2 dollar bankroll

bbgold

bbgold

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just noticed the .01/.02 tables, Thanks!

I like that they are PL so if it is a Good hand you most likely will have a Decent pot from it.

These are also available for Omaha H/L btw :cool:

derhen

derhen

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My suggestion
try to get more $ in free
with only 2$ try the micro cash game

i make 70 $ :) in two years :D

2$ 5 or 6 time in 2700 free
first place in french free 1700 players 15$
fourth place in french free 1500 players 7 $

than
i won two time the 1$+0,25 sit & go 45 players 34,20 $
and i try the cash game 0;05$ 0;10$ I won 17 $

Janon

Janon

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
2 dollar is not bad to pratice cash game with. 1 cent / 2 cent playing tourney and cash games are really different so unless you dont want to learn than dont try but with 2 dollars your using is real money so you will see the difference for urself. but i would just save it up and just continue playing the freeroll if i were you gl watever you do tho.:)

dd_decker

dd_decker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try the micro stakes table, with the minimum buy in. Play tight aggressive. If you win, go to another table with the minimum buy in and that way you still have some back up money in case of bad beats... Be careful and build it up slowly, and don't get into too many coin flips.

dropdead1

dropdead1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with Nick. The .10c buy in tourney is the best value for money. I played it last night - didnt place - but I'm sure the $1000 guarantee tripled after the add ons! There were 3600 players & it payed 153 places. Just before the 3rd level there were already 1000 players out so shouldnt be too difficult getting into the money soooooon.

P

PlayedYou73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't advise depositing..it is totally possible to build a bankroll from scratch using freerolls...i know because I did it. I started playing the FTP freerolls, and after realizing how horrible they are (come on...2700 players and only 27 payouts and it takes 5 hours) I switched over to playing as many private freerolls as I could. Sites like cardschat and others offer them all the time..the fields are smaller and your chances of cashing are much better.

Once you have a few dollars...play some 1-2 dollar 9-handed SNG's while continuing to play freerolls. This is for a few reasons: (1) Pad your BR with freeroll money, (2) Gain more MTT experience, (3) Gain more final table experience with the SNGs.

I won't kid you...it "can" take quite awhile but you will certainly become a better player in the process. I've been playing 6 months or so...have a triple digit bankroll...I play everyday, and i've never gone broke.

GL

Nickmond

Nickmond

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd try a matrix 6 player SNG, it's hard to lose all of your money, and with any luck you'll turn enough of a profit to use on something more substantial. I've turned a pretty nice profit on these SNG's in my experience, lots of loose, amateurish players.

C

chapstick

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, here's what you do. Lets assume (because you will) continue to play in public and private freerolls. The best play on your $2 is to play the .60 double sats. Usually, there are about 180 players and because its a rebuy tourney, that 14 will win something with the top 11 winning the $22 buyin. Win that can cash out of the double deuce. Use that money to play more .60 DD sats. with your $2, you can play that 3 times and the .10 tourney twice.

Chap

J

Justboo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My bankroll is a BIG BAGEL...LOL. I don't even have a penny in there. I have hit a bad luck streak and can't shake it.

If I were you, I would play in the micro ring tables. It is possible to get somewhere so long as you don't go all in with high pair thinking you have the best hand. The people at the micro ring tables tend to play silly and will bet on a crappy hand. At least I am talking about the Full Tilt site

queirogabh

queirogabh

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
you should play 0.50$ tournaments. they are very easy cause the players are too bad. good luck to you man!

X

xCipx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would say the 1+.25 matrix tournamenet, if you come in first on one out of the 4 tables u play u can play another one, let alone if u finsh 1st 1st 2nd and like 4th, and win 3 tables and take first in the matrix prizepool

X

xCipx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that is crazy though that chris ferg, went from exactily 0$ to 10K, amzing i hate it when people say poker is 99% luck and 1% skill >:-(

illphillllllll

illphillllllll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would say keep playing the freerolls and give the .10 rebuy tourny a try. bringing the 2 dollars to a cash table will probable be the wrong thing to do. the other players might not respect your stack and call anything you throw at them which would put you in position to get unlucky, and with that small stack you can't afford to get unlucky.

JonasBluffer

JonasBluffer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started my bankroll with two bucks too, and i think that the micro stakes ring game its a good choice, wait fot the nuts and double up! There his so much risk, but i think its more faster method!

Good luck!

F

Fokyernh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
This is what you should do..
Register into a 45 man $1.25 sitngo and make sure to play only made hands and very passive and you should for sure be able to make the money..even if you dont you still got 60 cents or whatever for the micro tables..
JUST HAVE FUN!

G

gn2056

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all dont call 2 dollars a bankroll, its something to try and get something going. On tilt play the micro games, the 2-5 cent cap games or the even lower ones if you want, and you can get something going. If you double up leave. If your patient and have a little luck you can build it up that way. The cheap tourneys are easy to make the money but if you make the money but miss the FT it was hours to make almost nothing similar to a freeroll. Of course the ferguson is always nice but once again you need to make FT for it to be worth anything.

G

gn2056

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is what you should do..
Register into a 45 man $1.25 sitngo and make sure to play only made hands and very passive and you should for sure be able to make the money..even if you dont you still got 60 cents or whatever for the micro tables..
JUST HAVE FUN!

I think if your forced to be passive you shouldnt play, tight with aggression works, not passive.

JaBone30

JaBone30

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
U should listen to Nevda Nick, his suggestions were the best I read in this thread as ususal. U r starting a rough road so dont be to pissed off if u bust out, thats poker. Dont take it to the micros, big fish (not quite sharks lol), will eat u up. GL to u wish u the best.

N

nightmoves44

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hmm

I see alot of opinions on this question.I have only 2-3 dollars on some sites and I will just keep playing freerolls until I get at least 10 dollars.If you lose your 2 dollars,then you gotta start from nothing again.I hope this helps.

C

chispa73

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing in .01/.02 limits is better for him. He plays in 4 tournaments at .50 cents each he/she will be done.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management