just saying lol

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA, slide them over here and I will show you what to do with them !

Good luck !

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
They are just pairs, and it is difficult to win with just one pair. It is a kind of overvalued condition. I see players with AA or KK raising and raising and the board has a flush or straight or a full possibility and then there it is when cards are shown!!

Deniskin89

Deniskin89

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the combination of the two. but my experience KK wins more often.