10 million play chip challenge

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looks like fun, so im gonna give this a go. Ive never play with play-chips on stars, so im at 1000, what strats are people using? SnGs over ring?? Will update when i make any progress.

Well with 1k I mostly just go all in with almost ATC on the 5/10 Fr table. Then when I get 4k, with luck, or more I hit a 100/200 with 1 guy on it and try to get his stack HU. They usually have 4k 8k 12k or 40k stacks. It's hard cause people tend to join fast..

Then from there on I hit the FR tables and occasionally a SNG.

P

pokerjes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i sold 1.1 mil at starschips.com. the reason 1.1 is its hard to give up all the chips (i know play chips) that you put so much time in to getting. i sold 100k for .95c to see if it worked. about 5 mins i got my .95c(sweet). then i sold 1 mil for 10$ small br but i got it up to 70.91$ right now. and if you get there logo on your pic they give you 2 more $ for a total of 12$ per mil. havent tried that yet but i got the logo. hope it helps gl everyone

I

Inscore77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i sold 1.1 mil at starschips.com. the reason 1.1 is its hard to give up all the chips (i know play chips) that you put so much time in to getting. i sold 100k for .95c to see if it worked. about 5 mins i got my .95c(sweet). then i sold 1 mil for 10$ small br but i got it up to 70.91$ right now. and if you get there logo on your pic they give you 2 more $ for a total of 12$ per mil. havent tried that yet but i got the logo. hope it helps gl everyone
Lol you got ripped off

I

Inscore77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How is this thread still alive lol?

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Haha, I think thats an exaggeration. Otherwise he'd have $20k tied up in a worthless comodity. I'd only keep a few days stock of these if I was trying to resell. I guess no one is buying party poker playmoney. Strange since its such a good deal ;).

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not really strange imo since u can get like 50k (?) starting chips .. so it's a lot easier to build than from 1k

B

BobBrat69

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When AP 11st started their big play chip tourney, my 1st reaction was cool, piece of cake, no problem I got this. I can't tell you how many times I got greedy and lost it all only to start back over again! I have still never made it into the million buy-in. Wtg on building them and challenging yourself- and others lol.

S

squarer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I could see playing on a site like bodog, where you get points for playing, so playing a lot of play money SNGs makes sense, but for the life of me I can't see anyone buying play chips. (I also can't see anyone buying a bagel that looks like Mother Theresa either, but some idiots do.) More power to you.

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
not really strange imo since u can get like 50k (?) starting chips .. so it's a lot easier to build than from 1k

I guess I'll have to wink a little longer next time ;) ;).

dufferdevon

dufferdevon

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This challenge is not as easy as it sounds. I am up to 140,000 in two weeks. You have to be careful not to jump to a higher level faster than your BR can handle it.

Hmmm, where have I heard that before?