S

Supmargy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi!

I've seen some controversy about immediate fold ranges in zoom games.

I'd like to get a discussion started where people post their fold ranges regardless of position, and why they choose to pick a certain cutoff.

If you have the time to be thorough and want to discuss fold ranges in/out of position it would be greatly appreciated.

Im really new to the format so I don't have any definite rules I try to follow.

Ill give 2 examples of why I started this thread.
- Button with A8o, 1 BB limp. I would raise here, but others would fold.
- SB AQo, 1 raise, one limp. I saw someone fold this. I would call/reraise.

Any links to strategy guides regarding this topic would be greatly appreciated.

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. Rising/ folding/ calling ranges are not set to stone. Always think what is the plan to make money,. If you figure a way, you do it. Example1, you obviously have a plan to make money, so you should raise. Again same goes to example 2, easy game.

S

Supmargy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello. Rising/ folding/ calling ranges are not set to stone. Always think what is the plan to make money,. If you figure a way, you do it. Example1, you obviously have a plan to make money, so you should raise. Again same goes to example 2, easy game.
What?

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can write it in Finnish, is that better?

Keith_MM

Keith_MM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i'll translate it into english for him

Your ranges should not be set in stone as you should vary them according to the opponent , your 3bet and calling ranges will be very tight vs a nits openraise but be quite a bit wider against a mega whale.. if you have a set range you will be making a mistake by not playing enough hands againstthe whale and too many hands against a nit.

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"i'll translate it into english" Thx @Keith good translation

C

C3H6S

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if table limp i raise suited A8+, Q, K, 88+

K

KFlint

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can isolate a limper with any suited aces also imo. And I do it with A9o+ personnaly.

2dizzYMATH

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pretty much what keith said...

D

discintildeath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is always about the situation and mindset you are currently in. If you wish to be aggressive preflop the play carefully postflop that is a good place to start. This way you can open your range up and hit some big hands that most people don't see coming especially if they are going to just assume that everyone plays strong hands the way they do. If you are playing within your proper buy in range you can afford to raise on bad hands that may hit. I don't mean play 7 deuce suited or hands like 10-4 suited but throwing in one and two gap suited cards can hit you some two pairs that you can sucker some A-J with top pair jacks flop or turn. As always be careful if the board pairs there are a lot of things to look out for.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In ZOOM I fold more hands than regular tables, especially from early position.
QJ, A9 or 44 from early position is an instant fold for me.

One might ask - why lose 44 potential? Couldnt it catch a set? The answer is: 44 aint good enough to call a re-raise, that can easily happen from later positions. Remember, I am talking early position here.

0_5v

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In zoom I get um.. creative with bluffs especially after a few rounds with players to know how each reacts to raises and how big they need to be. I can be pretty fearless in raising on any cards with players that even once show the habit of folding against me. Mind you I never go all in with out seeing the turn at least.

Any way good luck.

Folding in Poker