AA All-in

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Would you go All-in with Ace´s UTG preflop. I see so many players do it with AA or any monster hand just to get the antes. Raise, yes to get some action, just can not see the reason for all-in. Am I missing something.

J

Joselmb31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Players who don't have much knowledge usually make that play, for my part, I don't think I know how to play, but I wouldn't do that either. If it would raise, as appropriate, because I do not let see free cards, but not go all in having many to speak behind. I would prefer and it would be more comfortable to call an all in against a 99 or TT with that hand and in that position.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Yesterday in some tournament's FT were lucky enough to get AA two consecutive hands. First it was kinda disappointing since everyone folded before i'd even make move but luckily the following hand folloed someone's all-in and eventually eliminated him so ... :cool:

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Plug your hand into a odds calculator to get an idea but if you/re in early position playing a freeroll or low buyin tourn with folks that don't know starting hands then your odds go down dramatically with AA the more people call. Another reason why folks say position matters so much.

C

Clutchdenier

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe he was using his image as a LAG and used that to his advantage? I've done it and been called - you hate to see it when everyone insta folds though

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it depends of the situation, but usually I don't go all in when I'm UTG with AA, except if I'm very short stacked. In that position I usually call waiting for a raise or make a 3-4x BB raise.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA is like a red rag for a bull. The amateur considers this hand not to be killed, believing in the myth that AA, like any other hand, is a monster just a tool.

vonabruch

vonabruch

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually limp or raise to 2.5 - 3 bb

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It all depends on the situation but it makes some sense !!! For example, if there are a lot of weak players at the table who call very often or you have less than 25-15bb or before that you played very aggressively !!! In general, the situations are different and you need to watch the game at the table, but if you have little experience in the game, it is better to go all-in than limp and then complain about failure !!!

Bennoda

Bennoda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sometimes AA is a push sometimes AA is a reraise sometimes AA is a raise always depends on the stage of the tournament and the depth of the stack in different ways, but very rarely you can fold aces

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Would you go All-in with Ace´s UTG preflop. I see so many players do it with AA or any monster hand just to get the antes. Raise, yes to get some action, just can not see the reason for all-in. Am I missing something.

Much depends on the opponents you play with. Sometimes an all-in in this situation is the best option. But in general everything is relative and it is impossible to say that there is one and the most correct scenario of actions as it is necessary to consider many components.

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Just raise, no need to go all in.

J

johnsonmad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually slow play my pocket aces. Hoping another player raises pre-flop. If that happens I would I call them or raise. If they don’t raise based on the flop cards I may bet.

R

ruco72

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually I don’t go all-in preflop. It seems a waste to me and sometimes the flop will make you be more cautious about the strength of you hand…

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly it depends. I've played aces in so many ways and have succeeded and failed with them. Rather it's early or late position, limp or raise, or even go all in. The no.1 fact about pocket Aces is that they are not guaranteed that you're going to win.

Sometimes I don't like to go all in preflop with Aces because everybody folds to you and you would really like to see a flop with that hand. Different perspectives for everybody I'm just stating my experiences with them.

M

Mariadelaluz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do it every time. Becuase it the strongest pair.

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have the image of a maniac at the table, then you should definitely go all in, you will get paid. Well, if you play tight, I would open 2bb and if I got a 3bet, push.

johnnylawford

johnnylawford

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

How many blinds deep? It really depends on how short you are, and the likelihood of getting called by worse. If you're below 15bb and are deep in a bounty MTT as the table short stack it's a lot different than shoving AA for 300bb in a full ring cash game.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Sometimes I do the same. There are different situations, different opponents and tournaments with different structures. That is, I mean that it is worth discussing and considering each individual case, not the situation as a whole.

mavrulit

mavrulit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try not to go all-in pre-flop, but if there is a player who went all-in and I have a monster hand, I call. I don’t understand those who bet everything preflop in any situation.

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I always act according to the situation, but very occasionally I play all-in from early position, it all depends on the players who are playing at the table! But in the early stages of the tournament, pocket AA needs to be played very aggressively, as you will be called very often with trash hands! I'm certainly not a professional in this matter, but I think that many will agree with me! Good luck at the tables!

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You're right in deep stacks it doesn't make sense. But there are times when you can play AA like that.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes is it OK to move directly all in especially at micro stakesRezultatele t

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Plug your hand into a odds calculator to get an idea but if you/re in early position playing a freeroll or low buyin tourn with folks that don't know starting hands then your odds go down dramatically with AA the more people call. Another reason why folks say position matters so much.

The is so true. The more people in an all in hand is not good for the monster hands.