5-minute break, good or bad?

J

jesusali1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After every hour there is a break, at my pace of play that affects me because even when I am understanding the type of play of the opponents at my table, that break makes me lose focus and return to collect new data because in the end some players come back with another way of playing, I put it in consideration of you, good or bad break.

psycodelic1

psycodelic1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bro its super necesary less to go bathroom ... lmao

H

Higino_santos

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
After every hour there is a break, at my pace of play that affects me because even when I am understanding the type of play of the opponents at my table, that break makes me lose focus and return to collect new data because in the end some players come back with another way of playing, I put it in consideration of you, good or bad break.

for me is totally necessary, to go to bethroom, or even to refresh the mind and make new strategies.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
I can't believe that this question was even asked, Of course we need the breaks, if you lose focus during the break it means that you need to work on your game, the breaks will always be there. Game play often changes after the breaks.

:top:

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely need the five minute break. A chance to go to bathroom if necessary, grab a drink/snack, and just to get up and move around for a few minutes. Imagine playing a 9 hour tournament without a break!

filippfilm

filippfilm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

Good question . For me, 5 minutes is very little, since I need to be in time for everything and put the kettle on and eat quickly and go wash. It would be much better if the break was 10 minutes:)

Thiagon

Thiagon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
This interval is essential. Both to go to the bathroom and to get something to eat. Mainly in long tournaments.
I prefer the 5 minute break to letting sitting out and risking missing an AA or KK.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it is perfect, I like when the break begins to count when the action is finished in all the tables, another option could be the first break of 10 minutes after 2 hours, but I think it is fine how the breaks are handled:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In general, for beginners, a normal poker session should be around 1-2 hours. If you are a professional gambler, then it can vary from 2 to 8 hours, but at the same time with short breaks to satisfy physical needs.

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its ok with 5 minutes break, more it to long.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Learn to control the situation-well, a break is necessary to do the necessary things.5 minutes is not so much to lose the thread of the game.

Bojackondrugs

Bojackondrugs

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

Sometimes you need to go to the bathroom, a break can be good.

Z

zeist2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
5 minutes break is fine by me. Longer is not good for your focus.

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The break is good as others have said for the snack grab or pee break. The only time that I do not like the break is when you have just reached the final table and the break starts. I find that I am anxious to get er done at that point, and so I do not want that break

PC91

PC91

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the 5 minute break. It's exactly what i need.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Breaks are nice when you in large field and they can run 8 to 10 hours. I'd be very surprised to see anyone not wanting a break. from what you mentioned, you should be asking about switching tables.

K

krism13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion we need longer breaks both online and live play. Simply not enough time to prepare a proper meal, or even handle your personal business.

M

MimiMLZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes it is important

I think it is important to take a break especially after 4 hours of game

M

MimiMLZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In general, for beginners, a normal poker session should be around 1-2 hours. If you are a professional gambler, then it can vary from 2 to 8 hours, but at the same time with short breaks to satisfy physical needs.

And to let your head cool down for a moment...

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can't go on without a break :)

T

tamara822

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with all the previous comments. A break of 5 minutes is necessary for every player. During a game that can last for hours, it is absolutely necessary to at least get up from your chair and stretch legs.

Djon25

Djon25

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Closer to the final table, I never leave the game during the breaks. And 5 minutes fly by quickly, it could be a little longer:cool::cool::cool: