A happy terrifying mistake

UnTalTales

UnTalTales

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A while ago, after meeting all the requirements demanded by the poker room, I had just permanently obtained $ 10 that I had received as a welcome bonus (without any deposit). I was happy because, apart from having become the legal owner of those $ 10, I had doubled them, despite being completely new to the game. So, I had something over $ 20, and they were completely mine, mine, mine.

Until then, I had only played "micro buy-in" tournaments ($ 0.02 - $ 0.20) and decided to invest the huge sum of $ 1 on a tournament for more affluent people, just to celebrate my $ 20. I wanted to get to know that world of successful people who can afford to spend $ 1 on poker games.

I prepared myself for the occasion accordingly. I think, if I remember correctly, that I even took a bath, although it still did not correspond to me.

The issue is that, I looked for a long time the options and I decided to invest in a game of two tables (18 players) that paid the top five. I selected the corresponding row and, when the counter reached 17 players (I have to wait for that moment when there is only one available chair, because of the adrenaline, you know?). I clicked the "REGISTER" button, verified the decision in the pop up and, almost immediately, the table opened. I was happy as a loose wild lion at an ecological rally.

All was well until, after the first hand, from which I retired, I absentmindedly looked at my balance. What the hell! An icy terror ran through every cell of my body, my eyes jumped out of their sockets, my heart stopped and ... well, it seems to me that I tousled a little. Faint, completely confused, I heard my own panting voice coming from from the depths of my own spirit: «Look, there's $ 10 left». He paused, as if searching for the right tone, and sentenced: « You sent yourself a pack of shit!»

Almost without strength, I looked at the window of the game lobby and, damn!, the buy-in was $ 10, not $ 1, which verified that I had made a completely stupid mistake. But...

As the ancients said, "a story is a story". And so it is: the gods always recognize their own people (even the pitiful ones like me), albeit not in public, so they lifted me from the ashes, breathed new life into me and, voila, I finished second and won $ 20.49. Amazing!, unbelievable!, unreal!, extraordinary, like every human being!

That's life, a stupid mistake led me to an unexpected end and to earn enough to buy my first apartment and hire two nuns and two Thai masseurs for a week (I did not find nuns masseurs available).

Moral: never let yourself be overcome by despair when you make a mistake, especially if you have the gods on your side...

Dear friends, I wanted to share with you this humble anecdote, knowing that you have nothing better to do.

With much appreciation.

Last edited:
puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You bought into a tourney for $10, finished second and only got $20 for it? But this was enough to hire nuns and masseuses in Thailand for a week?? Damn why am I living in canada?

shykarno

shykarno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
funny story. good motivation will lead to success. gl hf

UnTalTales

UnTalTales

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You bought into a tourney for $10, finished second and only got $20 for it? But this was enough to hire nuns and masseuses in Thailand for a week?? Damn why am I living in Canada?
Hi puzzlefish,

The story is real, and I wrote it directly here last night. There is a rule for writers that says: we must let the writing rest for a while, then review it and correct what is necessary. Well, I did not, so you are right: there are several mistakes. Anyway, the essentials are there: D

Canada is one of the most interesting countries in the world for creative people. So, be creative and you'll be fine. Forget the nuns. The moose are more interesting.

Ovuvuevuevue

Ovuvuevuevue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm glad everything worked out! That payout for second place seems really low though but I like the message of the story: to persevere even when in unfamiliar situations.

UnTalTales

UnTalTales

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm glad everything worked out! That payout for second place seems really low though but I like the message of the story: to persevere even when in unfamiliar situations.
Hello Ovuvuevuevue,

I do not know why I put that they were only $ 20 for the second place. I guess it's the effect of insomnia. When I went to correct it an hour later it was no longer possible to do so. Thus I discovered that in Cardschat the term of edition is restricted, something that does not happen in some literary forums in which I have participated. There it is normal to write and correct with the help of colleagues.

I'm glad the message is understood. Also, I agree to go to the coffee shop. If you pay ;)

I found the real data::

02/27/2015 - €50 Gtd Turbo - €1.82+€0.18 - 2/50 - €20.47

$ 2 in buy-in, 50 players, second place, €20.47

As you can see, the buy-in was much more humble :p and the prize was 10 times higher than that buy-in. :D

Have a great weekend.

R

rafffinamore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
best option for those who start in the micro, is to try to play where the fields are smaller, so you try to decrease the variance to not lower your bankroll, SnG 18 players, 9 players, is a great option! I played a lot already in this buy in to consolidate my game, but I do not volume because I do not have much time, I play just for fun ..

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A while ago, after meeting all the requirements demanded by the poker room, I had just permanently obtained $ 10 that I had received as a welcome bonus (without any deposit). I was happy because, apart from having become the legal owner of those $ 10, I had doubled them, despite being completely new to the game. So, I had something over $ 20, and they were completely mine, mine, mine.

Until then, I had only played "micro buy-in" tournaments ($ 0.02 - $ 0.20) and decided to invest the huge sum of $ 1 on a tournament for more affluent people, just to celebrate my $ 20. I wanted to get to know that world of successful people who can afford to spend $ 1 on poker games.

I prepared myself for the occasion accordingly. I think, if I remember correctly, that I even took a bath, although it still did not correspond to me.

The issue is that, I looked for a long time the options and I decided to invest in a game of two tables (18 players) that paid the top five. I selected the corresponding row and, when the counter reached 17 players (I have to wait for that moment when there is only one available chair, because of the adrenaline, you know?). I clicked the "REGISTER" button, verified the decision in the pop up and, almost immediately, the table opened. I was happy as a loose wild lion at an ecological rally.

All was well until, after the first hand, from which I retired, I absentmindedly looked at my balance. What the hell! An icy terror ran through every cell of my body, my eyes jumped out of their sockets, my heart stopped and ... well, it seems to me that I tousled a little. Faint, completely confused, I heard my own panting voice coming from from the depths of my own spirit: «Look, there's $ 10 left». He paused, as if searching for the right tone, and sentenced: « You sent yourself a pack of shit!»

Almost without strength, I looked at the window of the game lobby and, damn!, the buy-in was $ 10, not $ 1, which verified that I had made a completely stupid mistake. But...

As the ancients said, "a story is a story". And so it is: the gods always recognize their own people (even the pitiful ones like me), albeit not in public, so they lifted me from the ashes, breathed new life into me and, voila, I finished second and won $ 20.49. Amazing!, unbelievable!, unreal!, extraordinary, like every human being!

That's life, a stupid mistake led me to an unexpected end and to earn enough to buy my first apartment and hire two nuns and two Thai masseurs for a week (I did not find nuns masseurs available).

Moral: never let yourself be overcome by despair when you make a mistake, especially if you have the gods on your side...

Dear friends, I wanted to share with you this humble anecdote, knowing that you have nothing better to do.

With much appreciation.

Perseverance and optimism go a long way in poker and in life!

Good luck buddy !

A

andrewallenschutter

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe in Jesus Christ, not God's.

UnTalTales

UnTalTales

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
but I do not volume because I do not have much time, I play just for fun ..
Hi rafffinamore,

I also play for fun, but...

After years playing between one and four hours, once or twice a week, and having taken breaks of more than a year, I am thinking about making my first deposit to play a couple of hours on work days and something else during the weekend, as long as I do not have anything more interesting to do, like shaving camels or training turtles for the circus my mother runs.

Seriously speaking, I always felt that these type of games were a waste of time. Life is too precious to spend sitting behind some cards. But the years have made me wiser, so ... I still think the same, hahaha. The only difference is that I now include a "who cares?"

I do not know what is happening to me. I can not speak seriously. It's strange, I have not eaten clowns for a long time. And I'm not even funny... :eek:

I better stop.

Read my signature ;)

PS,: I'll think about the "smaller fields" idea.

Last edited:
UnTalTales

UnTalTales

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Perseverance and optimism go a long way in poker and in life! Good luck buddy !
Well, most of my friends know me as a pessimist. A cheerful and smiling pessimist.

Good luck Poker_Mike!