2nd place finish at absolute...

pokerjdud

pokerjdud

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so i played the little freeroll at absolut and got 2nd for a nice lil 12 dollars, lol it seems that absolutes freerolls are alot easier, anyone else play their freerolls?

pkrplr4116

pkrplr4116

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great Job! I still hate the site! In all this time, I've only had minimal success there.

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well played. :)

I don`t go in much for freerolls, but I do play the buyin tourneys at Abs fairly often. I`d say that there is a hardcore of decent players but a lot of fish.

Example: Last night I played in a MTT there with 273 entrants. By the first break, there were only 115 left, well over half had donked out in the first hour.

However, the game lasted another four hours after that, and the final table alone lasted well over an hour, because the last 9 players (at least) were serious people.

pokerjdud

pokerjdud

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hahah i hear that, i wonder why everyone has a big beef with absolute, hell i know the guy cheated but i dont think they would try that at medium level stakes ya know?

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i know the guy cheated but i dont think they would try that at medium level stakes ya know?

I agree. I don`t worry about it, because they claim to have fixed it and, even if they haven`t, I can`t see a superuser bothering to fiddle the $5 or $10 buyin tourneys where I mostly play.

Having said that, you can`t help briefly wondering sometimes when some fool wins a pot with a hand he should rightly have folded pre-flop. :confused:

pokerjdud

pokerjdud

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yea i know what you mean, but you gotta accept that. i feel that the majority of internet poker players are generally people who dont know how to play at all, but have extra money just to gamble away.

H

HungryBobArmsAbilene

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
congratulations i haven t had any luck at AP

Boeggs

Boeggs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats. I'm playin a rakeback.com freeroll there today.

Rossta

Rossta

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Making it through large freerolls is something I think takes a lot of skill. You really have to change your play about mid way through as the donks begin to get eliminated or realize they have enough chips and they should play seriously.

Critter183

Critter183

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats!

I had an 8th there today in a $5 NL. I think about 500 players started.

It was a long tough fight. I only saw 15% of the flops, including BB and SB. I had the worst cards all game. But I hung in there and finally got killed as short stack holding AKss against 66.