2 Poker Tips That Will Make You A Better Player

J

jamespintor

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When you start playing poker for the first time, many pitfalls await you. Here are 10 tips to help you get started as well.1. Play More Tight Before Pre Flop Increases A common beginner mistake is to play the same type of hands against an increase in the same way that you yourself would increase from your position at the table. Younger players can fall into the trap of paying a raise from a starting position on a full-ring table with KTs, AJo, or 76s. These hands are very playable being the first player in the pot in intermediate and final position, but a raise before us must be respected and seen as a narrow range, against which our fairness is bad with such hands. Make sure there is a large gap between the quality of the hands you will play as the first player in the pot and those that you will play after a raise before you.

2. Use Effectively Position

Be in a position makes a big difference in how playable and profitable a hand will likely be. It is not wise to pay Q6s small-blind of the same against a broad range of theft on the button. The lack of post-flop position and the player waiting to act after you ruin the expected value to pay. However, be on the button with Q6s and come folded to you is usually a very lucrative opportunity to make a raise. If the blinds are a little too tight or a little too passive, the combination of taking the pot preflop and the favorable position if paid creates a clear profit in the long run to increase with this hand.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Undoubtedly, these are good and effective tips.
In short, we can say:
be patient and disciplined.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I have one more advice for you. In my opinion, you always have to start playing only when you have a good mood.
Good luck.

B

blackchip

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tight is Right

You're going to find that playing premium hands favorable. Playing hands like KQ AJ and yes even AQ, hell I know some online grinders that will lay down kings preflop. Your just gambling otherwise. I love seeing the people playing 67s just asking for trouble. :wavey:

Baum

Baum

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Tutorials for beginners writemyessayfast.ca

Originally Posted by Newzooozooo

Hi.
I have one more advice for you. In my opinion, you always have to start playing only when you have a good mood.
Good luck.

Exactly. A good mood makes the difference, for sure. I always try to play in good spirits. Not too serious or focused, rather relaxed and with optimism to win.

J

Jadeyt92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My 2 tips are position and patience. The amount of times is see ace rag raised or all in under the gun generally is a school boy error

monkey23

monkey23

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
don't overplay suited connectors and small pocket pairs in early and mid position pre flop.

2nd tip...below ;)

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Good advice on how to play poker, but this is theory and does not always coincide with practice.

bekbollkz

bekbollkz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker tip is patience and know how to throw hands even if strong

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The main advice is to understand that poker is not a source of income, but just a game. Here, one victory is quite real, and then 10 defeats and disappointments. And secondly, you need to have good endurance and patience.

Shawnt

Shawnt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2 tips

Know when your beat. Or can't win. And as always have fun. If no fun no win. Hope everyone is healthy go on the tables and as always. Have fun

Good Man

Good Man

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can give you 15 tips, but since you only need two. I'll tell you: discipline and patience. Good luck at the tables...

Poker Tips