Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
One needs a clear head to be able to play optimally.
Personally I can't have any stuff going on when trying to play my best on the tables. Any types of stress can be brutal! ... feeling sick about losing money I can't afford to lose would be enough to have me fk'ing up like crazy!

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey PatriceM915,

Never gamble what you cannot afford to lose buddy :) Forgive yourself and do not let it happen again!

Poker can really get addictive and the temptation to get a big payday instantly is a fairytale that many never realize.

Use the freerolls to build a bankroll and develop the discipline that you need. I am still working on my leaks but happy that I am making progress.

Set goals for the game and join others who are doing the same. This is a wonderful community with a lot going on. Do not get overwhelmed by it all. Go slow and steady.

I took a Zero Bankroll Builder Challenge and made some good progress. Feel free to join me and we can support each other.

Play poker responsibly and have fun!

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You must review these games and your attitudes as soon as possible, you must not play with money that you cannot lose, you are not responsible, in addition, if you want to continue playing poker without problems in the future, start controlling your bankroll, study to improve your skills techniques and skills is very important as well.
And the most important thing is to play at the limit that you can pay and preferably win.

nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think it's worth taking a big break and learning poker well, including bankroll management

mateuszjason

mateuszjason

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Ask yourself if you enjoy playing or if it tires and stresses you out.

If you love the game take a break if it annoys you let it go and give up.

Knowing life, you will take a break and start playing again.

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
We must understand that few people can win big money. You have to play poker for fun. And small limits are enough for this. Therefore, if you don't have a lot of extra money, you should not risk a lot of money.

044hero

044hero

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Give up - is the lastest thing in this life that you should do in any case. Take a break, find humility, meditate and come back stronger that you was before.
Try to improve ur skills, and play freerolls only for some time) Just don't hang your nose)

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I can say that if you borrow poker money and can't repay it, you're in serious trouble, buddy. If you're taking money, it should be money you can afford, not expect you to win and give it back. Take a break and work on the game.

meagain00

meagain00

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I can't sleep thinking about it every day. I borrowed $500 from my credit card to play poker and lost. I can't afford it now. And interest rates will increase over time.
Should I take a break or stop playing poker for good?
Yes, a break will help a lot. Don't let poker arruin your life. Take a deep breath, relax, soon you'll be back.

It's important ask for help whenever you need. We can give you some advice, but there are some specialized service for this kind of situations, like https://www.begambleaware.org/

GL

meagain00

wilmer907907

wilmer907907

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it is better to rest, meditate and study a bit and after that return with all the irons

juan1579

juan1579

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
A break when things aren't going well is great, but never retire.

JappsPK

JappsPK

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You certainly should take a big break. Losing $500, if you are not rich, is too much. Even for rich people, being -500 is something, an alert. Take care. Wish you all the best!

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I can't sleep thinking about it every day. I borrowed $500 from my credit card to play poker and lost. I can't afford it now. And interest rates will increase over time.
Hi.
You made a mistake, but it's not the end of the world. Take a break, think about how to repay the debts, rest and come back.
But, remember, you can only play in freerolls :) Set yourself such a limit and soon your poker affairs will be much better.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The golden rule is never to gamble with money borrowed:devilish:, you need to take a break, pay back borrowed , and then just continue playing poker again.;)

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
you need to take a break and rethink your approach to the game and building a bankroll

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
ooo never play the money that you can afford to lose !!!! if you dont have money to play , dont play !!! take a break and think what you can afford to lose , at least

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey Patrice,

Sounds terrible, I mean your hard-working money went to the dust.

It would be just nice to overthink what went wrong, on what games you lost your money and how you played them?
I'm sure if you could split up this 500$ into several buy-ins, you won't go broke at all - having said that, next time if you want to have another shot, just try to play more games from the money you invest in, and simply don't put in way too much cash which can cause you very uncomfortable moments in your personal life. Cause first is your life, and to live it happily or gladly! :)

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
stop playing, if you're borrowing to gamble/play poker that isn't great

GERSteven

GERSteven

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Hello,
I wouldn't take a break from playing poker but I wouldn't keep depositing money hoping to win back the deficit this is the start of a gambling addiction for me and will only drag you down deeper! learn from your mistake and everything will be fine 500 is not the world it could be much worse :) Apart from that, poker may not be a pure game of chance, but luck is still part of it, above all always remember online you not only play against other players but also always against the program ! all the best for the future and GL

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, PatriceM915! I can to say to You only one about this question: You necessary take a Break Time anyway!
But to continue or not to continue play in Poker, this is a more difficult question... And in this important case You necessary to decide self!

staytrue001

staytrue001

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
To begin with, you need to work on repaying the debt, while it is better to play and train on the demo balance, do not try to recoup

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would not recommend giving up but taking a break is mandatory.

As for thinking about it. I get your concerns and you need to fix the debt issue but there is a bigger possible issue you need to think about. Why did you go broke? This is something you really need to look at. Depending on the type of game your playing "cash or Tournaments" with $500.00 you should not go broke to quickly if using proper bankroll management. You could start with 3.30 games and be properly bankrolled for 150BI and once you dropped 50BI drop to the 2.20 and lower as needed. You could in theory and depending on the site not cash one time and still play over 500 tournaments, this way.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you should stop playing until you pay off your debts. Otherwise, mental health is under great threat and, accordingly, your future life. A rather banal rule is to play with the money that you do not mind losing and their loss will not affect your financial condition. Should you return to the game, there are many factors in the most important bank call management. If you have played 10 $50 tournaments you have just shot yourself in the foot, if you have played with an average ABI of $3-4 then it is worth working on the game and quite thoroughly. The ideal option for you is to play CardChat freerolls and ban deposits for six months. At pokerstars, there was such a function at one time that saved me from bankruptcy and life under a bridge in a box.

paddyswarrior

paddyswarrior

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
Definitely take a break and stay away from poker completely for a while. Why did you borrow so much and what was your intention?

paddyswarrior

paddyswarrior

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
I would not recommend giving up but taking a break is mandatory.

As for thinking about it. I get your concerns and you need to fix the debt issue but there is a bigger possible issue you need to think about. Why did you go broke? This is something you really need to look at. Depending on the type of game your playing "cash or Tournaments" with $500.00 you should not go broke to quickly if using proper bankroll management. You could start with 3.30 games and be properly bankrolled for 150BI and once you dropped 50BI drop to the 2.20 and lower as needed. You could in theory and depending on the site not cash one time and still play over 500 tournaments, this way.
This is not the right response to someone that just borrowed $500 from a credit card to play poker.. this response only makes it seem ok

He needs to stay away from poker for a good while and if he thinks he has a gambling issue, which clearly points that way then maybe he should consider staying away from poker altogether.