AA early/ late in tournament

Q

quads

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sure that this has come up before but, being new here, I haven't seen it.
Here's the situation: You're late in a tournament and 3 people all in in front of you. You hold AA. What do you do? What would you do if it were the WSOP main event and 1 person all in in front of you?

What I'm looking for is not only what you would do, but also why.

Opening post actually has two questions here? I responded to the wsop one. Yet, if it was the WSOP final table and 3 all-ins in front of me, I would still call.

Last edited:
F

fastplay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had a hand just like this last week. I called , and was up against 1010 JJ KK. J on the flop :/, and that was it.

aquadad

aquadad

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I asked this question because it was asked of many pros at the WSOP 2 yrs ago. Everyone of them said that they would fold against players that they thought they could outplay later on. And would ony consider calling all in if they thought it was their only chance to beat a few of the better players.

aquadad

aquadad

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the ? was asked of them in early stages of the tournament. I added the late part out of curiosity.

P

pastel deck

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i'm thinking, if these are loose players that will keep calling all in, better to take your chances w this hand.

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sure that this has come up before but, being new here, I haven't seen it.
Here's the situation: You're late in a tournament and 3 people all in in front of you. You hold AA. What do you do? What would you do if it were the WSOP main event and 1 person all in in front of you?

What I'm looking for is not only what you would do, but also why.

Yes, this has been an article before (`folding AA` I think)

It is also in one of Dan Harringtons books - he says folding would possible be a decent move.

However, we need a lot more info. Chip sizes, payouts, etc.

If all the stacks were even, then I would go allin. You can`t fold AA when u know u r fav at this time. Also, if all of the stacks were even then 3 of the 4 would go out (unless there is an unlikely split pot) Then u would be joint 2nd (I think???)

If I was way behind I would fold. This is probably the best chance you have of moving up the money.

aquadad

aquadad

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanx all, and thanx Ronaldadio! I'm new here and I'm not sure how to even search for a thread yet though. I did use the link to yours and found alot more people willing to fold than I see here.

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
100% chance I would call. Really, folding would have to be the pussy move unless you are so far in debt and if you fold the money is life changing.

I play poker to win, I take my chances here....

Paranormal

Paranormal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
one player all in i call.. 2 or 3 then i think long and hard and recall hands and betting by players and figure out bubble and cash options... duh

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
oh god not this again!

the simple answer is that the vast majority of the time you call, but it's possible to engineer specific situations in which folding would be best.

/thread