ZOOM strategy.

YuriSLopes

YuriSLopes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Recently I've started taking ZOOM games at PS more seriously and I've been way more profitable at them. I play mostly the ABC poker on it since I have no HUD, or any stats whatsoever on it. How about you, do you have a strategy for ZOOM?

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
6 max is more difficult to me than the 9max , which now does not exist unfortunately on PS or any other poker room that I know . I got better at 6 max by studying my mistakes , but still I can be far bette so as to move to the next level

I

IanP304

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally I don't change much in terms of strategy from regular cash tables. The only thing I do is never fast fold from button or cutoff unless someone raises before me, as often the sb and bb could already have fast folded so if it folds round to me then you can pick up the blinds often with a min raise. Other than that no need to alter strategy to much I don't think... I am not a big cash player though so I could be totally wrong on this lol.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I also like to play zoom cash games or zoom tournaments from time to time but I usually make the mistake of folding a bit too fast but since many people do it would be better not to do this and you can then get your advantage out of it. it's fun to play zoom but when it comes to strategy I also think that it's not much different than regular tournaments or cash games

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As for me, main strategy at Zoom Poker is more quickly click by the buttons: raise, call, or fold, in depending on hands,
that less to waste a time for this table, and more quickly coming up to next table...

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Although ZOOM is a cash game, there are differences in strategy compared to playing at regular tables. Therefore, you should change some of your tricks for a more profitable game. In ZOOM poker, most players are people who play poker for fun. They want to have a good time and, if they're lucky, win something. Such players do not like to sit and wait for a good card for a long time (because they only play with such cards). Another thing is ZOOM. If you don't like a card, discard it and move on to another one. Because of this, fans of "break" poker very often appear at various fast tables.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Although ZOOM is a cash game, there are differences in strategy compared to playing at regular tables. Therefore, you should change some of your tricks for a more profitable game. In ZOOM poker, most players are people who play poker for fun. They want to have a good time and, if they're lucky, win something. Such players do not like to sit and wait for a good card for a long time (because they only play with such cards). Another thing is ZOOM. If you don't like a card, discard it and move on to another one. Because of this, fans of "break" poker very often appear at various fast tables.

Hmm... that's an interesting observation. Was this on the 2nl tables?
I've pretty much witnessed just the opposite - - lots of tough, aggressive regulars who are 4-tabling. And depending up on the time of day, quite often there are few players who are only 1 or 2-tabling those games. (on Stars you can no longer see how many tables each player is playing in Z00M but on GGPoker you can).

S

stakkedoff

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i whole heartedly agree with poker orifice. zoom is not poplutated by window licking recs at all. the whole idea is that i can 4 tables 1k hands per hour, so if i've got an edge, then i can get in 4x the volume.... where do you think the good regs go to dreamer? regarding strategy differences they're rather straightforward. most of pool tends to overfold preflop which allows us to over aggress to a degree. conversely a lot of 0ev hands that would mix open/fold pre can become pure folds because we can essentially trade bb/100 for bb/hour. not wasting time opening the J7s from co allows you to play more hands per hour and thus increases your wr. timing tells are a thing pre. people can be a little impatient, clock down a bit, sometimes people will pause and wait for your action with a borderline 3b hand, but then if its more than a moment they'll just move to the next hand. you can abuse that impatience.

frost234

frost234

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Very simple. If you don't like the cards, throw them away and play another...;)