A game of 20 questions to determine if you are a problem gambler

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
In the linked article, Ashley Adams has provided a list of 20 questions geared toward gamblers, in particular, taken from the Gamblers Anonymous organization. He posted his answers with more of a spin on poker.

Are there any other questions you could add to this list?

20 Questions: Do I Have a Gambling Problem, or is it Just Poker?

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After losing, did you ever hit sombody or break some stuff?

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cool concept with 20 questions. Here are some questions I've thought about adding :D

- Have you lost at a certain buy-in or stakes and then succumbed to an urge to play higher buy-in or stakes? (One type of tilt as described in Johnathan Little's book Excelling at Holdem Games.

- Have you ever had a desire to play 72o?...if yes, you have a problem ;)

- Has poker ever negatively influenced your personal life outside of the game?

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All questions are posed one-sidedly and are aimed completely at a false answer, this is my opinion.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Didnt have to go even beyond question nr 1 there to see how brilliant they are ...

And even that the very first question - answer would be yes although i have not skipped school lessons because of gambling although there have been some other "reasons" ...

olfabiolo

olfabiolo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The questions are for all of US poker players, who have never been through this situation or asked the same questions, or asked you, but in this post the creator answers in the way that all of us in a false reality would like to answer, because in the end the "no" answers would all become "yes"! and so it would continue yes, a fact.

Last edited:
Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I really don't think you have a gambling problem Shel. ;)

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello to all.
It seemed to me that some questions imply the same meaning only are formed in different ways

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the linked article, Ashley Adams has provided a list of 20 questions geared toward gamblers, in particular, taken from the Gamblers Anonymous organization. He posted his answers with more of a spin on poker.

Are there any other questions you could add to this list?

20 Questions: Do I Have a Gambling Problem, or is it Just Poker?

I would add this question: " Is playing poker your only source of entertainment, to the exclusion of other forms of entertainment in which you could interact with your family?"

Related Gambling Guides: AU Gambling - CA Gambling - UK Gambling - NZ Gambling - Online Gambling Top 10 Games