10 million play chip challenge

F

Fermion5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it true you can sell play chips. Don't really know why people buy them.

I have about 15 mil of play chips on stars. Been hovering there for a couple weeks. I play the 50k 27 man SNGs.

It's a lot better than playing some of the really bad freerolls out there(not the CC ones, those are good), though it is against PS rules to sell chips.

cardfetish

cardfetish

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe I'll have to try this one.

I went from the 1000 to 100,000 on Ultimatebet in a couple weeks because I didn't know they gave you more chips if you lost the initial 1000 so I played very carefully. Once I realized they gave you more I went from 100,000 to 20 million pretty quickly. You can do it in a day in the 1000/2000 NL holdem tables there.

Too bad you can't sell Ultimatebet chips since I have 50 mill now in 3 accounts.

Just ran across this one for buying UB chips *mod edit: Google for sites that buy play chips, or ask eNTy or Inscore or maybe cardfetish. Please don't post them here. :)*

Last edited by a moderator:
I

Inscore77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sp ppl will really pay $120 for 10mill play chips??? wow tahts dumb
Are you guys just reading the first couple posts and then replying? Seriously, read the thread and the questions will be answered, but I will humor you anyways

Yes, people will pay $120 for 10 million play chips

Yes, it is dumb

And no, I do not know why

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And no, I do not know why
Supply and demand.

1 mill. can be done over night with a bit of luck if you're starting from scratch. 10 mill. is a different story. My guess it would probably take at least a few days if you're running very well.

gondorf

gondorf

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I've got a hundred million trillion thousand play chips on my account. I accrued these during a two hour session last night whilst cutting my toenails.

odinscott

odinscott

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

And not one figgin FPP!!
viking.gif

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
now show me the after photo, $120 and no playmoney, if you do i might try it. I've asked pokerstars support if its against their rules and they told me no, you just can't try to buy or sell at their tables so work it out elsewhere.

O_o

O_o

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always make a few mil play money and sell it for 10$ a mil. The people who buy it sell it for more to people who want play money to play with. I have been selling to the same guy for a while now.

odinscott

odinscott

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
now show me the after photo, $120 and no playmoney, if you do i might try it. I've asked pokerstars support if its against their rules and they told me no, you just can't try to buy or sell at their tables so work it out elsewhere.

He must of bought those 2 million. I mean how would he get it exact if not. :p

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
haha so thats whos buying them...insane

O_o

O_o

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not to mention - once you have over 80k you can play at any play money table for the maximum amount. 20mill is overkill.

I

Inscore77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People do buy them, it's how I started my roll...how many times do I have to say that this is for real?

flint

flint

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
130 dollars for 10 mil at playchiptrader.com . I guess I am gonna start looking into this as a viable option to fund a pokerstars account when I open one.

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
is it only on pokerstars where u get 120, for 10 million, cuz I have about 6 million on party, but cant figure out where to sell them or how much, one site I seen offers like 7.50 for 5 million

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
party poker was ridiculously low like .20/million (or much more reasonable)

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ok want to race naruto? I have 0 on pokerstars

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
need to make it interesting competing otherwise i'll get bored out of my mind

I

Inscore77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Glad to see people finally taking part in my challenge

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used the same guy inscore used, a couple of months ago, and I asked him why people would buy them.
He's just a poker player who buys and sells as a side business, and he then uses the money he earns to fund his own bankroll.

Well he said people will buy them for practice, if it's too hard for them to get a substantial amount themselves
and it's not really a lot of use playing the lowest play money limits. So they buy and practice with it.
Apparently, it's mostly Americans :D

ajrobin

ajrobin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looks like fun, so im gonna give this a go. Ive never play with play-chips on stars, so im at 1000, what strats are people using? SnGs over ring?? Will update when i make any progress.