As a Poker Lifestyle, do you drink alcohol while playing???

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I imagine what it must have been like. I don't usually drink while playing. Maybe one day I'll do an experiment.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I tend to drink beer while playing. While I try to keep it in moderation, I must confess that in one tournament, while doing fairly well, I actually fell asleep! Can (or will?) anyone share a similar experience?
This happened to me too, but it was a long time ago. Now I drink alcohol very rarely, and if I do I never play poker. In my opinion, alcohol and poker should not be combined.

mervin88

mervin88

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
fell asleep coz super sleepy but not because of alcohol

L

legend309

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Don't drink and play poker, it never worked out for me before so I just steer clear lol

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I never drink alchool during poker, maybe a little after, but just a little

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2-3 times a year it happens that I play in a state of intoxication. But I think it's very wrong...

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Sometimes playing for fun is nice to drink a cold one, if playing an important tournament is a no for me.

K

KING1805

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I never drink alcohol when I play poker. I feel like I could not focus on the game if I did.

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've never played drunk, but there was a story, my friend very drunk dialed an express from several football matches, he barely hit the keys and won $ 800

B

barstool

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
More often than I should! lol but I do like a casual drink while playing Poker :)

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
No, I don´t drink alcohol when I play. I probably will lose my focus and you want to avoid that.

TatyanaT

TatyanaT

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I usually drink beer while I play. While I'm trying to keep it in moderation, I must admit that in one tournament, performing pretty well, I really fell asleep! Maybe (or will it be?) anyone to share a similar experience?
Yes, beer is sometimes possible, but it's better not to abuse it, you make a lot of wrong decisions!

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
when I don't was need the money I won with freeroll poker, I drank alcohol, I liked it a lot the beer and vodka, now that I need to buy food with the money I won in poker, I don't drink while, when I played drunk I always lost all the money with game moves stupid encouraged by alcohol

ipagan

ipagan

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I personally don't drink alcohol while playing, especially in online. For me it's a question of attitude to the game - if you are just having fun while playing and playing not the results or to get better, or learn something, so why not to have a cup of beer or smth. When I play offline with friends that would be only with alcohol :D Because firstly you are just hanging out with friends and during that process sometimes you play poker as just a fun game 🍻

oleg8519

oleg8519

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I'm trying not to mix seratonin production with alcohol, but if on this day when playing was a holiday, I sit down and play drunk

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
from alcohol during the game there are only problems, although of course the percentage of 3-bet in a bluff will be higher than usual):ROFLMAO:

TaNIAnT

TaNIAnT

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Nothing more than beer to be in close to clear mind)

badbanking79

badbanking79

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DK
Chips
Haha, never fell a sleep in a tourney, but it has happened I am having a beer, then I do very well in tourney, like the other day when the tourney ended up in taking 7 hours I was a bit tipsy towards the end.

But I do poker for fun mostly, so I dont mind having few beers while playing

Sash_XXL

Sash_XXL

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
In private Homegames i Drink some Beer in official tournaments i don‘t Drink Alcohol

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I tend to drink beer while playing. While I try to keep it in moderation, I must confess that in one tournament, while doing fairly well, I actually fell asleep! Can (or will?) anyone share a similar experience?
I don't drink alcohol when I play poker, but sometimes I can drink a few cans of beer to relax and take a break from a hard day. When I play poker drunk, I make a lot of bad decisions and can lose a significant part of my bankroll. Therefore, it is forbidden for me to drink and play together)😁

Falzee

Falzee

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I never get drunk while playing, maybe only 2 or 3 beers while playing. No different than water or iced tea to me. But, nonetheless, the alcohol does have a tendency to dull the senses, and/or cause a lack of concentration. Definitely not the best idea to consume any alcohol while playing.

coldwest

coldwest

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PL
Chips
Naah bro, this is so unprofessional. If you want to achieve good results, u should never do that

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I don't drink alcohol while playing poker, they're not compatible hahaha

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
No, I don't drink while I play. I stick with water m juice or Coke.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No drinking and playing. I prefer to be alert and attentive while playing poker.